RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

frekbynature2002 02-10-2007 09:43 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

ok, Ill just get the assemblies from them. Their only an 1hr away anyway

TORNADO BB 02-11-2007 11:38 AM

i have the duratrax temp gun and where should i point at

ehroof 02-11-2007 12:13 PM

glow plug

TORNADO BB 02-11-2007 10:49 PM

thx

ehroof 02-12-2007 07:09 AM

your welcome, temp guns are good but dont tune to temprature, tune until it runs great then check the temp, from 230 to 270 is good

bad630 02-13-2007 01:42 AM

How do I remove the flywheel can't figure it out new to nitro motors?I know you guys can help great furum been reading scents Nov.

Xp,E-maxx,L-4 oval,Hyprodrive 510 oval,

ehroof 02-13-2007 07:25 AM

easily pry it from behind, you have to take the nut off the center shaft first. I put some electrical take around the flat head of a screwdriver and put it in the exhaust outlet of the engine to keep the piston in place, be very careful since you dont want to nick the piston.

TORNADO BB 02-13-2007 10:15 PM

what rear exhaust fits the torndo

ehroof 02-14-2007 07:36 AM

i think someone posted that the one for the rustler fits, i dont know 100%, if you find one you like, post a link or picture so we can check it out.

123michael 02-14-2007 08:16 AM

none i dont think

123michael 02-14-2007 08:22 AM

http://www.tsais.com/ look rear egsausts but these wnt fit sorry-have alook around and tell us what you like

123michael 02-14-2007 08:30 AM

http://www.tsais.com/gallery/costas/index.html look at this these are custom pipes and you could have these mabie they look a bit daft to me though custom pipe just get cool side but its up to you.

TORNADO BB 02-14-2007 08:11 PM

how bout the first one http://www.tsais.com/products/exhaus.../10/index.html

slide150 02-14-2007 10:42 PM

do yall think this can be cut to fit the tornado

[link]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/raidentech168_1933_83531234[/link]

slide150 02-15-2007 05:42 PM

disreguard my last post i just found out that redcat racing sells a clear body on thier site its part number 06027

edaslan 02-15-2007 08:09 PM

hi guys
my xp start and the rpm is realy high and i dont know how to adjast it i lost my book please help me

dclintonh 02-15-2007 08:22 PM

if it just started to be fast adj your throttal trim on the radio.

if that isnt ittake the air filter off and turn that little screw under the intakethat closes the opening.

the book is useless, your not missing much

edaslan 02-15-2007 08:23 PM

any body knows how can i return my xp engine to factory setting
please let me know

nitrospeed33 02-15-2007 08:35 PM

for the lowspeed needle, go flush with the collar, which means that the screw should be totally even with the little plastic peice around it. aslo its 2 1/2 turns out on the high speed, and im not too sure on the idel, sorry.

glk420247 02-15-2007 08:36 PM

idle is about 1mm open.

frekbynature2002 02-15-2007 09:02 PM

If you can't get adjusted call cameron at Redcat or the online help will get him

edaslan 02-15-2007 11:32 PM

tanx guys i will do that

TORNADO BB 02-18-2007 12:42 AM

will some one make a list of engines that fit the tornado xp?what upgrades are needed if needed

zack221 02-18-2007 01:08 AM

Here is a good motor that is faster than the stock one it is a direct fit just unbolt the stock one and put this one in.

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/product_p/osmg11860.htm

archil 02-20-2007 09:21 PM

I am a newbie to nitro. I have been tinkering with electrics for a few years. I am having a hell of a time trying to set the idle on my tornado bb. I have taken it to my local hobby shop, checked with the local "experts" and no one has been able to set the idle.

When I start the engine, I have to set the trim high, or open, so that the car won't die. However, when I apply the brakes, the engine dies. It is fairly new and just off break-in. The car will run fine, and fast, but if I stop the car completely it dies. Compression is great, I have tried a variety of mixes with both the high and low speed adjustments, but in order to keep the engine running it has to be revving pretty high. The glow plug appears to be fine, gets nice and bright. However, it was suggested that the glow plug may be the issue as the engine will die if I remove the ignighter without revving the engine. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!!!

The car is fun to drive but I am getting very frustrated with the idle. Please help!!!!!

Thanks in advance...

frekbynature2002 02-20-2007 09:28 PM

the carb should have a opening , like a half moon, at the rotary. if it dies when appling the brake. It could be rotary is closing all the way. I went through the same thing a week ago. Also, the inching screw should be flush and I think(not sure) the needle valve should be about 2 1/2 turns out. You should have a slight opening at the rotary when the brake is applied. Another problem I had was a cracked carb. Also I had a problem with the clutch spring breaking twice, changed all those parts and haven't had a problem since. Sorry That I couldn't be more help.

arlo1 02-20-2007 09:29 PM

It sounds to me to be one of two things. Most likely is the clutch spring these cars are bad for cheep clutch springs and they brake causing the clutch to grab all the time! The second thing could be the glow plug everyone is saying to go to the a3 glow plug because it is hotter and makes it eiser to tune at idle. If you car stalls at idle without the glow igniter but will stay running on the ground without moving, and with the glow igniter in place it is the glow plug If it cannot idle without moving clutchspring

frekbynature2002 02-20-2007 09:31 PM

yeah, the clutch springs are awful thats why I swapped everything to the traxxes and other parts on page 1

archil 02-20-2007 10:09 PM

I bought some A3 glowplugs when I got the car, so I stuck one of those in their. I'll give that a shot, if that doesn't do it, I'll check the clutch spring. Any how to's on taking apart the engine? I haven't had it apart yet as the thing is only a few weeks old.

By the way, thanks for the quick responses. I was floored to see that many replies that quickly.

Thanks for the help!

archil 02-20-2007 10:34 PM

Ok, so I got a wild hair and decided to take the engine apart following the Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ. And wouldn't you know it, I barely moved the clutch bell and boing out shot the clutch spring with one of the end loops completely gone. So, I'll be replacing that spring and hopefully everything will be shiny.

Thanks again!

frekbynature2002 02-20-2007 11:07 PM

get the traxxes #4146 clutch set, it works great

ehroof 02-21-2007 07:35 AM

use the spring not the clutch shoes that come with it, they dont work.

BOBCAT45 02-21-2007 01:09 PM

[:@] Ijust bought a redcat tornado xp, could someone post the parts i need to replace the clutch bell and clutch.my local hobby store has parts but i am new to this hobby and i will need a little help explaining what to change out before i run it. i dont want to strip any gears on my 1st run. guys i sure do appreciate th help! is there any thing else i need to no to change out before my 1st run? are the clutch bells easy to change out? any suggestiongs would be appreciated.

BOBCAT

slide150 02-21-2007 01:17 PM

change your clutch bell to the hpi bell and pinion gears and change to the traxxas spring for the stock clutch shoes ....if you wanna eliminate the spring get the hpi teflon clutch shoes.....

here is a faq thread about it...i'd advise u to upgrade since the stock clutchbells are out of round and eat up spur gears

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm

BOBCAT45 02-21-2007 08:07 PM

[:@] I just bought a xp tornado redcat and i want to change the clutch bell or what ever weres out the fastest, could someone write down the tower hobbies part numbers so i can fix the problem before i break in my new buggy? i am new to the hobby. would it be advisable to locktite everything (nuts and bolts). Thank you guys!

Bobcat

Chubbysdad 02-21-2007 08:28 PM

bobcat, look in the beginning of this post. Thats where the clutchbells are listed. There is not need to list them again in the same folder. Just read back a few pages.

BOBCAT45 02-22-2007 10:23 AM

Is the clutch bell the only thing i need to ghange on my tornado xp? i am new to the hobby, is it pretty easy to do?
thanks guys bobcat

ehroof 02-22-2007 10:55 AM

change the clutch spring to the traxxas 4146x spring, dont use the shoes that come with the spring, just the spring.

BOBCAT45 02-22-2007 11:15 AM

:D Thank you!

bobcat

BOBCAT45 02-23-2007 05:59 PM

:D Well i went to mylocal hobby store today and ordered the clutch bell and gears and clutch spring(4146x). thhhe parts will be here next wed. and my tornado xp should be here according to ups monday. cant wait till i get it! is replacing that clutch bell and gears pretty easy? i am new to the hobby, so i am going to take my time and make sure everything is tite and move the servos t see if they r working correctly. what is a good oil to use on the air filter? would 3in1 oil work? isnt there a post in these forums that tells you how to replace all the clutch stuff? if there is could someone post it for me so i can read it, i sure would appreciate it guys. thanks for taking time to read my post and throw me some suggestions.

BOBCAT