RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4207842-redcat-vehicle-repair-tune-faq.html)

ehroof 01-20-2008 10:54 AM

RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

you should put the throttle trim at neutral (center) and put the servo arm so the throttle is 1mm open and brake is not on, then you will have some trim to work with. maybe your arm is in a bad position, reposition it.

S.R.G. 01-20-2008 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is centered on the controller which means nothing most of the time. I am looking at the servo arm - should it be

S.R.G. 01-20-2008 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more thing though - I just noticed that with the throttle trim at zero, and my carb settings, when I applied the break the carb would completely close.

Now I have screwed in the idle about half of the ay to expose about a 1 mm opening (pen head and a little bit more). Now when I have the throttle set to zero, and apply the break, it does not close the throttle. I have taken pictures of my idle setting. Maybe someone can tell me if it looks about right. It is exactly the width of a compressed air straw - sorry for the redneck measurements, but no ruler around here or a measuring tape - and just about everyone can relate to the diameter of a compressed air straw.

ehroof 01-20-2008 01:37 PM

by 1mm, i mean inside of the carb, inside the neck. i cant tell by those pictures.

bigredtitan 01-20-2008 02:42 PM

how far should the carb screw be out? my volcano idles almost wide open and spit out a little fuel. sorry i am new to this. any help appreciated

Macanan 01-20-2008 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go

S.R.G. 01-20-2008 03:07 PM

Yea, I know the 1 mm inside the carb - I was just hoping that the idle screws position is possibly how it should be - as in if all the engines are the same, and the throttle is zero'ed, then the idle screw's position should be the same. I cannot get a good picture if the carb, sorry, but it looks to be 1 mm. Another thing, when the break is applied, the carb should not move, but only the breaks be applied, correct? I am asking because with this new setting which I have not tested, the 1 mm opening stays the same when brakes are applied - but with previous settings, the carb was closed and the breaks were applied.

Thanks for your help.

ORIGINAL: ehroof

by 1mm, i mean inside of the carb, inside the neck. i cant tell by those pictures.

ehroof 01-20-2008 03:13 PM

the carb should NOT move when hitting the brake, sounds like you have it right now.

S.R.G. 01-20-2008 03:18 PM

Yea, I hope so. Before when hitting the break the carb would close and the car would die - so yea, had it all jacked up. The motor has not moved since factory default, so I have not checked the mesh. The gears look just as they did when I got it, so if the mesh was wrong, they should be worn on nicked, correct? I tried doing the mesh slightly - well getting a piece of paper in - with the muffler off, but stopped before I got something jacked up :). I may go out today and run it around, but still worried about the rear shaft housing being slivered off, but it was around the outside off the metal, so should not affect the car. Now all I have to wait for is the temperature to go to at least 45, the I will be set.

bigredtitan 01-20-2008 04:08 PM

thanks i will try that

haz 01-29-2008 09:21 PM

Yes i upgraded the manifold.

Redharris 02-02-2008 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folks. Question for everyone. I have a Volcano SV
I took apart My Rear Lower Arm and Axle Holder. I found Brass axle BUSHINGS instead of ball bearings. Below are some pictures. From the left; the entire assembly, the axle holder, and the brass bushings/bearings.
Does someone Make BALL BEARINGS to replace these brass bushings?
If so, can someone post a p/n or a link?

ehroof 02-03-2008 01:49 AM

get boca bearings bro: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...ngs/Categories

Redharris 02-03-2008 02:49 AM

Are these the ones that match?
I measure 10mm x 5mm x 4mm
And 15mm x 10mm x 4mm
The number system on the Bocas are reversed, but I think these are correct.
http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-5x10x4/Detail
http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...10x15x4/Detail

ehroof 02-03-2008 10:52 AM

i would ask dennis to just make sure but i think so.

speedracer3 02-05-2008 10:18 PM

I need help. Somebody help me please?

ehroof 02-05-2008 10:21 PM

i am helping you bro, answered your pm and your other thread, we will figure it out.

speedracer3 02-05-2008 10:46 PM

Send the pm again i did not get it. And thank you for your help

mrmechanic 02-06-2008 06:55 PM

i have a redcat racing tornado and i rebuilt the clutch and now it acts like its got no bearings. please reply if you know.

mrmechanic 02-06-2008 06:58 PM

i have a redcat racing tornado and i rebuilt the clutch and now it acts like its got no bearings. please reply if you know.

ehroof 02-06-2008 07:55 PM

did you put it back in the same order you took it apart, if you loosed the screw and it spins feely you have to check how its was put back, you said clutch, you have to make sure the spring is connected and hasnt come undone.

Shockdriver 02-06-2008 09:46 PM

:D:Dcan someone take a picture of a single speed transmission correctly put together i would appriciate it very much ;)

Redharris 02-07-2008 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Shockdriver

:D:Dcan someone take a picture of a single speed transmission correctly put together i would appriciate it very much ;)
Here you go!

Macanan 02-07-2008 12:42 AM

Thats the oddest single speed I have ever seen. Whats it out of ?

Redharris 02-07-2008 01:09 AM

Volcano SV. Whats odd about it?