RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   1/10 Buggy Compatible Parts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4068240-1-10-buggy-compatible-parts.html)

rowldog76 08-22-2007 11:30 PM

RE: 1/10 Buggy Compatible Parts

the hpi clutch bell you guys are talking about does it come with the bearings and washers

ehroof 08-23-2007 08:14 AM

for the single speed one, this comes with the bearings, not the washers: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail if you mean the 2 speed then no, it doesnt.

tyhodge07 08-29-2007 09:22 PM

I just took these off my stampede and they fit right onto the tornado with no problem. idk if they've been posted before, but if not than here they are ;)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLR99&P=7 (just a little wider, but not really a difference once put on)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDUZ6&P=M (might have the wrong link, but the ones that fit a rustler/pede)

StephenW 08-29-2007 11:28 PM

Nitro racer 1... this is kinda late but on ur car the only other thing i would recomend is a dif exaust header. Otherwise ur car is sweeeeeeeeet

Redharris 01-06-2008 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok…..
I managed to fit some T-Maxx Shocks on my Volcano SV. The only thing you have to modify is the Top shock mount. If you buy the T-Maxx Shocks from the LHS, the kit has all the spacers you need. You also need to buy 8 socket head cap screws 3mm X 18. Also from the LHS. The Pictures should be self explanatory. I posted pictures of the truck with stock shocks in back and T-Maxx shocks in front so you could see the difference in Bore and Spring size.
I went with these inexpensive T-Maxx shocks because I wanted this to be an Everyman sort of project. You can get these Shocks on E-Bay for less than $20 shipped if you find a Bargain. This Mod drastically improves the driveability, and thrashability of your truck.
I gotta give a shout out to nitro_racer_1 , who’s Buggy Pics inspired me. Also Nantucket, who’ s Volcano SV rocks!. He pm’d me some info as well.

ehroof 01-06-2008 10:30 PM

looks awesome bro, great job

Macanan 01-06-2008 11:05 PM

Is there a steal tranny gear out there for both the 2 speed and single speed Tornado's ?

rc_crazy21 01-06-2008 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Macanan

Is there a steal tranny gear out there for both the 2 speed and single speed Tornado's ?

Nothing as of yet from redcat!

arlo1 01-09-2008 07:19 PM

To take full advantage of it you can change the exhause port duration to a lower number (compared to the transfer port for your state of tune and combination) than it would in comparison to a naturaly asperated 2 stroke. For eg alot of intake charge will blow out the exhauste port and not be forced back in by the pipe like it is suposed to with a supercharger with the exhauste duration of 190deg and transfer pot duration of 145 deg but If you run 145 transfer with a exhause duration of 175 deg it will stop some of the fresh air fuel charge from blowing out the exhauste out. This is one major concideration you need to look at if you are trying to use a supercharger thew whole engine needs reworking to make it work in most cases. Not saying how well or if it is worth it. As well the exhauste presure pushes the fuel into the carb and if you try to up the presure in the carb with a supercharger it will not get enough gas to run properly. I personaly would just run a higher percentage of nitro which is alot like using nitrous and I would jet it right if that didnt satify me I would port or replace the engine with a better one. These engines dont rev to there potential to begin with so I would look into that first. just my 2 cents. I have a RC Car chassis dynamometer if anyone has a project to be proved if it works or not I would be more then willing to help them out!

arlo1 01-09-2008 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: trueman313

Quck question fella's, does anyone know if there are any other brands that the 47T throttle gear can be compatibel with the Tornado BB? I had the same problem as above that the gear was chewed up and rounded out. Looks exactly like the picture above. Any suggestions. Trying to buy from local hobby store then paying outrageous shipping costs and days waiting.
bump for answer

bjack29 01-09-2008 09:12 PM

i have ran about a gallon of fuel thru my bb and the clutchbell spring are holding up well

bjack29 01-09-2008 09:13 PM

i think the new clutch bell is great since they make them out of steel now

pede_187 01-18-2008 06:31 PM

Ok…..
I managed to fit some T-Maxx Shocks on my Volcano SV. The only thing you have to modify is the Top shock mount. If you buy the T-Maxx Shocks from the LHS, the kit has all the spacers you need. You also need to buy 8 socket head cap screws 3mm X 18. Also from the LHS. The Pictures should be self explanatory. I posted pictures of the truck with stock shocks in back and T-Maxx shocks in front so you could see the difference in Bore and Spring size.
I went with these inexpensive T-Maxx shocks because I wanted this to be an Everyman sort of project. You can get these Shocks on E-Bay for less than $20 shipped if you find a Bargain. This Mod drastically improves the driveability, and thrashability of your truck.
I gotta give a shout out to nitro_racer_1 , who’s Buggy Pics inspired me. Also Nantucket, who’ s Volcano SV rocks!. He pm’d me some info as well.
May I ask how exactly you modified the top shock mount?

ehroof 01-18-2008 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: arlo1

ORIGINAL: trueman313

Quck question fella's, does anyone know if there are any other brands that the 47T throttle gear can be compatibel with the Tornado BB? I had the same problem as above that the gear was chewed up and rounded out. Looks exactly like the picture above. Any suggestions. Trying to buy from local hobby store then paying outrageous shipping costs and days waiting.
bump for answer

NG brother, nothing fits

jim_dixon 01-22-2008 07:05 AM

I found some Tamiya tires that fit. SP-1240 (51240) for the front and SP-1241 (51241) for the rear. The description is "High Density Spike Tires K (4WD/Rear, 62/35)"
They come with foam inserts.
I'll let you know how they go after a few runs.

Redharris 01-23-2008 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

Ok…..
May I ask how exactly you modified the top shock mount?
Hey Pede....
I used the SPACERS that come with the Shock kit. And I just threaded the 3mm X 18mm Cap head screw into the top shock mount.
I will try to take a Better Picture when Its Daylight and post it for you.

dominicevans 03-20-2008 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: TORNADO BB

Will a crowd pleazer body work on our buggies.I have the body posts.
plz post a link to one of them

like2race 03-13-2009 11:57 PM

Hi I am looking for a compatable metal geared transmission single speed to replace a 2 speed transmission
any help apreciated
Cheers

joeyhatch11 03-14-2009 07:25 AM

I have yet to see any metal spur gears for these Rc's. I've heard that the two speed trannies are a pain and eat gears often. I have the single speed HyperSpeed by Exceed. Went through two main gears but they were my fault. As long as you have the right gear mesh you wont have any problems. The spur gear I have in there now has been in there for over a month and shows no sign of wearing.

tornadobbstart 03-16-2009 06:43 PM

Im looking for some monster truck tires or some truck tires that are bigger or wider than the stock tornado bb tires. Any one have any ideas? Thanks

joeyhatch11 03-16-2009 07:29 PM

You can get truggy tires but I dont know how bad that's going to affect you low end performance.

chevyderek72 03-16-2009 10:38 PM

Depending on how big you go, it will make your accel go way down

joeyhatch11 03-17-2009 05:44 AM

I love double posts. Fun fun same answers, two different threads.

driving_a_chevy 04-18-2009 11:57 PM

yes i got a tornado bb with the .18 and i was wondering whats the biggest motor i can put on this thing its my first nitro car

chevyderek72 04-19-2009 02:55 AM

If its your first i would learn to drive good first (not saying you cant drive but they take some getting used to if your new). With mods anything will fit. But you can drop in a sh 18 from redcat, and get the engine replacement program and get it for 45 bucks. Great improvement, great engine. And there is a os engine, i think the cr-vs or something like that which is even better, but a lot more expensive, and also the os tz, which ive heard is nuts. But you'll probably be blowin out your drivetrain by then.