RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Truggy? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4008470-redcat-racing-truggy.html)

Kemo 03-08-2006 04:44 PM

Redcat Racing Truggy?

What would you guys think? Since I cant start a poll, I figured I'd at least make a thread on it.

Xeller8 03-08-2006 05:04 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Truggy?

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I think. :D

annie_himself 03-08-2006 05:29 PM

Thats Redcat? Looks like a Storm. How is it?

Xeller8 03-08-2006 05:39 PM

Yep...thats a 1/8 Redcat Hurricane XP...I've just done quite a few mods to it including a different body with a different paint scheme...

It's been pretty cool so far...jumps are nice with those big tires...it's like landing on pillows...LOL!

The only thing is adding those big tries and wheels has more than doubled the rotating mass on each corner so I am looking into gearing it down a bit to get my bottom end acceleration back and the clutch is slipping a bit due to the extra load..(gearing down will also cure that)..but she still runs quite fast on the top end...just takes a little longer to get there.

nitrosteve22 03-08-2006 05:45 PM

Hey Xeller,what color is the chassis on the XP? I see alot of blue parts so I guess if one was to 'trick' it out it would be best to stay with the blue aluminum? Also,I love the truggy idea but do you know if they offer the parts to convert the 1/8th buggies in to the 1/8th trucks that Himoto offers? When I get my XP I'd like to buy the parts+truck body so I could convert it from 1/8th buggy to truck or truck to buggy for the best of both worlds. Cause I want a truck and a buggy but to cheap to buy both lol.

Xeller8 03-08-2006 06:14 PM

The chassis itself is a dark gray...the shock towers that came on it are purple and the shock tower support struts are also purple...the cooling head on the motor is blue because I put a Higher perf motor in.(Sportwerks .26)...

They do have kits that include a longer chassis...wheel spacers...etc..with mine I just put bigger wheels and tires on it...didn't need any spacers or mods really other than what I talked about earlier about needing to gear down...I also need to trim the front of the body a bit because the front tires just barely catch the body when they are turned all the way one way or the other....

Other than that..it has been pretty cool...until the big wreck yesterday that is...LOL!;)

nitrosteve22 03-08-2006 07:05 PM

Yeah I saw the photo's.... Looks pretty bad,hope the fixing of the buggy goes well ;) . I can deal with purple parts...... For a while lol.

Kemo 03-08-2006 08:05 PM

I'm just trying to see how much interest there would be if there was a truggy. It'd sure bring in the racing audience.

I'd be interested thats for sure.