RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 08:30 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

unfortunately-sorry

cen123 11-09-2007 08:30 PM

I believe the estimates of the Traxxas VXL all the way!

Edit: It's because of a video I saw.

bluecaka69 11-09-2007 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: hibityhupla

It's called advertising. Most of what the companies advertise is crap. Do you really believe the speeds of 60mph for redcat and smartech? I came across a smartech on ebay that said .18 big block. Yeah right! You just have to use some common sense. They all lie in one way, shape or form. The trick is to make it look better than the other guys so they can get your money. I'm curious if these companies have ever had false advertising charges or not. It would definitely stop it and we could see what what the cars are really capable of. It's not just cars though, even looking for engines is hard because they lie about the specs.

are you in montana if so where at

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 08:39 PM

I grew up in Helena, moved to Richland County (which sucked), then to Billings and after my dad past away I'm staying at his old place in Westby. I still make it back to billings every once in a while to visit old friends though. This town has got to be the worst I've ever seen. 200 people max and they all seem a little slow to me. They should put a sign up that says "welcome to hickville" lol

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 08:41 PM

If you look at a map it's as close to Canada and North Dakota as you can get.

bluecaka69 11-09-2007 08:48 PM

did you go to school in billings if so when and which one
just mapquested it man it is small and pretty much on the border

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 09:09 PM

no man, by the time I moved to billings I had two kids of my own. I think my oldest went to Sandstone??? It was up in the heights. It was pretty funny I lived on Easy street literally when I was in Billings. I was a junior in high school before I moved from Helena. Don't you ever get sick of all the crackheads running around Billings? That was one of the main reasons we left. I started leaving broken cd players and blown subs sitting on the seats of my car with the doors unlocked so they wouldn't break my windows and they would feel retarded for stealing broken crap. Billings made me wish we had laws of other countries where they would cut of your hand if you were caught stealing. They would only get two shots at it. lol

ehroof 11-09-2007 09:14 PM

wow, and i thought nyc was bad, crack heads? i thought montana was mountains and beautiful scenery and nice people.

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 09:33 PM

It's not really crack (i don't think). It's the meth. All these farm boys figured out how to make it with the chemicals the farmers leave out in the fields. I can't write down all the ingredients without some idiot trying it so I'll just leave it vague. It's strange that everything in it will kill you by itself so someone came up with the idea to mix it all up and smoke it. whatever, to each his own. I remember when it was a big thing to sneak of with your friends and smoke a doobie. Now that's almost to where it is socially acceptable. Don't get me wrong I've done my fair share of everything as a kid. My dad always told me that's the time to do it. Can't go to jail until your 18 anyway. supposedly. But if I caught my kids I think I would have the normal parent reaction and freak out. That's why I'm glad I live in a small town, at worst they might smoke a little weed or drink some beer. Hopefully they won't ever try the others. I hope my dad was wrong when he said all kids make the same mistakes as their parents. Otherwise I'm screwed. lol

ehroof 11-09-2007 09:36 PM

lol, i know what you mean, i have a 12 year old and a 10 year old, i am getting them out of the city soon, moving upstate in the near future, will keep the business in nyc, try the commuting every weekend and see how that works, if not i will sell the business and properties and make things work in the mountains.

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 09:51 PM

The worst thing here is the cops are just as bad as the criminals. In Richland County there was some cops thought to be involved in a kids death because he knew about the cocaine addict judge and the lawyer who was selling it and having his kid help. The sad thing is instead of doing anything about it they just moved the cops to different states and swept it under the rug. The cops in these small towns almost seem to get a sort of god complex where they think their above the law their paid to uphold. I'm lucky now, I don't think we even have a local cop in town. the only time I ever see one is on the weekends when the kids are out and about. What's the worst they are going to do? Drink a beer? smoke a cigarette? Last time I checked they were getting paid to stop real crime not petty crap. I suppose there's not much else for them to do though. So why do we need so many? Sorry I'm kinda ranting but I got screwed so many times when I was a kid it isn't even funny. I won't even drive through Richland County anymore because I don't trust them. In bigger towns it seems to be the opposite, they just don't care.

ehroof 11-09-2007 09:58 PM

i agree, i had a few run ins with the man in a small town, lol.

hibityhupla 11-09-2007 10:22 PM

I hope you all got a chance to read what was wrote earlier because it all got erased. Whoever runs this thread must be pro- law enforcement. What ever happened to freedom of speech??? This is my last post. you can all contact me at hibityhupla@ hotmail.com if I can help in any way but I refuse to to stay a part of the corrupt system put in place. So much for our constitution in our divided states of embarrassment. Pretty sad a rapper said it best.

You all have been a big help along the way! I just won't write anymore where you can't express your opinions or tell the truth because someone might not like it. To answer the owners question, YES, this was written out of spite. God forbid someone have an opinion about crackheads. "Crackhead!"

ehroof 11-09-2007 10:26 PM

they delete posts all the time, if its off topic of the thread, its usually deleted right away, expecially in this redcat support forum, they police this part of rcu all the time.

cen123 11-10-2007 04:53 PM

I was wondering what people thought between volcano and tornado bb

DamselStruction 11-10-2007 05:09 PM

Hello Cen,

The Tornado BB slams!!!

I don't know why more people aren't into buggies. They look so much better and I bet they handle better too. I understand that if you want to run your car around in thick grass, then you need to have something that looks like a slot car with 4 basketballs for wheels, but the Tornado's rock unless you are trying to stage a monster truck rally for an audience of chicklet-sized hicklets.

Thanks,

Jim

cen123 11-10-2007 05:11 PM

Ok. How is it for short grass. How much clearance is there? Thanks.

DamselStruction 11-10-2007 05:22 PM

Hey Cen,

Grass running is tough on buggies. You have about one inch of ground clearence. If the grass is short it will work great, but it's definitely worth looking for some dirt terrain to run on. Baseball diamonds are a lot of fun to start with because you can get your car sliding through the turns and stuff.

I see you are from Bridgewater, NJ. I'm originally from Plainfield. There are probably millions of places for you to run your car if you look around Manville, Someville or maybe even Bound Rrook. Scout out the places where kids are riding their dirt bikes or BMX bikes and you'll be in RC buggy heaven!

Thanks,

Jim

cen123 11-10-2007 05:24 PM

They're about 10 minutes MAX away! I actually built a track to drive my stampede on and a buggy should work good.
Thanks for the help.

cen123 11-10-2007 05:33 PM

People have told me:"get a 1/8". Mostly because it's more powerful. I don't need super power for my track. on my track: super-power=wheels spin out.

cen123 11-10-2007 05:46 PM

I also had another question. I have never replaced anything on my nitro. So what are the clutch springs?

cen123 11-10-2007 06:29 PM

So I guess I'll go to a redcat dealer and see if the tornado has the ground clearance i want. Anyone know of any redcat shops in NJ.

pede_187 11-10-2007 06:54 PM

DamselStruction 11-10-2007 07:02 PM

Hey Cen,

This video will explain the clutch shoes and spring. This shows a guy taking apart a CXP .18 engine/clutch assembly and the procedures are applicable to most engines and clutches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esbIjiF4FN0

The Tornados come with the .18 engine and that's about the limit of how large an engine most people would want to stuff into a 1/10 scale car. 1/10 scale cars used to come with .12 sized engines! Unless you're careful on the gas, you'll spend more time with the wheels spinning than just tracking. I run mine on the road a lot and even with all that traction it still spins all 4 tires and pitches out sideways coming out of turns. Put it this way, I've burned 3 sets of tires right off my rims, about 1 set for each gallon of fuel and I drive the car pretty conservatively because I'd rather run the thing than wait for parts and wrench on it.

Just type "Tonado, Tornado BB or Atomic Warhead" into the search engine at YouTube and you'll get tons of videos of guys running these cars and most of them can barely control them. They just end up doing doughnuts because these cars take some getting used to before you can really use all the power they have.

Thanks,

Jim

pede_187 11-10-2007 07:22 PM

OK. Thanks