My Tornado s30 Advice
I am new to the rc world and forums but have ran at least a half a gallon through my s30 so I thought I would give some advice for any new people or lurkers out there. These are just a few minor issues I had. This may help with people wanting to stock up on extra parts as well. I love my Tornado s30 and would recommend it to anyone.
Make sure ALL joint cups (A, B. and C) are secure with blue locktite. I had joint cup C come off along with the dog bone during a speed run. Please take the time to locktite these grub screws.
The front shock towers bend kind of easy. I bought an after market aluminum billet tower for $4.50 on eBay and received it in 5 business days. Another issue I had was the front shock caps kept getting scrapped up from the asphalt. I followed the advise of others on here and lowered the top screw (of the tower).
I would stock up on these extra parts from the start:
1. Spur gear part number 06032 (47T) ($3.95 shipped from Lusopc on eBay, USA)
2. Spur gear part number 06033 (42T) ($3.98 shipped from Lusopc on eBay USA)
3. 10x HSP Super Glow Plug #3 (what I use) part number 70117 ($35.72 from axeprice). This person is from China but I have ordered over a dozen items and receive them in 7-8 days no longer than 13 days (I am in the states).
4. M4 X4MM grub screws part number 02099 ($4.75 shipped from little*oak on eBay, USA)
5. Differential Transmission Housing part number 02006. ($3.51 shipped from angelwupp on eBay in China). I needed this part because for some reason I used my brakes way to hard and it melted the plastic casing. You could also get the aluminum version part #122025 for $7 from China.
6. 12 pcs E-clips part #02037 $1.38 shipped from excellbay on eBay in China.
7. Part number 122049 nylon nut m4. $3.20 shipped from comelili on eBay in China (fast shipping). You will need extra nylon nuts as the nylon wears off the more you take the wheels off. You can also use the traxxas ones as the are a direct fit. Just as your LHS for the 4mm nylon nuts.
If you use locktite you probably won't need spare drive cups or dog bones. Hope this helps. Please don't get discouraged like I first did. The parts are super cheap and easy to fix. The only problems I have had with mine have been my fault. This is my first RC car ever and it's a nitro. Absolutely love it! Hopes this helps someone.
Get a spare aluminum clutch, stock is plastic. I got a gallon and a half through mine and its going out.
Also if u have spare fuel tubing, cut a small bit and put it in the drive cup from the diff. It will stop the dog bones from coming out.
A new/better steering servo is always good too. I put a 645mg in mine.
And get drive shafts as well. Front and back. I managed to get mine to pop a wheelie when it hit second and shortly after on a small jump the rear drive shaft snapped.
I blew the rear diff as well. My fault, my tires where bald and not even so that caused the diff gears to give out just like it does in 1:1 AWD.
Thanks for the advice! Ordering some parts now just in case.
extra dog bones. I upgraded all suspension parts to aluminium. And wing posts. It seems to take a cartwheel or flip with out breaking now. But these crappy plastic rims. I bought oem metal ones for 30 bucks! Just cant find all terrain tires and foam that wont cause it rub on steering linkage.
Originally Posted by zackS30
What brand i noticed that steering servo is weak.
Part #02045 is the stock clutch right? That is metal on my s30. Please post part number of stock and aluminum clutch you are referring to. Thanks for the help.
I had a hitech 645mg servo.
Go on ebay and type in redcat tornado s30, u'll get all kinds of parts.
I have proline dirt hawgs on my tornado. They do well on road and dirt, I live in arizona so roads and dirt are plenty.
What's the part number you are talking about for the clutch? I am showing a plastic clutch on my schematic.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.