RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

ehroof 10-13-2007 11:48 AM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

1 Attachment(s)
hope this helps

rclynx 10-13-2007 02:46 PM

WOW all the metal, is that from that movie about Transformers:D

newdoughboy 10-13-2007 02:47 PM

Thanks, I tried that once with no success, but i will try again

spartan8892 10-13-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: ehroof

hope this helps
wow is that a redcat and also my engine wont handel open throtal and dies on me it will go just a bit past half but that it can u help me please?[:o]

ehroof 10-13-2007 06:38 PM

its a volcano pro and it sounds like you need to richen the low and high needles a little, try a 1/4 turn on each and see if that helps

twomanytoys 10-13-2007 06:42 PM

If it dies or sputters at wide open throttle then you are lean. Like ehroof said richen it up adn see what happens.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 07:16 PM

Ehroof-- Do you think the 2 speed clutch bell from the associated NTC3 will fit the bb? It looks the same as the hpi threaded set-up but you can go up to 22/27t on the gears. Any thoughts?

ehroof 10-13-2007 07:19 PM

i have a ntc3+, if you want i can check the mesh of the bell with the hpi or redcat bell, i doubt its the same since the team associated has sae screws and hardware not metric.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 07:25 PM

That would be great, but I kinda jumped the gun again and ordered the set-up before I even asked. Are the trannies about the same design? Maybe I can swap the guts of the trannies again. Any thoughts on the clutches pictured earlier? I have no idea what the set screws are all about.

ehroof 10-13-2007 07:28 PM

the tranny's are some what the same but are in a different configuration. maybe the grub screws are to adjust the distance of the shoe from the clutch bell to set engagement rpm

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 07:36 PM

Interesting....This is the first clutch set I've got like that so i was a little dumbfounded. Do you have a picture of the NTC3?

ehroof 10-13-2007 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go bro, dont have any with the body off

Chubbysdad 10-13-2007 07:56 PM

can you paint me a body like that? lol just kidding. I didn't know you had one of those . Well time for bed, gotta get up early for sundays race again lol

ehroof 10-13-2007 07:59 PM

lol, brother, i have one of everything,

Chubbysdad 10-13-2007 08:01 PM

lol I know. I am picky though. My collection is gunna get lower. I only use a few and they are my favorites.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:02 PM

I found decent pic on ebay and I see what you mean about the different tranny set-up. I guess alll I can do Is try. Whats the worst that can happen? lol

How are the races? Living in Montana I don't even think we have any. Any videos? I've made a few of jumps and good wrecks but no races. The best race we get is from one end of the block to the other.

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:04 PM

i have some nice video to put up later of some truck bashing, the avalanche and monsoon

Chubbysdad 10-13-2007 08:06 PM

yeah we are still just messing around. Alot of new people coming to the track. We dont have sanctioned races YET. But I take video alot of the time. The video is at www.putfile.com/chubbysdad The newest ones start on the left.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:08 PM

I have a little dvd camcorder. How do you post video's? Sorry for the dumb question but I'm kinda computer retarded. All I've been doing so far is burning copies and sending them to whoever wants one. I've got a good one of the death of the Jato. The poor plastic arms weren't exactly made for jumping.

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:10 PM

just upload to putfile, youtube or photobucket then just copy and paste the link to it here

Chubbysdad 10-13-2007 08:12 PM

I use windows movie maker then upload to putfile. If you use movie maker just plug your cam to the computer using a usb plug, and download with movie maker.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:13 PM

I'm talking a couple hours of video though. Is that o.k.? What kind of hose is used to mark out the tracks? My brother in-law owns a hose and rubber shop so it would be easy enough to get but he's stumped when I try to explain what it looks like.

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:15 PM

yuk, i just remembered, he has a dvd comcorder, you may have to use a program to change the format of from dvd to mpg, i have a sony dvd cacorder and tried once and it was a pain to make it in a usable format

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:16 PM

its a courrogated drain pipe

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:17 PM

That's what i have is a sony. I'll give it a shot tommorrow to see what i can do. Can you edit them? At least to take out a couple parts when they weren't starting.