RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4207842-redcat-vehicle-repair-tune-faq.html)

rcphanatik 05-18-2008 11:54 AM

RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

The stock on the tornado bb is aluminium though... is there another version of the al. shocks?

iceman96 05-21-2008 10:50 AM

WILL ANY PARTS INTERCHANGE ON THE ONROAD CARS WITH A TC3 OR TC4.I WOULD LOVE TO BUY 4-5 OF THESE CARS BUT I DON'T WANT TO RACE AND BREAK SOMETHING AND HAVE TO ORDER IT AND CAN'T FINISH RACING THAT DAY

rcphanatik 05-21-2008 01:51 PM

hey, i just got another problem. this is the first day i ran the tornado bb through the dirt, and something is binding up. it isn't the center drivetrain, it is single wheels locking up on their own. anybody have any ideas? i think dirt may have gotten into the gearbox-but as i said before, i don't really want to take that apart.

peewee146 05-22-2008 09:54 PM

how to you get more take off on a redcat truggy 1/10 scale

bash_N_corn 05-22-2008 10:41 PM

peewee, is it running poorly or are you just looking for upgrades???

peewee146 05-22-2008 10:46 PM

running poor on bottom end good on top end

chevyderek72 05-23-2008 11:23 AM

set your lsn to flush with the collar and then lean it out from there

greasemonkeyfred 05-30-2008 08:00 AM

i have a volcano sv ,should my lsn always be flush with collar or is that just to start with before fine tuning?

chevyderek72 05-30-2008 01:58 PM

thats just a starting point. here is this to help also http://www.*********.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm

greasemonkeyfred 05-30-2008 04:36 PM

thanks for the info

chevyderek72 05-30-2008 11:31 PM

np

jorge2011 06-12-2008 05:11 PM

i need i wan to put some upgrdes on it but i dont know what

Swamp3r 06-12-2008 05:25 PM

What truck do you have?

jorge2011 06-12-2008 06:19 PM

i got a redcat volcano sv

Swamp3r 06-12-2008 07:03 PM

Look at the top of this page there is a complete kit or get it from redcat http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/newsandreviews.htm

jorge2011 06-12-2008 07:15 PM

thanks now i know

rc-psycho 07-07-2008 09:42 AM

does any body know how many turns from close on the gears set screw .to make my tornad S-30 change gears .every time she is about to change i run out of area.and whats better for off road leave it the ways it is or set the gears to change

tuffguy31 10-16-2008 09:14 AM

My volcano seems to be stuck in neutral??? I start it and the engine just revs when I pull the trigger??? It revs but goes nowhere??? what could it be?????

chevyderek72 10-16-2008 12:56 PM

First is your spur gear stripped? the gear your clutch bell meshes with, is that intact. if so then you have a grub screw loose on the tranny or diffs. the little grub screws come loose that hold the drive cup on. and the drive cup holds the dog bone. take the tranny out and make sure the grub screws are all tightened on the flat part of the shaft. you get what im saying?

tuffguy31 10-16-2008 01:29 PM

I will check the grub screws, The spur gear is fine. Thanks and I will let you know what I find!!! Thanks again

HardcoreNinja69 01-10-2009 10:47 AM

I just picked up a Redcat Racing Landslide. I am having some issues with the truck. This is my first nitro car so I don't know all the particulars yet. The carb setting were all so far off I couldn't get the engine to fire at all. After some internet searching I found the online manual for my SH18 engine. I made the adjustments and it started up and idled for about 10-15 mins during break in. I think I had it a little rich. Anyway the big issue is that there was definite fuel seepage around the grow plug in the head of the engine. The glow plug was screwed down all the way w/ washer. I don't think that should happen with a new engine. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Do I need to replace the head? Also my Landslide came out of the box with a pretty serious toed out stance in the front. Is this factory spec?

alowco 01-21-2009 09:18 PM

Would someone be able to refer me to a web site that sells turbo chargers for my new Nitro 4-Tec 3.3? Also, are they bad for you’re your motor?

Thanks,

Alowco

chevyderek72 01-22-2009 01:01 AM

Turbo and superchargers dont work on 2 strokes. Basically all its doing is forcing air into the cylinder, which means you can add more fuel, and the more air and fuel you put through a motor the more power. But on a 2 stroke the intake and exhaust are open at the same time, so when you shoot more air/fuel into the cylinder, it just blows out the exhaust, resulting is the same amount of air/fuel as without a turbo/supercharger. So i would suggest not getting one, but rather getting a bigger motor. Or if you really wanted a turbo, get a four stroke motor and put one on. But it would be best to just get a bigger better motor for more power.

mgc2157 01-24-2009 02:29 PM

Hey guys...my son is very new to hobby. He unpacked his Volcano truck the other night, and promptly started tweaking things. End result is that both wheels on right side no longer turn freely (and we've yet to even fire it up). We tried adjusting motor mount but that did not fix problem. Any ideas?

perhamrocks 01-24-2009 06:05 PM

more than likely he just overtigtend the wheels try taking the wheels of then putting them back one, the tire nuts should just be snug against the wheels, don't tighten them as much as you possibly can

edit: make sure you have a good mesh between the clutchbell(gear on end of motor) and the spur gear( gear on trans connected to clutchbell) check out the redcat site for break in and tuning procedures