RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/3775566-redcat-trucks.html)

Kemo 03-14-2006 10:38 PM

RE: Redcat Trucks

There is a truggy he could have, has most the upgrades of the Hurricane... aluminum arms and whatnot. Could get that cheaper than upgrading the hurricane.

alpha1one3 08-01-2007 03:16 AM

I had my Volcano SV Pro and the first runs after my brake in were good. Had a couple of crashes nothing broke. I think its because I have all the aluminum upgrades lucky me. But Yeah replace YOUR entire electrical system including remote. The entire electrical system does suck really badly alot of glitches. I had this problem with the electrical system that it locked up to full throtle and the steering locked up also. So we had a runaway truck that hit a tree and flipped over luckily. But yeah we knew the truck could handle crashes very well if you get all the aluminum hop ups. But the electrical system just simply sucks.

Supported by: my job.

Trippz 08-03-2007 04:05 PM

I have a Volcano STX and I had the same problem with my steering. I dont think it has any thing to do with the remote or servos. Off road mine wouldnt turn with a damn but on the street it turned fine. I took it up to my locale hobby shop and they looked at it and said the the design for the steering servo saver was junk under hardly any load the servo saver shaft would seperate. So after talking with them I glued the shaft together disabling the servo saver and bought a servo saver that actually went on the servo. And sure enough that solved the problem. Of course as soon as I got that fix the damn spur gear stripped out on me. So now I am going to the hobby shop to try and match up one that isnt plastic. For everyones information: I have noticed that the volcano frame is very similar to the older savage I think it is the savage X and there are alot of interchangable part from HPI that I have used one my volcano something to look into went repairing, upgrading ect. and some of the part are alot cheaper than what Redcat sells them for.

ehroof 08-03-2007 04:09 PM

Post your finding of interchangable parts!!!!!!

rclynx 08-04-2007 02:22 AM

Some of the servo savers mould is bad and I just replace them....................darn plastic flexes instead of the spring compressing[:@]

Mcat 08-08-2007 02:47 PM

I have a Tsunami and all I hear is complaining about Redcat. I find this funny because I have only had one problem with mine, I bent a shock, but that was my own stupidity (driving too fast in a small area). I paid about half as much for my truck than one of those "high quality" trucks and mine keeps up with those no problem. Just yesterday I was out jumping it and was truely surprised to see that nothing had broke, I was expecting a trip to the hobby shop, but instead, I just kept on running. I give this truck a beating nearly everyday and never even slows down. I feel pretty good about the product that I bought and I also think that if cost is an issue or you are a beginer, take a look at Redcat.

alpha1one3 08-10-2007 12:05 AM

They type of controllers redcat gives you with the RTR kinda do suck but i do like the servos i think there good. The servo saver for the steering is crap, so i did what the other guy said and it worked. Also I broke my controller because i was excited and kinda twisted it to far to the right to make a turn but it didnt stand up to my powerful grip with a led finger. So I am probally going to my local hobby shop to find my a better qualitiy remote control. That wont brake when you get excited.

CARNUT383 08-10-2007 10:54 PM

I have a volcano sv that keeps wearing the u-joint cups out on the trans. and diffs. then causes the driveshafts to break.Anyone else run into this and what can be done to repair it?

Syclone354 08-11-2007 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: CARNUT383

I have a volcano sv that keeps wearing the u-joint cups out on the trans. and diffs. then causes the driveshafts to break.Anyone else run into this and what can be done to repair it?
yup my tsunami did that especially on the back one. the local hobbytown usa had a bunch of hpi stuff in 30% off sale bins so i went scrounging. i found my worst problem was the cup that the brake disc runs on. i found hpi ones part number 72107 is the same part but much heavier duty looking. I also bought hpi part number 72083 which is the rear drive shaft with a universal mounted on the differential end instead of a cup. this has gotten me a rear driveshaft setup that has NO play in it at all so it shouldnt wear groves in it and bind the axle.

does your snap the very tip off of the front by the brake disk? you can add an extra o ring (make one out of the fuel line) inside the front cup and that will space the driveshaft back enough to keep it from hainging in the grooves. I have found the driveshafts fit very loose, and since the back one is soo short it has no flex to it and just snaps. ive broken like 3 rears in my car HPI part number A553 is the exact same shaft as the stock one.

hope this helps

CARNUT383 08-11-2007 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info. I will be going out and picking those parts up and try them out.I broke one shaft at the brake and one at the rear diff. Thanks again

pigpen1 08-14-2009 10:27 PM

Hey can you give me the name of the hobby shop that you get your redcat parts and supplies from. A phone number and address would be great. Thx

firebird78 08-14-2009 10:36 PM

your most likely going to have to order online....

http://www.allaboutfunhobbies.com/

http://www.rufaster.com/

pigpen1 08-14-2009 11:08 PM

no your not the olny one.I have a stunami ultrawide what a headache . spent alot of money on parts and shiping and downtime. not alot of fun and drive time

pigpen1 08-14-2009 11:27 PM

have you had good luck with redcat because ive had nothing but bad

nubzorz 08-15-2009 05:56 PM

Well i would actually call or email redcat next time before slandering them and thier products on a public forum.

pigpen1 08-30-2009 10:26 PM

IwishI had read this beforeI bought one. They aremoney pit, P.O.S.'s. I should have got a Traxxas to begin with.

chevyderek72 08-30-2009 11:07 PM

Why do you say that? Did you break something becasuse you didnt know what you were doing? Not saying you did but if so then its not redcats fault. These are great cars, ive had zero problems with them, and ive had quite a bit

dakotanut 08-31-2009 09:49 AM

I couldn't get mine started. I think with some help from the fine people here and at RedcatRacing I'll get it all worked out.

army2000ng 09-03-2009 01:40 PM

Sometimes the remote control batteries become lose and the connection is lost, try adding card board or a pc of flat foam on the remote control battery lid, this might allow the batteries to stay in place.

army2000ng 09-03-2009 01:52 PM

Don't be so disappointed with what you have, I have a Traxxas that did the same thing, I placed a pc of card board in the remote control box to hold the battery in place and it worked. One of my customers had the same problem with his Volcano and it worked fine. He is excited he purchased the truck. Like many other brands or even a new car. Things might not work the way it should, but with a little communication with your dealer or this forum, questions will be answered. I think REDCAT vehciles are pretty good and am proud to sell them. If you ask me about HPI and Traxxas I will again tell you they are fine too. I take great care in asking questions and avoid the negative opinions of people who have had just one, and feel that one truck repesents years of experience in r/c hobby. Buy one read up on it and ask questions.

stinkbombracing2 09-03-2009 06:56 PM

Redcat service sucks you sould read what happen to us after spending almost 2,000 $ you can find it at BEWARE OF REDCAT SERVICE and yes my spellinf sucks

dakotanut 09-03-2009 09:09 PM

That wasn't very nice. They have been super helpful to me so far. Even went as far as to tell me they would replace or refund my money if it didn't work out. Now that my truck is running, I'm pretty happy.

pigpen1 09-03-2009 11:23 PM

im sorry

mdst1960 09-04-2009 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just thought you might want to see some pix of my Aftershock Truck

mdst1960 09-04-2009 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I own some Traxxas Slashes also and just thought you would like to see it side by side with my Redcat Vortex. (they both are 1/10th scale)