RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/3775361-%22official%22redcat-racing-1-8th-buggy-thread-not-truck-thread.html)

TTR_EB4 04-20-2008 03:15 AM

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

yer thanks jas email for ya,

and i have a problem, i have made a thread for it but until somone posts on it ill ask you guys

I have a caster racing K8T and im having trouble starting it on the starter box because the flywheel is too close to the chassie, i cant move the engine forward due to the gears getting close to the clutch, ill post some pics next post.

Cheers TTR_EB4

TTR_EB4 04-20-2008 03:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the pics

Jas the Ace 04-20-2008 03:47 AM

Yeap...Time for a bit of machining there mate, strip it all down so you can get a dremil or file or drill or something in to make the opening bigger, and the wheel on the starter should be able to reach it.

TTR_EB4 04-20-2008 04:04 AM

yer thanks jas i might take it apart and use my pops Milling machine. and guess what i have to get it all back together in 7 days otherwise i cant race ! lol

Cheers
]
TTR_eB4

grizz5 05-04-2008 03:43 PM

I'm back [8D]

TTR - Re your e-mail about the Hyper or Thunder tiger. Are these RTR buggies or kits ? If you looking at serious racing I would shy away from an RTR and pay a little more for a kit designed for racing and not just general use. It will save you lots of money and lots of frustration with broken bits in the long run.

grizz5

zaintlouis 05-05-2008 01:07 AM

Hi Mozzy, Griz, Ace, Hi all! i gave up online game now. i sold my account for $1,200.00 just enough to buy me 2 kits of Xray 808's haha. Anyway how are you guys doing? you think i'm dead huh? no way jose. Nitro is my life flesh and blood. My redcat is still in superb condition. Just a second, what new in rcuniverse? how come i dont get any photos it's like the page is messed up what's wrong? i tried in another computer and is still have same web page error? i realyy dont have a clue

Swamp3r 05-05-2008 01:39 AM

Good to see you back griz

grizz5 05-05-2008 02:48 AM

Yo Louis - welcome back brother :D It's been fairly quite on here for a while. Jas and I plus a few new guys have been chatting a little, Mozz is missing in action somewhere.
X-Ray 808 eh, pretty hot buggy. I have had a bit of a shuffle of my toys. Got rid of the truggy and am now concentrating on racing the GS CL-1 Pro Team Kit buggy with Go-Tech .21 5 Port Turbo, and a Team Magic G4+ on roader with Ninja MR .12. That's enough to keep me out of mischief and poor. :)

Hope the family is all well.

TTR_EB4 05-05-2008 05:23 AM

grizz, they are both kits, no engine, no radio gear.

$525 for the hyper 8.5 pro kit + $40 postage
or
$540 for the Thunder Tiger eb4 s3 pro kit at my local hobbie shop.

cheers
TTR_eB4

Jas the Ace 05-05-2008 05:36 AM

LOUIS...is that you...?

Man I was even trying to start rumors about ya.!!! Lol....

Welcome back to..........um yeah.....this place...hehe...

We are all good, couple of very keen new people joined up, we all missed having your input louis, it will be great to have you join us again.

grizz5 05-06-2008 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: TTR_EB4

grizz, they are both kits, no engine, no radio gear.

$525 for the hyper 8.5 pro kit + $40 postage
or
$540 for the Thunder Tiger eb4 s3 pro kit at my local hobbie shop.

cheers
TTR_eB4
Hi TTR, If your local hobby shop carries the spares for the Thunder Tiger, go with that. Spare parts availability has to be the number one concern when buying a buggy or any other RC car for that matter.

TTR_EB4 05-06-2008 03:14 AM

yer, he carrys parts for both, so the choice is kinda hard, i had a guy post up on my forum on rctech, and he said that he had the S3 and he bought all the upgrades for it and it went better than it did stock, then he sold it and bought the 8.5 and he says it goes a million times better than the s3.
So i dont know,

most likly the 8.5

cheers TTR_EB4

Jas the Ace 05-06-2008 04:26 AM

TTR- Do you have any personal preference or gut feeling that leads you to a particular one? If your hobby shop supplies parts for both brands I think that both must be on about even par. What do you see most of at the races and how do they perform?
The good thing is you are doing your research first, great to see. )
Unlike me, I buy on impulse, and things can be a bit expensive, but at the same time very enjoyable because I followed my gut feelings. (or heart, either way).

Louis...don't shy away from us now...give us all the goss.

Grizz-take care of the new football coach ya getting over there, he is a Brissy bloke, very skinny, don't know how his bones will handle the Haka, hahaha...

Mozzy- where the bloody hell are ya?

Jas the Ace- Burn some nitro will ya!!!!

:)

TTR_EB4 05-06-2008 06:22 AM

yer, about 6-7 guys have the Hyper 8, but the one i might get is the second version, of the, The Hyper 8.5

TTR_EB4 05-06-2008 06:23 AM

version of it*** sorry bout that

grizz5 05-06-2008 04:52 PM

TTR - from what you have found out it seems like the Hyper 8.5 is the go. You can only go on what others have discovered.
Jas - Yeah, it will be intereseting to see how the boys go under Mr Bennet. You can't deny his track record. He has to be the most successful league coach of all time, anywhere !!
Don't sweat it mate, I plan to burn about 1 litre of nitro through my Ninja on road tonight at the Wednesday night car park racing - yahoo :D Man this thing is scary quick [:-]. It is just starting to loosen up and it's too fast for me already. After another 2 or 3 litres it will be a rocket ship. The G4 chassis handles like a dream, so you can get all the power to the ground. It just hunkers down, stays perfectly flat, power drifts on all four wheels and goes. You would love the sound Jas. It has the tell tale crisp and throaty Ninja scream [>:] I will try and get some video (mobile phone) of me thrashing and work out how to e-mail it so you can share the vibes [8D]

grizz5 05-08-2008 12:38 AM

Sent you boys some pics. Sorry about the long wait you will have downloading them [:o], but they are not bad.

Swamp3r 05-08-2008 12:40 AM

Glad your back grizz:D

grizz5 05-08-2008 05:39 AM

Cheers

TTR_EB4 05-09-2008 02:26 AM

wow grizz, thats too much mud, stuff that, i wouldnt be racing.

grizz5 05-09-2008 04:54 PM

Neither was I ;) I like to race when I can, but not at the expense of wrecking my buggy. I gave the front end off my old truggy to a fellow club member to use because his front diff crapped out and he had no spares. When I got it back every single bearing was seized or partially seized with mud or rust. Wheel bearings, diff outdrive bearings, steering post bearings, the lot !! He will be getting a little bill from me soon !! I was a little miffed actually. If I had borrowed someone elses car, I would naturally expect that it would be returned to them in the same condition that I got it. I certainly wouldn't hand it back in that state. Ahh well :eek:

Are you racing this weekend ? Couple of meetings on here, but it looks like the weather will put pay to any racing tomorrow.

TTR_EB4 05-10-2008 07:16 AM

next meet for me is next week saturday, it sucks that we only have one meet every month, i reckon we should have one at least twice a month, but i guess it gives you time to save up and buy stuff for ya car.

grizz5 05-11-2008 12:09 AM

That's true [&o] We are in the same position here, just once a month - unless you want to drive for hours (literally) to another track and back, which with the price of petrol here at the moment is not a viable option any more.
Gives us something to look forward to once a month :D I don't really have a suitable area for running the buggy nearby where I live, so I just muck around with my on roader in the street and car parks between off road meetings. I don't want the expense of racing proper on road full time, as it can be pretty costly. I would rather just thrash the foams off my car somewhere, then meet up with the boys for the car park racing every second Wednesday evening - we have a ball. No pressure, no drama, very social. You just race what you bring.

bash_N_corn 05-14-2008 11:10 PM

I have just began installing a roto start on my cane, after putting on the back plate assembly on I used the wand in my fingers and gave it a spin to check for binding.... sure enough major drag! If I loosen the 4 screws it spins free again but if the heads of the screws do any more than make contact with the back plate it starts to bind. Is this normal? I checked and re-checked to make sure the gear on the OWB is not upside down.... Plese help

Swamp3r 05-14-2008 11:14 PM

I`ve never used one but what about adding washers just thin ones.