RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

Brett185 02-04-2009 05:22 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

Yeah, I figured that's what it is. See, that's what I get for running my big mouth about still using the original one....lol...oh well, I expected it to happen. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get some aluminum shoes and a 13/18t clutchbell. I might as well put what I want on since I'm gonna have it apart anyway.

KeithjV 02-04-2009 05:24 PM

I was thinking about changing the CB on mine too. Is the stock 17/21 or 17/22?

eminentguitar 02-04-2009 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

I was thinking about changing the CB on mine too. Is the stock 17/21 or 17/22?
17/22 is the stock bell. The 13/18 makes a world of difference

KeithjV 02-04-2009 07:28 PM

Which CB did you put on yours?

eminentguitar 02-04-2009 07:30 PM

I used this one but shortly after I changed it to the single speed you need 5x8 bearings for it tho http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXM730&P=7

KeithjV 02-04-2009 07:31 PM

Are those the needle bearings? or the flanged bearings?

eminentguitar 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Dont use the needle bearings those things are garbage in my mind. I just used normal bearings. But try to fine some that are flanged I think they would work better. oh and its best to get the longer shaft too

Brett185 02-06-2009 11:20 AM

Well it turns out it wasn't the clutch spring or shoes, the bearing on top of the CB just below the washers and hex screw, completely blew out. I tooke the screw and the washers out and the little balls inside the bearing started falling out, then some of the rings that hold the bearing together fell out. I had to dig the rest of them out. So I just went to my lhs and got some new bearings. I put it back together yesterday. While I was at the lhs I was going to get another gallon of O'donnell, but they were out, so the guy suggested Blue Thunder. Well I only bought a quart of that cause I wasn't sure how it would run. It doesn't run too good, at least not in the little time I was able to run. It started getting dark on me. Is it normal to have to retune when you change fuels? Cause it runs fine all the way up till I get close to WOT. Then it starts to bog. I leaned it out a little, I got it most of the way out, but it still bogs when it gets to all the way WOT.

KeithjV 02-06-2009 11:22 AM

Yes, if you change fuels you will have to re-tune it a bit. Every fuel has different lubricant content so thats going to change the way the engine responds.

Brett185 02-06-2009 11:33 AM

Yeah, I kinda figured that. Well at least tomorrow is supposed to be a pretty day, high in the mid 60's with lots of sunshine, so I should have plenty of time to tune and play...

KeithjV 02-06-2009 11:36 AM

Nice. Its supposed to warm up here too. Its only like 12 right now.

Brett185 02-06-2009 12:01 PM

Oh man, that sucks. I couldn't handle that kind of cold.

Brett185 02-09-2009 12:35 PM

Well got the nami out yesterday and took it to the park, ran the snot out of it. I've about already worn out my pro line step pins, but oh well. Man it was so pretty here this weekend, and still pretty today, highs near 70F. I lost and broke a few parts yesterday, but nothing I couldn't replace right there on the tailgate of my truck. Has alot of people watching and asking questions. It was fun. Oh, and I'm starting to like the blue thunder fuel, got the engine tuned pretty well with it, and it sure as heck smells alot better than O'donnell.

perhamrocks 02-09-2009 01:14 PM

ya i'm using blue thunder now too, and i think it works a little better than the traxxas fuel that i was buying

Brett185 02-09-2009 04:30 PM

Anyone know of a better servo saver that will fit the nami? I've been through 3 of the stock ones. On all 3 the wheel that you tighten down on the sprig will pop up and you can't tighten it back down. It sucks.

rhm-zooom 02-10-2009 03:31 AM

There is an aluminum one available from redcat.

Brett185 02-10-2009 11:40 AM

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

eminentguitar 02-10-2009 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Anyone know of a better servo saver that will fit the nami? I've been through 3 of the stock ones. On all 3 the wheel that you tighten down on the sprig will pop up and you can't tighten it back down. It sucks.
Dont bother with that style servo saver man here is the best thing to do. Get the most insane glue you can find and glue that thing sollid ok. or if you know how to plasic weld do that. Then go out and buy a kimborough servo saver and put it on your servo. way better man trust me on this one. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXS361&P=ML

rclynx 02-11-2009 05:39 AM

thats a pretty good fix there emi :D poor guy being stuck in sub zero weather with nothing else to do helps you RC guys out a lot ;)

Brett185 02-11-2009 09:27 AM

Tell me about it, eminent has helped me out more times than I can count. Thanks man...

Brett185 02-11-2009 04:48 PM

I noticed Redcat doesn't have the Tsunami for sale on their website anymore. I wonder if it's discontinued or if they're coming out with a new one?

eminentguitar 02-11-2009 07:24 PM

Thanks guys :) lynx is right about the sub zero weather and nothing better to do lol

Brett185 02-12-2009 11:40 AM

Well man at least the winter is almost over, at least it seems like it around here. I don't know how long winter lasts for you canadian folks. Anyway, what kind of glue do you reccommend for my servo saver? Something like Gorilla glue or something?

eminentguitar 02-15-2009 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Well man at least the winter is almost over, at least it seems like it around here. I don't know how long winter lasts for you canadian folks. Anyway, what kind of glue do you reccommend for my servo saver? Something like Gorilla glue or something?
what I would do is melt it together a bit with a soldering iron just to make sure it wont slip at all. Then sand it with some cours sand paper and use any 2 part glue like jb weld or something like it. I dont know what gorilla glue is like if its good for plastic and its a 2 part it should be alright to use. If that lets go on you you can get the mt2 aluminum steering assembly to fit in there with little mods. Its god a sollid post with no servo saver. Just what you want.

CastMagiic 02-15-2009 01:42 AM

selling tsunami ultrawide, see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8475357/tm.htm