RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

ehroof 03-14-2008 04:15 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

yes bro :)

Lordmik 03-14-2008 04:21 PM

Thanks much.:D I finally printed off a new manual and made it bigger so I can see it. I shouldn't be bothing anyone with part # questions again for a while. LOL Waiting for an email back from a few dealers and I got the wife's ok to order so I should be up and running in no time. Your help is much appreciated.

Michael

ehroof 03-14-2008 04:23 PM

You welcome Mike, good luck

Hibityhupla! 03-14-2008 09:32 PM

Another silly question---
If I don't fire my secondary rockets until I hit top speed should I let go of the gas? Will it harm the engine if the clutch is engaged(too many rpms)? Just thought I better check before I FUBAR the new engine..lol

rclynx 03-15-2008 09:33 AM

you better stay on the gas and hope the thrust doesn't help scatter the engine..................you let off the gass it will slow it down a lot and chances are the rockets couldn't drag it far :(

ehroof 03-15-2008 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Hibityhupla!

Another silly question---
If I don't fire my secondary rockets until I hit top speed should I let go of the gas? Will it harm the engine if the clutch is engaged(too many rpms)? Just thought I better check before I FUBAR the new engine..lol

bro, just wrap a rubber band around the throttle trigger and make a video!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibityhupla! 03-17-2008 08:04 PM

CRAP! Made another mistake.... Ordered the mtx4 complete clutch kit based on my thought that these had .8m gearing...WRONG! They have 1m gearing. lol My other hope was that the r40 and rs4 gears would fit.. Wrong again! Way different size threads...I'm hoping now that maybe the r40 bell will work on that clutch...If so I will have put about $100 into 1 extra tooth.. One is better then none I guess..Someone could make a fortune out of me if they would just make a bigger gear with that 12mm threaded center..lol Anyone own a mugen mtx4 and r40? Do you think I can just swap the bells?

Got the first rocket test done. It will fire them from the remote no problem. I'm second guessing my pipe idea to hold them though.. When we tested the switches we just stuck a pipe in the ground(so it would fly away). The pipe will hold it just fine but at the end of the rockets they have a small blast for a parachute. Being stuck inside a pipe that little blast makes the engine a projectile..lol I'm not so sure I want rockets flying at me from the rear of the car.. It will be funny though.. Still haven't got a chance to even break it in yet. Every time I think I'll have a good day to do it, it snows.. It really sucks living up by Canada. It's cold and windy all the time...Hopefully it will start warming up soon.

p3t3v3x53 03-17-2008 08:54 PM

i put the one speed trans in my tornado bb and i got the 13 tooth clutch bell and it is crazy off the line obviusly but i want a little more speed but still keep a pretty good acceleration. would a 15 tooth be good? will i even see any difference? also y is the spur gear locked to the shaft, it should have a one way bearing or it would be cool with a slipper clutch and everything

Hibityhupla! 03-17-2008 10:00 PM

It's hard to judge the speed by eye unless you have it running next to a stock one. I went and got a radar gun so I could see the actual difference. Depending on engine and gearing it seems to be around 1-2mph per tooth. If you go too far the engine will lag out down low and burn up clutches like crazy. That could be cured with a better clutch and stronger engine. I haven't found a ceramic one yet though... I bet that would outlast the plastic and aluminum and wouldn't melt to the bell...

numskull223 03-18-2008 11:23 AM

I was actually looking into getting a 1 speed trany for mine. My volcano smokes my tornado off the line up thur spped till it gears out. Its crazy, So is the 1 speed worth the change?

ehroof 03-18-2008 11:25 AM

i think it is, just m.o.

p3t3v3x53 03-18-2008 05:42 PM

ok thank il just leave it the way it is. im gonna be racing at dirt runners and barnstormers and they are both pretty tight so it should be good

smokeout42o 03-19-2008 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: smokeout42o

ORIGINAL: ehroof

here you go bro,

rustler rear rims: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXJJ86&P=

pro line hole shot tires: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFHL9&P=0
ehroof .....so are these a direct fit for the tornado bb??? and also i have a tornado bb...what all do i need to get to make it a single speed??
hey guys....just thought id share.....i took ehroofs advice and got these tires and rims for my tornado bb......they are a direct fit...and i must say the look great...make the tornado a little more stabble.....i also went to the 1 speed trans and im real happy with the results....so props to you ehroof thanks alot!!:D.....heres some pics!!

ehroof 03-19-2008 10:44 AM

excellent bro, i am glad your happy with it and that i could help you out.

gokartingbob455 03-19-2008 04:50 PM

THE KING STRIKES AGAIN!!!! :D

hmmmm.....now all ehroof needs is a theme song.........how about to the tune of batman - dunnna dunnaaananaaaanaa...na! eeeehrrrroooff!!! EhRoOf!!!!!

now im gonna say "holy sh** ehroof!!!" instead of "holy sh** batman!!"

haha just playing around with ya ehroof

ehroof 03-19-2008 05:50 PM

lol, good one bro, to the EH mobile BOB

Hibityhupla! 03-19-2008 07:20 PM

Hey Ehroof, If I was to sell my R40 what should I charge? I know there's no way I'll get back what I put in..($2500).. I kinda want to sell it to get a schumacher fusion28. Rather then build one up to pull over 70mph I could buy that and shoot for 100mph...The only things you haven't seen in pics yet was the starter box(himoto, purple) and the controller that has a purple alloy steering wheel. Any ideas? I've bought tons of stuff on ebay but never sold anything. Where would you recommend selling it? Or do you want it? lol Car is still "cherry". Never been run. To afraid I'll ruin it and it's worth too much. Any thoughts on price?

ehroof 03-19-2008 07:28 PM

shoot for $1500, put on ebay and start at $1 and put a reserve on it. i would love to pick that bad boy up but then i would have a $2500 paper weight to add to the collection, Just fooling bro, its a nice car. Keep it, i hate to get rid of rc's. i wish i still had my hornet and stuff from the day.

Hibityhupla! 03-19-2008 07:45 PM

I should keep it but I'm a little upset about it. As soon as I was done building it half the parts I have on it and the R40 itself were discontinued. So if I break something I'm screwed. That's the only reason I wanted to sell it. I have only found one place selling that schumacher fusion28. 80mph out of the box sounds sweet! Here's a question---How can Cen say the ct5 is the fastest rtr in the world when the schumacher is out there? Isn't that false advertising? I'm starting to notice a lot of companies do it though. My Smartech was advertised at 60mph and with the trx3.3, new bell and smaller tranny I'm still only hitting 55mph. Can I trust anything these companies are saying? Will the fusion28 even hit 80mph or is it just a good story? Is there any companies that are dead-on with the top speeds? Some of these cars the only way I could hit the speeds advertised is to throw it off a building...lol

ehroof 03-19-2008 08:05 PM

bro, i dont think one of them is honest, i dont think one can do the claimed speeds out of the box.

Hibityhupla! 03-19-2008 08:47 PM

Damn! I guess I'll just stick with what I have until they have something better then..Is there anything that will hit an "honest" 80mph? I want to go really, really, really fast..lol I sound like Ricky Bobby...lol

ehroof 03-19-2008 08:58 PM

lol, out of the box, the xr-80 from power racing, i have one

dominicevans 03-19-2008 10:00 PM

wow guys almost 100 pages on the tornadoes
them seem to be the most popular redcats

zeen420 03-19-2008 10:57 PM

They are, look at the poll, BB FTW!

zeen420 03-19-2008 10:59 PM

I will also be getting mine going this weekend hopefully!! Tax return oh ya!!! :D:D