RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4207842-redcat-vehicle-repair-tune-faq.html)

Redharris 02-07-2008 01:15 AM

RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

I need a Quality FLYWHEEL wrench. Anybody have a recomendation?

Macanan 02-07-2008 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Because my single speed is with only one gear. hence single speed.

Macanan 02-07-2008 01:25 AM

Is there multi geared single speed trannies ?

TNIGS 02-07-2008 01:42 AM

what would be the purpose of that. you could make a 2 speed have 2 of the same gear but you wouldent have a clutch bell for it that fit

kuppler 02-07-2008 02:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Volcano SV. Whats odd about it?
it looks funny cuz all the gears look meshed and all in one... maybe take a pic at a dif angle...
lol.. just giving u crap Rich.. lol...

ehroof 02-07-2008 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Macanan

the volcano use a gear reduction transmission

webbl19 02-07-2008 09:15 AM

What is the main difference between the 2 transmissions?

Besides all the extra gears.

ehroof 02-07-2008 12:58 PM

one has 2 spur gears and the other only has one.

the stock volcano uses gear reduction and has a slipper clutch.

Macanan 02-07-2008 01:45 PM

Which is a better tranny ?

ehroof 02-07-2008 02:01 PM

i like the single speed, direct drive trans.

Macanan 02-07-2008 02:07 PM

Got my fuel lines in from kuppler, they look good, everyone needs to get a set from him.

ehroof 02-07-2008 02:09 PM

there nice right, i like them alot.

kuppler 02-07-2008 03:16 PM

Got my fuel lines in from kuppler, they look good, everyone needs to get a set from him.
im glad you like them....
[link=http://www.geocities.com/the805hobbies/items.html]Click[/link] for fuel lines

Redharris 02-07-2008 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Yes THIS tranny (see pic) is single speed. It comes stock in ALL Volcanos. I like this tranny because it offers a LOWER gear Ratio than YOUR style of tranny (which comes out of a buggy? ). I like the low gear ratio because it works better with my big Tires (see pic). What I mean is that I get a better (Quicker) jump off the line and better launch comming out of a sharp (slow ) turn. This is good for the kind of Bashing I do.
I know they had lots of problems with these trannies stripping gears in the bad ol' days, but I have never had ANY problems with mine And I am VERY hard on it (ask Kuppler, Lol). I DO maintain it by Disassembly, cleaning and lubing bearings. And I watch my ClutchBell/Pinion mesh closely.

Ehroof,...now that youve got a Volcano SV I'll be interested to hear your comparison versus the single gear tranny you have in your STX. I think you'll find the SV to your liking. Let us Know!:D

TNIGS 02-07-2008 11:11 PM

just givin a bigg tip. dont tast the nitro. it hurts your lips realy bad[:@]. today i was trying to prime my tank and i gess something was pluged a i accedently breathed in. wow that nitro stings you lips. luckly i didint realy get much in my mouth or id be taking a trip to the hospital[&o]

webbl19 02-07-2008 11:14 PM

yeah it is nasty stuff, i have done that before also.

Redharris 02-07-2008 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: kuppler

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Volcano SV. Whats odd about it?
it looks funny cuz all the gears look meshed and all in one... maybe take a pic at a dif angle...
lol.. just giving u crap Rich.. lol...
LOL...Youre Right it IS kinda hard to see[:@] Here it is from another angle heh heh:D

Redharris 02-07-2008 11:26 PM

Try mixing with Cranberry juice! Cuts the Bite :D

DISCLAIMER: I AM JOKING LOL no drinking of the Nitro please....

webbl19 02-08-2008 02:28 AM

Dang i thought you were serious i guess i better go to the ER...:)

ranger4x4 02-08-2008 12:01 PM

[sm=lol.gif]

quadzilla122 02-08-2008 04:59 PM

Im having this problem on my tornado bb that my pinion gear is touching the 2 spur gears, they move freely but the wheels dont turn, All my grub screws are in place and i was just wondering if there is hole in the middle of both spur gear with the driveshaft going in that hole could the spur gear hole have got rounded and its not touching the drive shaft?

When i move my drivesshafts manually the wheels spin so its not in my differential.

One more question how many teeth does the first gear and second spur gear have?

ehroof 02-08-2008 05:06 PM

first is 47, second is 42, if your car is stuck in 2nd gear, the one way may be slipping in the gear.

quadzilla122 02-08-2008 05:11 PM

So i should buy a one way bearing? This one right: http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...p?partno=06267

ehroof 02-08-2008 05:26 PM

thats it but make sure first, also order a couple of extra spur gears while your at it, to make it worth the shipping cost.

TNIGS 02-08-2008 06:34 PM

make sure you gus check the servo horn screw once in a while. today mine came off on the thotle and my car was stuck wide open. it fliped over and was overreving for at lease 5 seconds. i thought it was goin to blow[:@]