RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   great day the AZ state fair! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/11588566-great-day-az-state-fair.html)

zackS30 10-18-2013 07:07 PM

great day the AZ state fair!

Hi guys new to the forum but I have always hada love for rcs. Anyways, about the fair! And had a great time with my wife and two friends! We rode ride and pplayed some games. Even ate some deep fried food which im paying for lol.

But what I didnt expect was they had rc car races! It was 5$ a race for 4mins. We raced traxxas slash 4x4s brushless I asked the guy where the redcats were and he goes yeah right! so I said whatever and raced my buddy and three other guys. And what was awesome I won! Ive never driven on a track before but it was so cool they had a few good turns and some good jumps!!! For winning I got a free 10$ indoor go cart race cardz idk that I will go maybe just use it as a trophy
Anyone else have a story like this!? I told my wife that I HAD to tell u guys and she laughed at me :p
Hope everyone had a good a day as I had... Even though they didnt have redcats!

Dads like rc too 10-19-2013 05:02 PM

This is funny. You'll get the same response when you ask the same question in your local hobby shop.

zackS30 10-19-2013 10:25 PM

They are actually going to get redcat cars and parts! Redcat was wanting to let them sell rcs but wouldnt sell them the parts so my lhs told them no but I went in today and he said they were going to get redcat things soon bcuz redcat changed their mind! Im excited!

Dads like rc too 10-20-2013 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by zackS30 (Post 11642489)
They are actually going to get redcat cars and parts! Redcat was wanting to let them sell rcs but wouldnt sell them the parts so my lhs told them no but I went in today and he said they were going to get redcat things soon bcuz redcat changed their mind! Im excited!

thats good news. I have trouble steering people towards Redcat products when they ask where they get the parts for it. I know you can find everything on the internet, but its nice to be able to go right in to your local hobby shop when you break a part on a saturday afternoon, and be able to repair it the same day. Also, a lot of newbies need assistance from someone behind the counter to explain what they need.

zackS30 10-20-2013 09:02 PM

Well when I was really into my xmods I had to order parts like gpm and such so wsiting for ordered parts is no big deal to me. I do ser what ur saying though.
Ive learned alot just off this forum though! I love this forum!

lifeismuddy 10-21-2013 05:06 PM

I always make sure when we get a new model in I carry most common parts for it that way if and when needed I have them. I have had to steer a customer or 2 to the internet for parts but it is not something i like to do.

zackS30 10-21-2013 08:58 PM

I just snapped my hinge pin for the upper a-arm. I went to my lhs to see if they had something that would work to replace it. They didntdidnt so what I did was take a pen and pull the ink tube out and blow out the ink and put a piece of metal from a clothes pins in the hole where the ink was. It actually works well, I bent the end of the metal off to make it stay in. im goimg going to het the the real pins but I dont have any money right now.

Btw sorry for all the typos I dont have a computer so I do all this from my phone!