RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

chevyderek72 10-28-2009 11:43 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Your postal code, is that like the us's zip code? Do i just call or go to the post office and ask how much it would cost to send something to canada, postal code K1R 5N3?

robster94gt 10-29-2009 06:59 PM

Hi,
I sent you a pm with my address, it should be enough info to get a quote,
Thanks again

Mickstix 11-13-2009 12:07 AM

Just a "bump" to keep this thread on the 1st page..

NOTE:Sorry, I keep forgetting about the "Support" threads that are sticky'd.. DOH!!

chevyderek72 11-13-2009 02:54 AM

[sm=lol.gif]

tylerjackson 02-14-2010 04:41 PM

Ok its been awhile since anybody has posted here so i suppose i will go ahead and do it. My first model grade RC was a redcat racing shockwave that was severaly abused even before i got ahold of it. Since any of my previous RC's were simply wal-mart quality i was amazed by the tunablity, speed, durabilty even though these were like the very first ones out of redcat. Now that ALOT of problems have been fixed and updated i think i might go ahead and pick up a tornado s30 for my local track since its a kind of small and would fit nicely. I have had experiance with the sh. 18 and do know for my track it will provide enough power but i am wondering however if maybe something like a traxxas pro .15 will be a slightly better choice after the sh starts going down hill. I have had a pro .15 in a t-maxx and it moved it quite well so i believe that all should go right (the 3.3 would put to much stress on the drivetrain and i just dont want to bother with it in a redcat). What do you guys think? I have found a tornado s30 for $150 a pop at xenonproject.com.

neyou86 02-14-2010 06:11 PM

ive heard the pro 15 have poor tuning on them. its hard for them to hold it.

tylerjackson 02-14-2010 06:21 PM

I have also heard that but never experianced it. Mine did just fine when i broke it in correctly ran it right and tuned it properly.

Mickstix 02-15-2010 01:37 AM

I dont know much about the motors, but if you get the Tornado S30 to "race", pickup a single speed tranny/clutchbell when you get the car. The 2 speeds are still not the best quality, and unless you have a monster straightaway, you wont get the benefits out of the 2 speed.. (Just my opinion.. I've also got a S30) :)

brovik 03-13-2010 05:23 PM

Hello all!Can i use 11.1v 5000mAh 12CLiPo acc with "Tornado EPX PRO 1/10 Scale Brushless Buggy"? Thanks!

faroutdude 04-12-2010 02:00 AM

I have a tornado s30 and it shifts way late is it tuning or tranny adjustment???

neyou86 04-12-2010 06:48 AM

tranny adjustment. if i remember right loosen the screw.not too much though or it will fall out. for tuning make sure blue smoke is coming out of the exhaust.

faroutdude 04-12-2010 09:06 AM

right on thanks also my steering servo makes noise and seems weak is it just a cheap servo or what???
Tornado s30

neyou86 04-12-2010 04:19 PM

could be. it should always make a noise. you should hear the electric motor.

Mickstix 04-12-2010 09:56 PM

Yea, there not the best quality to begin with, but even good ones will "whine" sometimes.. Make sure you always have fresh batteries in the reciever box. (a 6v rechargeable hump pack is better than the (4) AA's)

afkellner 04-15-2010 02:41 PM

Can you please post a link to a battery hump pack that would be compatible, and how hard is it to wire it?Thanks.

Mickstix 04-15-2010 09:53 PM

Sure, here's the one I run in both my Tornado S30 and Monsoon XTR! 6v Hump pack reciever batt There's no wiring to do, the hump pack has the same plug on it as the "AA" battery holder has, so ya just remove the AA holder and plug in the hump pack!! URCHobby also sells the "adapter" so you can charge the hump pack off a standard charger..

PS:The battery says out of stock, so call or email Kurt..He might have one in stock and just not be showing it on the website! Kurt:516-499-7419 [email protected]

afkellner 04-16-2010 09:45 AM

Thank you very much for that info, but I have no chargers around, what do you consider a "Standard"charger?

Mickstix 04-16-2010 09:52 PM

Any of em' really.. Even the most basic chargers should have a "Tamiya" style plug, (or come with an adapter)and theadapterI linked to abovelets ya use it (or any charger) with the Humppack battery (cause the hump pack has a BECstyle connector).. If you get the battery from Kurt, ask him what he recommends to charge the battery..He has a wall charger on his site for like 5$ that I think should work fine, if all ya need to charge is the hump pack? But ask him about it, he'll steer ya in the right direction!;)

afkellner 04-21-2010 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Mickstix

Any of em' really.. Even the most basic chargers should have a "Tamiya" style plug, (or come with an adapter)and theadapterI linked to abovelets ya use it (or any charger) with the Humppack battery (cause the hump pack has a BECstyle connector).. If you get the battery from Kurt, ask him what he recommends to charge the battery..He has a wall charger on his site for like 5$ that I think should work fine, if all ya need to charge is the hump pack? But ask him about it, he'll steer ya in the right direction!;)
Thank you, just ordered everything from Kurt.

Another question, Ikeep reading about the "o ring"or the 2mm fuel line fix to keep the dogbones falling out, but I really don't see where to put the o-ring or fuel line, I've searched all over for a picture of this fix but couldn't find it, does anyone know of a pic?

Thanks!

neyou86 04-21-2010 04:17 PM

what you do is take out your dogbone and then put the o ring or fuel tubing piece into the two cups then reinstall the dogbone

afkellner 05-03-2010 09:51 AM

HELP!!

My Tornado s30 is stuck in first gear, have about 1/2 gallon run through it.

What do I do? [:@]

neyou86 05-03-2010 04:18 PM

check your 2 speed tranny. try adjusting your shift clutch. (whatever you wanna call it). let me know how adjust goes. you screw may have fallen out and its in second gear.

Timsjs550 05-19-2010 07:47 PM

Hey hows it goin. Where can I get the parts to make my s 30 a single speed. I like the 2 speed but your right you are realy MOVIN by the time she even shifts I would like to have the option of a single speed.

Timsjs550 05-19-2010 07:49 PM

Are plastic. Or metal clutch shoes better. Im thinking the metal ones will grab more aggressivly

neyou86 05-19-2010 08:15 PM

well the metal will out last the plastic. im sure it will grab better too. i dont really know. all ive used is metal. try urchobby.com or rufaster.com. they got good prices and fast shipping.