RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   HELP Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5238720-help-please.html)

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 07:30 PM

HELP Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just recieved a Tornado BB and i thought it would be more simple than it really is[&o]. I have a problem. Whenever i start the car the wheels spin very fast and the engine will rev up by itself. The car also acts like it wants to take off without me. When in neutral the car doesn't stop it just keeps driving at high speeds.Any suggestions?? I'm a begginer so please help, thanks Tanner

ehroof 01-09-2007 07:34 PM

RE: HELP Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure the throttle trim is in the center position, if it is then take off the air cleaner and look blow the opening of the carb and you will see a screw with a spring on it, turn this counterclockwise to lower the idle. this should do the trick, the opening should be about 1mm.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE AIR CLEANER BACK ON BEFORE YOU START IT AGAIN.

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 08:15 PM

i tried your suggestion but i can't get the engine to start. The exhaust has gas coming out when i pull the starter. I asked my dad and he said it is probably to rich. Do you know how to make it stop coming out and how to get it to start, by the way the glow plug has been charged

ehroof 01-09-2007 08:21 PM

take the glow plug out, put it in the ignitor and make sure it light up bright, i didnt mean the glow plug ignitor was not good i mean the glow plug itself, they go bad alot during break in. Turn the high speed needle 1/4 turn clocwise and see if that helps. also check out the engine troubleshooting thread above this one

nitrospeed33 01-09-2007 08:23 PM

cant charge a glow plug, lol but maybe you mean the ignitor. i dont know what could cause this. i think you just need to set the throttle trim perfect. the throttle is obviously open too much in nuetral, and during break in the engine shoudl be rich, and a little fuel will come out of the exhaust, dont worry about that. hope you get it workin.:D

bluecaka69 01-09-2007 08:23 PM

WHat ABout Clutch Spring
first post will explain everything to check it right here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm

ehroof 01-09-2007 08:26 PM

i was thinking that but he said the engine was revving.

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:18 PM

yeah it kinda revs by itself whenever i am just holding it in the air, and it just keeps running whithout evening idling. I don't even touch the remote and it does it by itself

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:22 PM

My car does not have the LSN or HSN so i cant mess with those screws because it is the 4wd 2spd. tornado bb. I just can't wait until i get it working so then i can go have a blast. When I first got it going last night, the car just took off and ramped off a curve on the side of the street, the aluminum bottom scraped the ground sparks flew everywhere and it landed in bushes. I thought it was awesome, and it didn't even scratched up or anything except for the bottom a little bit.

Chubbysdad 01-09-2007 09:25 PM

of course it has the lsn and the hsn. That is how you tune your car. Has nothing to do with 4wd. Look through the posts. It will show pics and how to tune.

ehroof 01-09-2007 09:25 PM

your engine has to have a high and low needle. every nitro has at least on needle.

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:27 PM

ok, thanks for telling me that because since i'm kinda new to this i just looked at the engine and didn't see the screws, and in the manual it didn't say anything about them.

Chubbysdad 01-09-2007 09:29 PM

remember only a little turn at a time and then run it. It will take a few to take full effect. Patience is the key..

zack221 01-09-2007 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a pic of the needles

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:36 PM

i keep going outside and trying it over again, the engine just seems like it doesn't want to start now. I had it running earlier today after school, but i didn't drive it, i just was trying to fix the problem but now it wont start at all, and by the way how long should the glow plug or whatever charge?

Chubbysdad 01-09-2007 09:38 PM

THe intial time let it charge overnight.
You might have too much fuel in the motor now. Take out the glow plug, and pull start a few times to get the extra fuel out of the motor. Then put it back in. Try to see if the glow plug is glowing orange, before putting back in. Then you will know if your ignitor is charged.

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:39 PM

yeah my engine has those screws, thinks for showing me the pic it helped alot. Should i turn down the low speed and see if that makes it stop taking off when i first start it.

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:40 PM

and do u have to use the ignitor every single time to start it, i have been.

zack221 01-09-2007 09:41 PM

here you go

lsn-ccw richens and cw leans
hsn-cw leans and ccw richens
idle-cw opens and ccw closes

Set air gap of throttle 1.5 mm,(idle screw), HSN Cw til it bottoms out then 3 1/2 turn CCW. LSN Flush with the throttle housing + 1 turn cw. Try to start, will be runnin really rich, if it starts. Turn down idle speed, then adjust HSN cw til you have good acceleration to idle. if your idle speed rises, turn it down. May have to do a couple times. Last adjustment LSN, turn cw slowly til idle speed starts to rise. when it rises you're running lean, turn it CCW till idle speed just drops. Blip the throttle you should be acceleration ok with some smoke coming from the muffler.Lean the HSN 1/8 turn CW till your satisfied.

Chubbysdad 01-09-2007 09:42 PM

No. That is not what the lsn is for. Take off your air filter and check your carb opening. It should be like 1 mm. You can close it a bit.

ehroof 01-09-2007 09:42 PM

did you do what i told you in my first post to your quesiton? and yes you have to use the ignitor everytime you start it.

zack221 01-09-2007 09:42 PM

yea you have to use the ignitor ever time or it wont start

Chubbysdad 01-09-2007 09:42 PM

Yes you have to use it. If you dont, the plug wont glow and the car wont fire.

TannerReagan 01-09-2007 09:45 PM

yes, the throttle trim on my controller has a factory setting place on it and that is what i have had it on whenever i messed with it, it made it just go faster and stuff so i set it back

ehroof 01-09-2007 09:46 PM

did you turn the idle screw counter clocwise after you put the throttle trim to the center?