RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   let me tell you how pissed i am (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/3999000-let-me-tell-you-how-pissed-i-am.html)

bjc617 03-06-2006 02:17 PM

let me tell you how pissed i am

ok listen to this i have a lightning ok i had the car fixed before it was even running cause the electronics were defective so i had the guy break it in and he also tuned the car ok so i have a failsafe for the car so this morning i got out of work at 7 so i woke up at 12 and it was a nice day out.... i got the car started let it still for about a minute and drove it it was running like a beauty so the car ran out of gas and it stalled obviously... so i filled it back up and got it running again ... the car was running fine for about 1 minute UNTIL the car would not break and the throttle in the car was all the way down so i had a car flying down my street going 45+ mpg with no control of the gas and brake witch the failsafe didnt even work the car hit a park car on the rear wheel witch shatterd half the body and and broke the left axle then the car was still ****ing going i had to physically jump on the car which i ripped open both my knees to stall the ****ing thing i am so bull**** at this right now i was sold a defective car i am scared to drive one of these things ever again what if there were kids? crossing the street or something like that somebody could have gotten injured i know i did cause my knees are cut open real bad and my left hand is burned to hell to get the car shut off

raceman17 03-06-2006 02:22 PM

RE: let me tell you how pissed i am

Next time when you want to shut the motor off, place you finger over the stinger on the exhaust pipe. It will kill the motor instantaniously. Sorry about your mishap.

ehroof 03-06-2006 02:44 PM

sounds like your batterys in the car went dead or your failsafe was no good, doesnt make sense for the failsafe not to work, hense the name failsafe.

ehroof 03-06-2006 02:58 PM

i really hate to hear such negative things about the hobby, i have been in it for 20 years and love it, i do get very fustrated and feel like smashing these things but then i take a deep breath and start over. The only thing i can say is that it doesnt matter what brand these are, they all seem to break or have problems, thats what makes it a hobby, just what happened to you is really bad, if the failsafe was hooked up correctly and the batters is good it should have worked unless the failsafe was not good. try calling redcat or emailthing them and explain and see what they say.

bjc617 03-06-2006 03:32 PM

cause the batteries were all fresh everything was running fine man and this happened what i did was to get the car stalled i learned a little trick if you pinch the fuel line it will just cut the motor off cause i was told when you put your finger over the muffler it can clog up stuff yea so i emailed the person and i am waiting for a response back and see what happens like i care that the car did that but i was mostly concerned that no kids were playing on the street or anything cause somebody could have gotten really hurt i just cant believe i haad to jump on the car cause it was going full throttle and wouldnt stop i hope that i can get this car replaced or something cause from the get go the transmitter was busted and the fuse box had to be fixed and stuff i might have just got a bad car i dont know..... next week i think i am going to ordr a nitro traxxas 4 tech with a electric starter cause a guy at the hoppy shop give me a good deal so hopefully i can get this car replaced cause it was really fun until that happened i know i can fix the problem with the axle and stuff right now but i dont want to risk that car doing that again

Xeller8 03-06-2006 05:11 PM

Like I told you before...if you were having probs with the electronics you should have either gotten ahold of the person that sold it to you RIGHT AWAY or gone and bought better electronics BEFORE you even tried to run it....

I upgraded the electronics before I ever even STARTED my buggy for the first time as I wasn't even going to take a chance of having a run away...those cheap ass AM radios that come in almost ALL "RTR" kits suck and are pretty much just a token gesture in order to back up the "ready to run" claim....they will get interference from MANY sources including over head power lines and even the CAR itself (vibration and static electricity due to friction created by moving parts)....

Who installed the failsafe??....did you get a GOOD one or the cheapest one you could find??...are you SURE the batteries in the car were good or maybe you didn't accidentally leave them on for an extended period of time and maybe didn't realize it?

Like ehroof said...it doesn't make ANY sense that the failsafe didn't work if the batteries in the car were good and the failsafe was hooked up properly...

Sorry to hear about what happened...that really sucks...but don't you think there is even a remote possibility that this could have been USER error??

platinumchopper 03-06-2006 05:43 PM

i agree it does sound like batterys, or Human Error! Like ehroof and Xeller8 said...it doesn't make ANY sense that the failsafe didn't work if the batteries in the car were good and the failsafe was hooked up properly. Who knows... I have a futaba 3pm-fm for my tornado xp and revo, and it has a voltage display, so when it drops to a point you need batteries, its pretty cool. Sorry man, that sucks about what happened! Good luck getting everything running!

bjc617 03-07-2006 12:10 AM

all the batteries were brand new and all the electronics the fuse box and stuff were all new and fixed at hobbytown the guy installed them all for me so i have no idea what went wrong i know there was a problem when the original transmitter for the car wasnt working

Xeller8 03-07-2006 12:18 AM

I guess I'd be going back to the guy who installed the stuff and told you it was all fixed and ready to go.

Kemo 03-07-2006 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: raceman17

Next time when you want to shut the motor off, place you finger over the stinger on the exhaust pipe. It will kill the motor instantaniously. Sorry about your mishap.
Killing an engine that way is a sure way to snap the connection rod. You are forcing so much fuel into the engine by plugging the exhaust, something has to give.

5xfaster 03-13-2006 02:19 AM

Why do they tell you to shut it off that way in the instruction manuals if it could break something like that?