RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

romanracer 07-25-2007 05:30 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

will this work

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e=UTF8&seller=

ehroof 07-25-2007 06:15 PM

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDWF8&P=7

TheSpeedytiger 07-26-2007 10:01 PM

hey man ehroof those gears you suggested to buy for the BB the 3 piece hpi set up. well i have it and its stripped just a bit not the gears on the car but the gears on the clutch bell is that normal and the traxxas spring broke but it was about time i guess i had about 10 tanks of hard bashin through it but still should it be breaking that fast? also in witch in your opinion is better for the Tornados the hpi teflon shoe clutch the one without the spring or the stock shoes with the the traxxas spring.

zack221 07-27-2007 12:15 AM

I had one of the traxxas springs brake after about 7 tanks.No its not normal for the clutchbell gears to strip.

ORIGINAL: losi Kid

hey man ehroof those gears you suggested to buy for the BB the 3 piece hpi set up. well i have it and its stripped just a bit not the gears on the car but the gears on the clutch bell is that normal and the traxxas spring broke but it was about time i guess i had about 10 tanks of hard bashin through it but still should it be breaking that fast? also in witch in your opinion is better for the Tornados the hpi teflon shoe clutch the one without the spring or the stock shoes with the the traxxas spring.

TheSpeedytiger 07-27-2007 12:54 AM

kk but still i gunna need new throttle gears the 47 and 42 t ones and i was wondering if anybody knew of a better set of spurs that are mabye aluminum that will fit it and and mesh with the hpi 3 piece set up because the thing is the plastic spurs 47-42t arent worn out that much but will ned to be replaced in the future soon[:-] but the metal purs are like worn out but only the 17t gear is the one wearing out not the 22 any help here?

also my old question witch is a better over al set up for the shoe clutch the hpi teflon shoe clutch or the stock shoes that come on the bb with the traxxas spring. i am wondering if one gives better prefomance than the other or witch last longer.

Jeremyv1 07-27-2007 11:10 AM

would any other spurs gear models fit redcat other than the redcat stock spur gear cause i ordered some and its taking redcat way to long to send them to me so i was wondering if anyone knew of any other ones that will fit

TheSpeedytiger 07-27-2007 11:20 AM

i know how you feel i made an order the 10th of june and it came the 22 second of july redcats shipping really sucks.

ORIGINAL: Jeremyv1

would any other spurs gear models fit redcat other than the redcat stock spur gear cause i ordered some and its taking redcat way to long to send them to me so i was wondering if anyone knew of any other ones that will fit

i am wondering the same thing tho with the spurs

ehroof 07-27-2007 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: losi Kid

1. those aluminum pinions do wear down, in 10 tanks its alot but maybe the mesh was to tight? at least the spur gear didnt stirp right, lol. I have over 10 tanks in mine and they seem good, lost some color but still good. I have heard a few people say there pinions wore down fairly quickly.

2. I personally like the stock clutch shoes with the traxxas 4146x spring, dont get the 4146 spring, its too loose, the hpi shoes with the spring has too high of a stall rate for me but you make like it, at least you dont have to worry about a broken clutch spring then!!!!

TheSpeedytiger 07-28-2007 12:08 AM

HEY SMALL PROBLEM my cars front and back wheels wont turn any help at firts the back stopped than i ran through the grass and boom whells wont turn any suggestions i think it might be the gears or somthing next to them the purs the 47 and 42t ones i really have no idea what happened i was running good it was like the blink of an eye and my car would run.
the mesh on the gears are good not striped and my car will start up but no running wheels it just sits there.

please help i want my baby running again:(:(:(:([:@]:(:(:(:(

dtsn280z 07-28-2007 10:06 AM

Hey losi, Check the grub screws in the drive cups that are attached to the transmission. My fronts stopped and that was the problem. Locktite them down as well. As far as gears and what not, I had the three peice clutch and got around 15 tanks before they went. It was odd, the 17 gear went first but the smaller gear in the tranny stripped. I have to rebuild both of mine. I got the steel clutch from redcat and new trannies, aliuminum top plates and hump packs and new switches. When I get them running again I'll post how the clutches work. In the mean time, I got a 'Cane XP and a Nemesis (used) and have been running those when I can. I just dont have the time anymore to run. [&o]

Plaig hobbies in Australia has custom steel one speeds and clutch bells. Kinda pricey though. I e-mailed him about two speeds , but he didnt have them.

rclynx 07-28-2007 02:56 PM

but the metal purs are like worn out but only the 17t gear is the one wearing out not the 22 any help here?
engine alignment[&o]

TheSpeedytiger 07-29-2007 09:18 PM

lol everything seams to go wrong with my car.lol but when i set up the transmission is so tight i have to force the it to move. i took it apart twice and still same result i hva e looked at every thing when the transsmission off the wheels and the transmission box works fine. the front and back diff boxs work fine the way there supposed to and so does the transmission box so whats my problem

ehroof 07-29-2007 09:30 PM

make sure your gear mesh is not too tight and make sure your brakes are set up good and not too tight.

TheSpeedytiger 07-29-2007 09:58 PM

ok i checked everythig but still nothing i no my brakes arent the problem i know that and i havent even put my engine on its super tight without the engine on it WILL NOT ROLL almost at all so haveanyidea what the problem might be ....

oh yeah and i have a wear washer(oneof those things that sits in the drive cups) that i dont know were it goes all of the drive cups have one all that i can see the front ,back, and both in the transmission box so were does that one go and would it be the reason for the tightness when i set it up!?!?!?!!??!

sorry i am just freakin out i have NO IDEA IN THE WORLD what is wrong with my car please help:(:(:(:(

oh by the way i am losi kid ona diff acount lol

ehroof 07-30-2007 01:08 PM

maybe you have too much binding in one of the drive cups, try turning one wheel at a time and see if you feel any binding if not then try to turn the 2 fronts at the same time in the same direction and then the 2 rears, you may have too much rubber in one of the drive cups and its binding the drive train.

redrebel66 07-30-2007 06:48 PM

Did someone put a os cvr18 in their Tornado? If so what did it take to put it in?

ehroof 07-30-2007 07:09 PM

should be a direct fit, just swap engines.

TheSpeedytiger 07-30-2007 08:19 PM

hey i like my redcat and all and i am looking to get my 3 nitro car and i was wondering what have you guys heard about the Traxxas Jato 3.3? i was looking at it not to bad of a price for a 65Mph car. so let me know what you guys think. or recomend another car within the 100-400$ price limit....... famliy kinda mad i keep spendin mad money on my cars:):D.

ehroof 07-30-2007 08:25 PM

i have a jato and its a killer truck, you need to change the tires for off road but its very fast and will wheelie on command, i must admit it does get boring after a while. what are the other cars you have?

TheSpeedytiger 07-30-2007 11:22 PM

i have a Tornado BB my frinds Revo 2.5 thats was givin to him a while back never used he met me we got into it and he gave it to me cause he didnt like rc things.(Crazy FOOl[:-][:@]). and i was looking at the jato as my next car and when you said it gets boring did you mean driving it in general or the wheelieing part?

also i i am not set on the jato its just a thought so if you think i should go with somthing that you think is better in your oppinion the tell me that car ill think about it i am open for suggestions

rclynx 07-31-2007 04:58 AM

Out of the 5 or so Jato ST's I've sold in the past year, 2 of the guys are still crazy about them. But the others after about a 6 month period bought GT2's and X-c's. I've never even set one aside for myself because after breaking one in I lost the desire. I have quite a few ST's but the Jato won't be in my stable any time soon. Its just a matter of preference, I think the Jato lacks versatility more than anything else[sm=red_smile.gif]

ehroof 07-31-2007 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: TheSpeedytiger

i have a Tornado BB my frinds Revo 2.5 thats was givin to him a while back never used he met me we got into it and he gave it to me cause he didnt like rc things.(Crazy FOOl[:-][:@]). and i was looking at the jato as my next car and when you said it gets boring did you mean driving it in general or the wheelieing part?

also i i am not set on the jato its just a thought so if you think i should go with somthing that you think is better in your oppinion the tell me that car ill think about it i am open for suggestions

start with some 1/8 stuff, try the hurricane or monsoon, its a world different. The jato gets a little boring over time, the wheelies, its not the best handleing off road or on, flips alot on road. It is nice to have a fast car though, you cant get bored of all out speed. He didnt like rc, i hope you slapped him, after you hugged him for giving you that revo.

ehroof 07-31-2007 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: rclynx

Out of the 5 or so Jato ST's I've sold in the past year, 2 of the guys are still crazy about them. But the others after about a 6 month period bought GT2's and X-c's. I've never even set one aside for myself because after breaking one in I lost the desire. I have quite a few ST's but the Jato won't be in my stable any time soon. Its just a matter of preference, I think the Jato lacks versatility more than anything else[sm=red_smile.gif]

you know whats a good stadium truck that i like alot, the hpi nitro mt or mt2, now thats a nice 1/10th stadium truck, 4x4, single speed and great for the track, i just put an os .18 vcrx in mine, love it.

TheSpeedytiger 07-31-2007 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

ORIGINAL: TheSpeedytiger

start with some 1/8 stuff, try the hurricane or monsoon, its a world different. The jato gets a little boring over time, the wheelies, its not the best handleing off road or on, flips alot on road. It is nice to have a fast car though, you cant get bored of all out speed. He didnt like rc, i hope you slapped him, after you hugged him for giving you that revo.

lol you know it i thanked him for the revo but after that i keep talkin and presuading him to get into it but he didnt Crazy FOOL but he drives his every time he see me with it running so i guess he has some intrest but not much and he sucks at driving it hits somthing everytime LOL. but i was rethinking the jato unless i find it for a great price for a friend in my neighborhood. but i was wondering i think most of you know of that revo spec or what ever comes on the revos that makes them go backwards i was wondering it you could set that up on any of the REd cat buggys? also please post names of buggys truggys or trucks that you have heard good things about that oh and if any of you know of the nitro 4-tec the traxxas on road that will reach 70 i dont really like on road but for 70 mph ill make an exeption :D:D:D:D. probly no chance in me buying it but lets me here what you think.

TheSpeedytiger 08-03-2007 02:03 AM

hey guys after break in and running about a gallon of fuel through it how many tanks could you run through it in one setion before letting it relax and chill? like 2 or 3 tanks?