RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

Gelo_USA 10-14-2008 08:42 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

hey guys... I dissapeared for a while but still running my redcats.. too much workk...
my tornado is running perfect still.... nothing ever broke besides the drive shaft... I really beat the $#!T out of it ...but the last weeked I broke 3 drive shafts one after the other and it never happened before.... I m talking about the one tht connects the 2spd trans with the REAR diff..... anyone has any idea of what might be happening or anyone knws where to buy a better shaft

??

thanks....

Chubbysdad 10-15-2008 07:57 AM

check your drive cups. They might be worn causing alotof play in the dog bones.

Gelo_USA 10-15-2008 05:28 PM

I already replaced both... and the rubber shims are there... is there any thicker ones?? other brands... I dnt knw anything... it sucks to have to replace it every 5 or 6 tanks...

el_tonto 10-15-2008 07:10 PM

The cups from the HPI MT2 also use 5mm shafts same as Redcat, so you can fit those and use the thicker MT2 dogbones too. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?memid=376812]Eminentguitar[/link] has done it, so send him a PM for details.

el_tonto 10-15-2008 07:12 PM

The cups from the HPI MT2 also use 5mm shafts same as Redcat, so you can fit those and use the thicker MT2 dogbones too. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?memid=376812]Eminentguitar[/link] has done it, so send him a PM for details.

TORNADO BB 10-17-2008 09:22 PM

does anyone know where i could get a servo reciever radio set for around 50$

chevyderek72 10-18-2008 12:58 AM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXASX3**&P=ML

this is an upgrade from the stock one and it comes with everything you need in electronics

ssrc30 10-21-2008 06:12 PM

I just got my Tornado S-30 today and I am EXTREMELY impressed by the quality of the product:D

My only thing is that when I opened the package and did a preliminary inspection of the contents, I noticed that the transmitter was rattling alot. As soon as I opened the battery box at the base of the transmitter, a small piece of plastic fell out, and the unit still rattles[sm=confused_smile.gif] Other than that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the car or anything else that came with it.

Steve

amf66 10-25-2008 02:40 PM

My friends Tornado BB hasn't been run for about 6 months and when we tried to start it today it wouldn't start. It wasn't getting fuel so we replaced the fuel lines but it still won't get fuel. Also, when we turn it upside down fuel comes out of the fuel tank at the lid. What do you guys think is wrong?

jimmiejump 10-25-2008 04:09 PM

Gas cap seal is not seating.

amf66 10-25-2008 04:11 PM

That's what I thought, will I have to buy a new tank or is there a way to repair this?

jimmiejump 10-25-2008 04:16 PM

You should be able to replace the o-ring, check & see if it's broken or miss seated. You can remove it & reinstall with a little grease that might help.

FULLYGROWNKID 10-31-2008 08:05 PM

Can anybody tell me a good way 2 waterproof my tornado?.....any ideas and pics would be great?...one person in another thread told me 2 put the whole thing in a ziplock...but of course that made no sense 2 me at all!!!

el_tonto 11-02-2008 05:12 PM

Just how waterproof do you want it? you can easily achieve splashproof / snowproof but running underwater isn't really achievable.

You can remove the servo and put a balloon around them. It's a little bit of work but it's not hard once you get the hang of it. FIRSTLY smooth off all the sharp edges of the servo mounts so they don't tear the balloon. THe cable should come out the balloon neck, and then ziptie it real good. Pierce the balloon with a pin through where the servo shaft is and push the balloon down around it. Slop a tiny bit of grease there and put the servo horn back on. Putting an o-ring there (if it fits) or a teflon washer is probably a good idea just so the horn doesn't rub against the balloon and tear it. If you split the balloon when you remount the servo, then just slop some superglue on there.

Do the same with the receiver and batteries. Seal the bottom of the housing where the cables leave. The box housing the battery and receiver is pretty splashproof as it is, so you don't need to go all-out with waterproofing here.

Nitro will eat at balloons after a few weeks, so you'll need to refresh the balloons occasionally so keep an eye on their condition.

Put some tape across underneath where the transmission gears are exposed, just to keep too much splash from coming up under there.

FULLYGROWNKID 11-02-2008 06:22 PM

yea i just wanted a lil insurance for when the snow hits the ground...thanks for all the details....i'm gonna get started on it 2nite!!!

bakerracing 11-05-2008 05:14 PM

Any one have a suggestion on how to adjust the breaks can not get it right on my tornado

Hibityhupla! 11-06-2008 06:08 AM

you can use plastic dip or rubber spray to waterproof servos too. just be sure to tape off the part that moves..lol balloons do work great for the receiver and batteries. never seen one on a servo..

gokartingbob455 11-06-2008 04:58 PM

hey guys, i just fixed my car after 3 months of being lazy...ok i put on a new 2 speed transmission on my bb and now the front wheels wont brake, and the car does almost nothing but spin tires and gets no power to the ground....help me plzzzz. life without rc cars for 3 months is tough crap.

chevyderek72 11-06-2008 05:15 PM

you probably have a loose grub screw. pull the 2 speed back out and make sure they are tight with blue lock tite. and make sure the ones coming off the diffs are tight too

mileslong 11-08-2008 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well It's done, The 3.3 dropped in with no problems the jato shocks made a huge improvment I even went with an 18t cb witch didn't hurt the bottom end much at all. Thanks for the help with the exhaust manifold Hibityhupla. Now my son thinks he can keep up w/ my jato

Hibityhupla! 11-08-2008 07:21 PM

he might till you shift..lol looks good!

ALL RIDER 11-09-2008 05:35 PM

the motor dropped right in, i have 2.5R brand new laying around and was thinking about dropping it in my tornado bb, would it be a direct fit. I was looking and it did not seem like would lign up with the trans. did you have to do any mods, and did you use the stock 3.3 clutch with a diffent clutch bell. any help would be appreciated.

ALL RIDER 11-09-2008 05:37 PM

by the way I have a tornado bb.

Hibityhupla! 11-09-2008 07:21 PM

the redcat clutch and bell fit the 3.3 flywheel fine. when i used the 2 speed i think i had to use a dremel on the chassis where it mounted(the bell was too close and 2nd gear on the bell rubbed first gear on the tranny). I think i only grinded away 1/8". Make sure you have a screw to hold the engine to the chassis with a big head on it if you grind away some of it so the engine wont move around.

anyways guys i sold or ruined all my redcat/himoto cars. I'll probably be off this page for a while...If you need something let me know...I might get another tornado when then finally release the metal tranny...:)

Have fun and good luck guys!

ALL RIDER 11-09-2008 08:50 PM

cool sounds good I will give a try.