RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   car wont move (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4035731-car-wont-move.html)

bluecaka69 03-15-2006 12:44 AM

car wont move

i just installed new gears -got a rock stuck in old one and it tore them up -put new throttle gears in and went to run but car doesnt move does that mean i tore up cluth spring or something any suggestions let me know thanks

bluecaka69 03-15-2006 11:59 AM

RE: car wont move

well i got it going accidentally put one way bearing wrong way but wen out to drive on nice smooth road to test it out bam tore up gears again what causes this is it the engine gear or what someone please help thanks

Xeller8 03-15-2006 12:05 PM

You may not have had the mesh of the clutch gear to the drive gear set correctly...either too tight...too loose or not square.

ehroof 03-15-2006 02:41 PM

how does the it sound when you are driving, are the gears loud? I am thinking the reasone people are having soo many problems with the gears on the truck is because maybe the engine mounts are moving so the engine is not square??? Also you do need to check for small rocks and pebbles in the gears, this can cause havoc too. This might explain why i am not having problems with my gears, i run my car basically on a paved street, not off road so there's not too much bumping abround and small debris to mess the gears up.

just a thought

bluecaka69 03-15-2006 03:37 PM

they sounded normal for about 20 seconds and then it got really loud i shut her down and checked by that time it was to late gears were shredded- i didnt remove engine or even loosen screws for engine support so i thought it should still be squared- im ordering more gears and a gear set maybe gear shaft wasnt straight when i put it back into car oh well its all trial and error with nitro cars ETC.... hopefully i get it resolved cause my volcano doesnt ever compare to the tornado in terms of speed- im totally into speed and seeing how for they can fly LOL[>:]

ehroof 03-15-2006 05:56 PM

you should be able to look at the engine and gears and see if its aligned correctly. how are the clutch bell gears linning up with the gear?

bluecaka69 03-23-2006 02:28 PM

well the meshing of the gears appears to be good but the clutch bell sits back about 1/8 of an inch behind to rear of the throttle gearsis there a shim that you can put behind clutch bell to push it forward e to even out clutch bell with throttle gears

ehroof 03-23-2006 02:55 PM

not really, you could put a washer inside the bell behind the screw that mounts it to the engine shaft, just make sure it not too much that the clutch shoes show. I dont really know what to say about the gear stripping unless like we said before the mesh was not correct for the engine was not square or something was stuck in the gears and stripped them out.