RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   CAR STALLS (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4066725-car-stalls.html)

left_lane_69 03-22-2006 04:00 AM

CAR STALLS

Hi all... here's my problem: I own a 1:10 th scale tornado xl, when I start my buggy it starts up well but as soon as I take the glow ignitor off the glow plug it quits on me. I have cleaned all the fuel lines and taken the carbuerator off and cleaned them and blown them all out. Is this a glow plug problem or something deeper? Any thoughts on this will be much appreciated Thanx, Brian[&o]

chopper22980 03-22-2006 06:59 AM

RE: CAR STALLS

Hey Brian...Try leaving your ignitor on for about 20-30 seconds.Especially when you are first starting
it.It needs time to warm up.Myself I wil hold my truck in the air.Then I will pull on the throttle a few
quick times.While the ignitor is still on.That works for me.

left_lane_69 03-22-2006 07:08 AM

Well Chopper I tryed that also even revved it up for a little bit.... reassuring it was warm, when I first got it, it stayed running without a problem.Not really sure whats going on but I'm really discouraged here. Thanks for your input though! Anyone else?

wildspeed 03-22-2006 07:21 AM

Try to get a new plug, sound yours went bad

chopper22980 03-22-2006 07:33 AM

Like wildspeed said,it could be your plug.Have you been able to run it at all?For any certain length of time?This is what happened to me.When I would start mine I had to turn the throttle trim back some.So that way it was getting a little fuel.Come to find out,the clutch spring was broken,which caused mine to do that.

Not saying that is your problem,but when I replaced the spring I had no further problem.
There are some guy's on here who seem to know what they are talking about.So hopefully
one will answer you and it will help you out.Good luck......

left_lane_69 03-22-2006 02:13 PM

Yeah I can run the car if I keep my finger on the trigger and keep the rpm's up but when I slow the car down to turn or just try to stop it, it immediately stops. I'm pretty sure that the clutch is ok. Driveline is all good. i guess I'll just wait till I get the new glow plug and do it by elimination...... Thanks for you input. Brian

jeeperscreapers 03-22-2006 05:28 PM

do your wheels spin while its idle'n or do they stay still at idle?????

left_lane_69 03-22-2006 06:08 PM

The wheels stay still at idle...... everything is normal except for the stalling.

jeeperscreapers 03-22-2006 07:01 PM

could be to rich on the lsn

ehroof 03-22-2006 08:44 PM

set the idle higher so it will idle in neurtral, then fool with the low end setting if needed at idle.