RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   WOW!!!!!Step Son blew my crank shaft!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4283594-wow-step-son-blew-my-crank-shaft.html)

Dirty_J 05-16-2006 07:41 AM

WOW!!!!!Step Son blew my crank shaft!!!!

It was fun though!!!! Truck was running great too. He had his Stampede and wound up losing the rear wheel nut...couldn't find it. My buddy had his Monster GT out there and wound up locking his crank case up...wound up being a retainer pin that had slipped out. The Volcano was the only one left standing. Felt bad for my step son so I crank up the Volcano and let him go to town with it. About 2 minutes into some very stressful freestyling we all heard a "TINK!!!!" and then silence. Also noticed that a fuel line had popped off and thought the problem was solved.......until we noticed all the back and forth play of the fly wheel. After Mike tore the engine down that's when he noticed the end of the crankshaft broken off. Well, either I'm gonna get another crank shaft or just replace the whole engine. I'll probably get a better engine for it but who knows??? I'm all open for some advice here!!!!!

stewtheman 05-18-2006 12:11 AM

RE: WOW!!!!!Step Son blew my crank shaft!!!!

I just broke my crankshaft a week ago. Major bummer! I called Redcat and their solution was to buy a new engine because they don't have parts for it. I was looking on eBay for a better engine until Popper252 saved the day. He has an engine with a broken piston and is sending me the crankshaft from it. Sweet! Unless you can get a deal like that, I like the better engine idea.

Dirty_J 05-18-2006 07:29 AM

Hey man.....that's cool of Popper to do that for you. My friend says I should be able to replace the crankshaft but I've had a hard time finding one so I'm probably just gonna get another engine for it. I'll probably just go with another Taiwan .18 engine because it seemed like it was pretty good once it was all tuned in........and I haven't heard of too many crankshafts being broken on it either. Other than you and I of course.

BUT IF ANYONE CAN SUGGEST ANOTHER ENGINE THAT WOULD FIT THE VOLCANO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....I'M INTERESTED IN THE POSSIBILITY OF AN UPGRADE IN THE ENGINE DEPARTMENT!!!

shlo25 05-18-2006 07:54 AM

you can buy parts for the engine ive posted a web site that ive found that carry parts for them on the truck forum just theother day look it up

Dirty_J 05-18-2006 08:01 AM

I just found and bought a Hot Bodies crankshaft on Ebay. Says it's for .18 engine....had a list of compatable models but Redcat wasn't listed. But I took a chance anyway.

AJsToyz 05-18-2006 10:10 AM

If mine goes , I might go cheap and see if a K&B .18 will fit this thing. You can find them on Ebay for 30.00 - 40.00 bucks , and you can get parts for them.

shamelessbill 05-19-2006 07:04 AM

Hmm, the title of this thread's a little creepy....:D

blackdogafd 05-19-2006 09:30 AM

lol!! thats kinda funny!!!

ORIGINAL: shamelessbill

Hmm, the title of this thread's a little creepy....:D