RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   help with the clutch (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4007750-help-clutch.html)

thecool1 03-08-2006 01:17 PM

help with the clutch

how do i take my clutch apart so i can check and see if the spring is broke. my engine keeps stalling when i hit the breaks and stop the car from moving. anyone know of some good diagrams?

jeeperscreapers 03-08-2006 01:21 PM

RE: help with the clutch

spring just wraps around it..... its under those metal gears that are attached to the flywheel on the motor... theres a hex screw right on the tip of it

cartronicshn 03-09-2006 03:08 PM

Just be carefulwhen you take it apart, if the spring is loose inside, it will come out flying:D

thecool1 03-09-2006 03:31 PM

ok..lemme get this right first before i start taring apart...cause im new to this.
the box with the black gears that are visible..thats not the clutch right? thats the differential or something?
is the clutch located on the part that comes out the bottom of the engine?

cartronicshn 03-09-2006 03:35 PM

It's in the front part of the engine

Xeller8 03-09-2006 03:39 PM

I can't remember if you have the car or the truck...but since you said car thats what I'm assuming you have but the clutch bells all look the same so here is a picture that I posted for someone in the truck thread the other day....it about 3/4 of the way down that page...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...27/key_/tm.htm

jeeperscreapers 03-09-2006 03:39 PM

wellllllll i'm new to but im learning fast!!! it's all really quiet simple [:-] ok the actuall clutch on the 2 speeds is in that black box in the middle where the 2 visible black gears are.... but what your problem sounds like is the clutch slice as its called in the parts list which is located where i stated above

Xeller8 03-09-2006 03:42 PM

Those don't have the clutch bell on the very end of the crankshaft??

jeeperscreapers 03-09-2006 03:50 PM

the clutch slice with the spring is right infront of the flywheel coming directly off the motor

thecool1 03-09-2006 04:15 PM

mmmmk guys...ill give it a try..thansk for all the help.

chopper22980 03-10-2006 02:39 PM

hey thecool1 i sent you a pm on how to take the clutch apart and to put it back together.did you not read the pm?just curious,cause its pretty detailed.let us know how you do with it.

thecool1 03-10-2006 03:38 PM

yeah man...i saw. im gonna try it right now..thansk for the PM.

thecool1 03-10-2006 04:00 PM

ok. so i got it off...and the spring came flying out and hit me in the eye. (JP) anyway..i didnt get to see where the spring went cause it came off too quick. does it go in that grove on the outside of those two pieces that seperate? im gonna go get a spring while i wait for your guys response.

cartronicshn 03-10-2006 05:07 PM

told ya:D, and yes it goes in the groove it's a tight fit. good luck

thecool1 03-10-2006 05:28 PM

ok...so i got the spring on....put it all back together. i took it outside to test it...and i pulled it a few times and got the pull chord stuck out.
how do i get it back in? i swear im gonna go kill myself. lol.
darin please send me a new truck. lol

thecool1 03-10-2006 07:05 PM

i got it running guys. thanks for all your help.

jeeperscreapers 03-10-2006 07:08 PM

NP man ALWAYS ask questions!!!! :D It makes a newbie like me that knows 1 or 2 things feel great!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Xeller8 03-10-2006 07:34 PM

What did you have to do to get the pullstart working right and get it running??...did what I told you in my last P.M. to you do the trick??

thecool1 03-11-2006 11:20 AM

i took it off the engine...and the recoil spring was broken at the end so it wasnt sitting in that little circle in the senter that holds it. so i just took some pliers and made another tab on the end of the spring and wrapped it back up and put it back in the lil circle and it was fixed [8D]
the truck is running pretty good now. doesnt stall or anything.

Connormon 03-11-2006 01:45 PM

Just a little thing i though you might like cool. I had the same problem with my pull starter...my friend had pulled it out and the spring had gotten bent, so like you i just bent it back into place. But it happened 2 more times...so i looked into new starting mechanisms and i highly recomend the Sullivan Tiger Drive. If you are interested in this your model number, being that you have the 1/10 eldorada, is S680 they cost like 15 bucks just type in Tiger Drive S680 on Ebay if your interested...theres usually a couple being sold.

You would have to buy a starting want to(S686) which is about 10 bucks...but in the end it pays off, no more blisters on your fingers.

You just simply attach the starting wand into a Roto Start Drive or Electric Screw Driver(which is what i use) and stick it in the little hole in the tiger drive and start it up, starts in a second and your hands will thank you.

just thought id say this incase you did want to get a new starter mechanism.

thecool1 03-11-2006 03:42 PM

sounds cool man..maybe ill look into that here soon.

ehroof 03-11-2006 09:07 PM

if this doesnt help i dont know what will

http://gangster-cars.tripod.com/id7.html