RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:19 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

I tried to explain it kinda looked like huge wire loom. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see if he can get me a spool. Is it pretty expensive?

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:20 PM

once you get it into a usable format you can do some cool stuff with windows movie maker, its easy too, i have the dvd 300 sony, nice camorder, i am happy with it, i bought it a few years ago when it was big $, now i use a cheap $100 camcorder/camera that uses a card, 256mb, east to use and easy to edit.

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:21 PM

its not that bad but when you need alot it adds up quickly.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:28 PM

I believe it. I literally own a city block so I have tons of room. At this point it probably won't be until spring until i get started. I've got my hurricane ready for winter I think. The plastic-dip worked good on the servos. I'll have to try to beat that house jump when we get lots of snow. At least the landings won't be so bad.

ehroof 10-13-2007 08:46 PM

lol, thats just a hard thing to beat, not much wil top that

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 08:53 PM

We have an old military radar tower that's been vacant since my dad was a kid about 5 miles up the road. It has got to be at least 80 feet high. I want to take a car to the top and jump off of it. I know the car would be trash but it would make a hell of a video.

I would like to know what the car in the video that jumps the house is and what parts went flying off when he hit the ground. It seemed to run fine when he was done but in the video you can watch the stuff fall off as he lands. I'm sure there was a lot of stuff bent after that too.

ehroof 10-13-2007 09:02 PM

yeah but that was really some jump, the way it even landed was amazing or just lucky.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 09:05 PM

I'm going with luck.. There was no way he could have seen it land. He did succeed on making a lot of people jealous though.

hibityhupla 10-13-2007 09:51 PM

I'll let you know if the ntc3 bell ends up working or not. It would be a massive top speed improvement. Thanks for all the help. talk to you later...

spartan8892 10-14-2007 02:36 AM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

its a volcano pro and it sounds like you need to richen the low and high needles a little, try a 1/4 turn on each and see if that helps
ok i put every thing back to factory settings but i forgot to put down when the engine is running it makes a weird sound i cant seem to find where its coming from[:@]. theirs no xhoust leaks but it soundslike its comming from the pull starter if thats possiable

newdoughboy 10-14-2007 06:34 AM

I finally figured out what the problem was. if you remove the break pads, you will see a little metal cylinder. you need to remove that and then put in the break arm. It was fairly simple after i decided to open the tranny up again.

ZzBOBCATzZ 10-14-2007 07:18 PM

I have a tornado bb and i have put hours and hours of work into getting the clutch to engage at a higher rpm and now the transs. is messed up and the gears keep grinding when the tires move ............. any thoughts????[:o]

ZzBOBCATzZ 10-14-2007 07:48 PM

ill have a vid. tommarow

ehroof 10-14-2007 08:19 PM

is it possible the cluch spring is broke? the gears are meshed too tight? do you feel resistence?

d3d5 10-14-2007 08:23 PM

can you guys tell me how to keep the grub srews from loosing up in my tornado bb i keep losing brakes and power to rear wheels becuase i grub srew loosens up

ehroof 10-14-2007 08:26 PM

lol, for the 5th time, loctite or ca glue

d3d5 10-14-2007 08:39 PM

sorry i didn't know you told me that before (a little out of it right now forget what i am reading)

ehroof 10-14-2007 08:41 PM

i was just kidding with you bro, :D

d3d5 10-14-2007 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

lol, for the 5th time, loctite or ca glue
i just checked only 3times not 5 lol i think i understand now

hibityhupla 10-15-2007 03:57 PM

After testing the lightning on-road tranny in my bb pro and smartech on both cars it will pick up 7-10mph over the stock tranny. Not the biggest difference but at least you can beat the stock ones.

ZzBOBCATzZ 10-15-2007 06:08 PM

the small cylinder behind the brake pads isnt a problem ........... i orderd a new flywheel / clutch and cluch springs and shoes last week and it came today....... it was to smal and didnt fit.............. i dont know what company to order from now..........is there a red cat cluch upgrade????????????

ehroof 10-15-2007 06:14 PM

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-spring/Detail

d3d5 10-15-2007 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: hibityhupla

After testing the lightning on-road tranny in my bb pro and smartech on both cars it will pick up 7-10mph over the stock tranny. Not the biggest difference but at least you can beat the stock ones.
do you think its worth it to switch trannies?
i want to get some more speed out of.
is it hard to put in the new tranny?????

hibityhupla 10-15-2007 07:44 PM

I just decided to get one when I stript out the stock one. I think it's like $1 cheaper. It's a direct swap, the only thing you will have to do is move the engine closer. I'll repost the part # in a second. I never did try it with the stock engine. I blew mine up within a couple quarts of gas. With the o.s.18cv-rx it works great but i think the o.s. has a little more power.

hibityhupla 10-15-2007 07:51 PM

The part # is 02076 . You will have to take off your brake assembly and drive cups and put them on the new tranny. redcatracing.com is out of them but if you just type the # in at ebay they had about a half a dozen to choose from.