RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   question about parts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4172597-question-about-parts.html)

mjwest19 04-16-2006 04:14 PM

question about parts

hey guys i had a crash today and done some major damage can any one tell me what the part number is the front differential gear box my book says the front is 06051 but no one list it and it is not in my book either is it the same as the rear one ? and also who has the fastest shipping and or best prices so far clermont motorsprts is the cheapest but how fast is shipping

chopper22980 04-16-2006 04:41 PM

RE: question about parts

Clermont is really fast shipping.Far as the other question I cant help you out,dont know what
rc you have.

mjwest19 04-16-2006 05:39 PM

sorry about that i have the tornado xp

ehroof 04-16-2006 06:00 PM

clermont has it as 2051, the front and back look the same. i would email them before you order it though. i would make sure it comes with the gears(if you need them)

here's the link: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/servlet/Detail?no=36

bluecaka69 04-16-2006 06:05 PM

they dont come with the gears as i found out i ordered 2 geasr boxes 2051 after my front one melted assuming they come with gears but know i had to clean and regrease old gears to put in new housing '
here is post on melting gear box http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4161760/tm.htm

ehroof 04-16-2006 06:38 PM

i guess you had a bad bearing, looks like it melted the plastic, these dont have sealed bearings so they do need to be greased once in a while. either your lhs has the lube in a container with a special point to get the bearings greased or i am sure tower hobbies has bearing grease. How much have you used your redcat?? How much fuel??

mjwest19 04-16-2006 08:41 PM

thank you guys i think that the box is a 2051 and i dont need gears just the housing i didnt get stopped in time and i hit my dads truck tire i busted the gear box bent the shockproof bar broke the steering arm and door type mount but it was a blast its way too fast for me

Fltlander 04-16-2006 11:10 PM

Nothin g against CLERMONT MOTORSPORTS but it took 6 1/2 days to get my aluminum shocks, front a arms, back a arms, and last but not least the top frame thingy that holds the gas tank..

fltlander

bluecaka69 04-16-2006 11:57 PM

ehroof well i was really wondering what might have caused that now i know thanks -anyways ive put about a gallon and a half through it use it almost everyday this hobby is to much fun not to. but how often should you lube the bearings??? where might i find some sealed bearings see im fairly new to hobby about 6 months and learning everyday.:)[sm=thumbup.gif]

taven 04-17-2006 12:00 AM

Buy some HPI MT2 door holders and steering arms , just change out some bearings, drill some holes in the new parts and you got it in aluminum. Working on lower front arms:):)

ehroof 04-17-2006 10:03 AM

i would grease the bearings every 1/2 to 3/4 gallon fuel, also depends on where your running, dirt, street etc. Its always good to break your rc down every once in a while, make sure things are greased, oiled, bolts and screws are tight. These are like real cars and need maintaince too.

ehroof 04-17-2006 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Fltlander

Nothin g against CLERMONT MOTORSPORTS but it took 6 1/2 days to get my aluminum shocks, front a arms, back a arms, and last but not least the top frame thingy that holds the gas tank..

fltlander
Wow, i am very suprised to hear it, i have ordered from him several time, anything that comes from him directly took about 3-5 day tops, if he didnt have it and it came from recat it took over a week.

bluecaka69 04-17-2006 10:25 AM

that is weird cause i ordered from him and got my order in 3 days hes in florida and im in montana pretty long ride and still got in 3 days but you never know with the mail they could have been held up due to almost anything

Fltlander 04-17-2006 11:27 AM

well i think he said he had to order parts from redcat then send them to me......duh me...lmao

Chubbysdad 04-17-2006 03:57 PM

Sorry the shipping took so long jeff, YOu ordered on sat and I sent out on tuesday. Normally I ship same or next day but tough when its on a weekend. I have been doing away with drop shipping also. I now try to have a min of 10 of each part. Next time I will have to overnight it lol..