RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/3705430-%22official%22redcat-racing-truck-thread.html)

levid 03-19-2006 11:26 PM

RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

better put the truck back in the box hope it don't break beacuse it's calling for hail

lol

ehroof 03-19-2006 11:26 PM

saying snow for here on tuesday!!! yuk

ehroof 03-19-2006 11:27 PM

redcats here, help levid out!!!!

mdb4426 03-19-2006 11:29 PM

In response to loose screws. When I got my truck I couldn't barely get it out of the box fast enough. I have learned that patience will save you. If you want to talk about broken things do what I did and talk to a veteran model airplane guy. He had my truck tuned and running within a few minutes. Mostly had it tuned before even starting the thing. If you treat the trucks you drive as if they were airplanes you do a few more checks and pay alittle more attention to what is going on with the machine. The guy talked to me about radios, servos, batts, and gave me a lot of information. Charged my 5 bucks to tune it. Pretty fair trade off I think.

ehroof 03-19-2006 11:34 PM

most people think rip open the box, pull the cord and full throttle, or break in then full throttle. This hobby take alot of patience. Its actually a social hobby too, most people start talking to other people and you make new friendships, kinda like this forum.

ehroof 03-19-2006 11:36 PM

Planes are the worst, usually you cant fix it for a $5 part and an hour of labor. Even worse are helicopters.

mdb4426 03-19-2006 11:36 PM

I have found that it is a way for me to stay home spend alot of money and annoy the wife, definately a hobby

levid 03-19-2006 11:37 PM

I've done all that....one thing I've had this truck for almost 4 months...it's not like that hasnt' been done... i have taken it to my lhs and that's what they did, helped me tune...i'm not saying it doesn't sound great, start great, or in general run great...it does.......i haven't said anything about the running of my truck...but i'm not an idiot...i wouldn't just pull it out of the box and think it's perfect...the first thing i did was take it to the lhs and have them help me with it..............I can hit the breaks full throttle doesn't die...i can drive it right to my feet doesn't die and stops on a dime.... hit the gas takes off like a raped ape.....doesn't die at full throttle.... hit the break again, drive it back to me and it'll idle at my feet...i've gotten it tuned to the point that I love..w/ help....thank you xeller8 .... but it's weak...stops on a dime..and breaks on a penny.[sm=lol.gif]

levid 03-19-2006 11:39 PM

still no comment darin see your still on here still reading all the bullcrap

jcam54 03-19-2006 11:40 PM

Levid well I'm not worried about the volcano...Can you help me find a big enough box for my wifes new Nissan Titan?

LMAO!

HeHe its to big to fit in the garage next to my camaro.

levid 03-19-2006 11:40 PM

have found that it is a way for me to stay home spend alot of money and annoy the wife, definately a hobby

that is too true... that cracks me up... this is coming from levid's fiance... lol :D:D:D

levid 03-19-2006 11:43 PM

ya fly me and my fiance down and i'll build you something you would like in return show me your truck and how YOU drive it... we'll call it a deal... :)

ehroof 03-19-2006 11:45 PM

please dont take offense to my posts, i feel sorry for you, its not nice to take your son out for a fun day with a pretty expensive toy and have in ruined in a matter of minutes. If you do fix it again, try to take it real easy with the truck, get used to driving it, tuning it, you will get to kinda know its limitations. tuning, fixing and modifying is part of the fun. always check the screws after the end of a the day, clean it with some compressed air, put in some afer run oil, check that the engine is sitting square with the gears, most guys didnt know about this and were and are ripping up gears, ripped and stripped gears are nuthing new to this hobby along with broken a arms and steering arms. order your parts, fix the truck, check the whole thing out before you run it again, ask questions on the forum and take it real easy for a few tanks of gas. i am sure you will start to enjoy it.

jcam54 03-19-2006 11:48 PM

now...now I don't have the kind of money to even take a vacation but I would love to help you out, hopefully soon you won't have any probs--are you trying to fix the truck currently?

ehroof 03-19-2006 11:49 PM

wow redcat left and didnt post a thing, cheese!!!!!!!!!!!

levid 03-19-2006 11:58 PM

this is the frustrating part...i wish i could take all of you here and let you see where i've been driving my truck...TAKE IT EASY...???? how much easier can i take it....... do you think i WANT to keep breaking it....that's is all i have been doing the last 2 times after i fixed it was driving it easy....i am not one that has the money to bash on this truck i have a lot of other things to save for...and i don't bash on this truck or drive it excessive or overly hard... yesterday after fixing it yet again...my whole focus was to just take it out in an open field with no obstructions or curbs and/or land differences...just able to drive it flat round and round with a little dirt flyin....the frustrating part is trying to get you guys to understand...i couldn't possibly drive this any easier unless you want me to go 2 mph...???? I didn't buy a truck to bash on...just have fun...I'm not in it to race...or jump or be a speed demon...I have a 5 yr old son...my main focus was to have something for him and i to do together...you should have seen his eyes when i first got this truck talk about innocent excitement...but now he comes over he's just like "dad, fix your truck..." "dad, is your truck fixed yet" or "Lynn, fix my dad's truck"...................................and We still haven't spent more then 30 minutes out in one time...even in a field with this.............................i must just have gotten the manufacturing reject of all trucks....it must have been on the very bottom, of bottom of bottom of bottom, in the right hand corner with cob webs...dusted off and given to me..........cuz all it's been is a money pit..if any one has seen the movie money pit...that's what my truck has been...take a truck that should work in all convensional purposes....but doesn't...........again i don't know how to tell you guys other then to say...not once have I done anything outrageous or crazy....that never was my purpose in buying this truck.....ha ha ha jokes on me. :D:D:D:D:D:D 400 dollar joke.

levid 03-20-2006 12:01 AM

ya cheese is right i tried to e-mail darin and jenni still no reply guess they don't care great support huh

levid 03-20-2006 12:05 AM

and as far as next time i fix it i should run it easier...... then I guess that would mean I should go to fedex, wrap it in bubble wrap, rent out the stadium, wrap it in bubble wrap...and THEN my truck MIGHT come out with no breakage..?? at 1/2 throttle... maybe??[sm=punching.gif]

ehroof 03-20-2006 12:07 AM

sorry bro, sounds like you should either call redcat and explain whats going on or just get out of the hobby. I really found these things always seem to break, weather you spend 200 or 500 for the rc. car, truck plane or boat. you do need to have deep pockets sometimes too. you should be able to enjoy a few hours of fun without something breaking too. i am very suprised that redcat didnt reply, they were here for a while. I find it a little upsetting. I did buy a kyosho fw-05 from my lhs after i broke it in i was racing and found it to be a little strange feeling, i brought it back for him to look at and my one was bearing was bad, he sold me a new one and i spent abot 2 hours replacing it. i was a little upset at first but hey, he didnt know if i was lying and for 15 bucks who care.

ScottHarp 03-20-2006 12:10 AM

levid --

What would you propose Redcat do?

ehroof 03-20-2006 12:11 AM

maybe go to the back yard with a sledge hammer and smash it in a thousand pieces, pack it up in a box send it back to redcat with a nicely written letter and go to the lhs and buy a new traxxas revo. i must admit though i find it hard to believe that your were driving it real easy and went thru $150 in parts (i took away $50 for shipping). Thats kinda like saying i was run over by a bus in my bathroom.

levid 03-20-2006 12:15 AM

it's not that i propose that they do anything...but when I see darin on the forum...and not say anything...to either support or oppose the truck he sells, it makes me wonder how much confidence he himself has in it......he's the one selling these trucks and he comes on the forum and has nothing to say.....? that shows how much he believes in them.

ehroof 03-20-2006 12:15 AM

this guy is just plain nasty, no advise or help will make this any better. i wouldnt waste my fingers on typing for this anymore.

levid 03-20-2006 12:18 AM

lol ehroof I like your post...but i never said i broke 150 in parts yesterday...that was just 1 time...lol.......... i've broken this truck every time i've ran it the over 400 i've spent is the entire time i've had the truck.... when did i say i spent 150 in parts yesterday??? LOL do you guys fully read the posts????????

ehroof 03-20-2006 12:27 AM

you did say you used the truck for one hour since you've had it and it cost you over $400 to use it, i was assuming that you paid $200 for it, paid $150 for parts and the other $50 for the shipping of the parts as you said the $ amount was for the parts and shipping. I find it very hard to believe that you used the truck for 1 hour in total in 2 months and spent over $150 in parts and you were driving it real easy or even semi easy. i spent $16 on a body(the bodys are garbage) and $7 for a traxxas clutch spring and shoes. i have had the truck for over a month, my son and i have jumped sand dunes, i hit a curb, my son rolled it about 8 times in the street at about 25mph, and no real damage except the body. i have put about 15 tanks of fuel thru it about 5-6 hours of driving time on it and no problems. HMMMMMMMMMM wonder what i am doing wrong. Have you had the same part break twice??? Did you replace it more than twice??? Do ya think redcat was waiting for you to call so they can send you their inferior parts from the inferior parts corner right next to the inferior truck corner???? Be a man, call the phone number on the website and see if you can clear it up with the company, if not either fix it or throw it in the garbage can and go buy another truck from another company or start flying kites.