RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

Brett185 05-07-2009 03:41 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

What's up guys!!!!! I know it's been a while since I posted here. I've had alot going on. Well I decided to keep my tsunami for a while, but I think the little VX is running on it's last leg. I've about polished off my 9th gallon through it, and I've definetly noticed a huge loss in power over the last couple gallons or so. I'm having to run it extremely rich on the HSN and extremely lean on the LSN just to get any kind of RPMs out of it. Plus I've noticed theres fuel pooling up on the HSN now and virtually no compression. So I think I'm gonna have to use redcat's warranty and upgrade to the SH. I was going to go with a O.S .18 but, due to me being laid off of my job, I'm gonna have to go with the cheapest route and that's gonna be the redcat warranty. Plus now I'm having to keep up two r/cs now and I just dropped a axial .28 in my hyper 7. Well anyway, just thought I'd drop a line and give yall an update on what's been happening with me. So what's up with you guys?????????

KeithjV 05-07-2009 03:44 PM

Hey Brett.. Well no surprise, its still raining here so no driving for me.. Thinking about building a boat though if this keeps up.

Brett185 06-08-2009 07:05 PM

I hear ya on the boat. It's been raining here like twice a week for the last 2 months or so, but thankfully we get some really pretty days too, so I guess it evens out. Say, by the way, would anyone happen to know the part # for the rear body posts for the tsunami? I thought I ordered the right ones, but when they came in they were for the tremor, and I haven't been able to find any others on Redcat's website or any redcat dealers websites either. Any help would be appreciated.

rhm-zooom 06-09-2009 01:58 AM

part# 08007

peewee146 06-18-2009 06:52 PM

help guys i need part number R-02014  or interchangeable parts help guys

KeithjV 06-18-2009 07:25 PM

peewee what part are you looking for and for what truck?

peewee146 06-18-2009 07:43 PM

front hub carrier for the tsunami

KeithjV 06-18-2009 07:49 PM

02014 is the part number if you look on any site that carries redcat parts you will find it. You can find it on ebay too. Check out rc trading post too

peewee146 06-18-2009 07:54 PM

shipping is way to expencive

KeithjV 06-18-2009 08:00 PM

Did you check ebay?

peewee146 06-19-2009 03:15 PM

dont have anty on there

Brett185 06-23-2009 03:17 PM

Go to rufaster.com

samureyed 06-30-2009 01:23 PM

New Tsunami Ultrawide owner here, just wanted to keep the official thread going. I picked up my Tsunami 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. I am an amatuer to the RC hobby, but I think I may have just found a hobby worth investing time and money into.

The ultrawide kit is amazing. It can handle a lot of rough terrain and steap slopes. Can't wait to take it to some dirt pits and tracks. However, i am currently waiting for parts since I already busted a few.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif Accidentally clipped a rock while going full throttle. Broke a front and rear hub, cracked a wheel, bent a dogbone and messed up a few other minor parts. Yikes.. live and learn I guess. Parts come today and I ordered extras this time.. hopefully I'll be back up and running (more carefully) this afternoon.

KeithjV 06-30-2009 02:41 PM

Congratulations on the new truck and welcome to the thread

sc2toplay 07-03-2009 06:42 AM

i have 2 tsunami's now and i want to make them roto start anyone have a part # or a way this can be done

billymare 09-24-2009 06:59 PM

I'm with you Kieth...I bought 6 of those tower pros for DIRT CHEAP on the bay and love them all.

KeithjV 09-25-2009 12:17 AM

My towerpros are actually starting to show some problems. I guess its from bashing. Two of them are starting to twitch really bad. If I lift the truck off the ground the wheels just shake back and forth. I replaced them with a JR and Hitec. But I cant really complain, I definitely got my moneys worth from them. Im curious how the new 996's are. Any one try them yet?

billymare 10-02-2009 11:26 AM

Hey Keith, I hope to be bashing this weekend at the place in Islip....If all goes well.

billymare 10-02-2009 01:51 PM

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">What were the volcano part #'s  for the hubs and stub axles to widen the Nami?  I found some on ebay and I think their what i need.</div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"><span style="font-size: 12px;">
</span></font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; white-space: pre; ">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=220420444952&amp;s sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_956</span></span></font></div><div><font size="3" face="Tahoma"><span style="font-size: 12px; white-space: pre;">
</span></font></div><div><font size="3" face="Tahoma"><span style="font-size: 12px; white-space: pre;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=360184285345&amp;s sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_956</span></font></div></span>

KeithjV 10-02-2009 03:02 PM

I going to head out to center moriches on Sunday. If you can you should take a ride out there. Its a really nice track and the guys that have been going are great.
Those are the parts you need. Check out URChobby.com Hes right in Bellmore. He has great prices and fast shipping.

Brett185 10-03-2009 01:24 AM

Holy crap, I haven't seen this thread in a while....how's it goin guys.....hey Keith.....has anyone seen or heard from eminent lately? Anyway, I haven't ran the nami in a while, the engine is totally gone....I gave that lil vx hell....but boy did I take it!!!! Well, I do plan on doing some changes on the nami in the future, but right now I've kinda gotten into the 1/8 scales.....but I'll get around to the nami soon..........anyway......just thought I'd say hi.........

KeithjV 10-03-2009 11:49 AM

Hey Brett.. Yea Em has been back on lately. He had some computer problems.
What 1/8ths have you been running?

eminentguitar 10-03-2009 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Holy crap, I haven't seen this thread in a while....how's it goin guys.....hey Keith.....has anyone seen or heard from eminent lately? Anyway, I haven't ran the nami in a while, the engine is totally gone....I gave that lil vx hell....but boy did I take it!!!! Well, I do plan on doing some changes on the nami in the future, but right now I've kinda gotten into the 1/8 scales.....but I'll get around to the nami soon..........anyway......just thought I'd say hi.........
Hey man you know what you should do with that old vx :) the same thing I did with my 3.3 I took it all apart and used the piston and conecting rod for a key chain its the coolest key chain you could ever have :)

uhoo_01 10-20-2009 07:13 PM

sup people have not been on hear for a while my nami was just gathering dust on the self with a smashed diff housing , well i finally got it fixed and got it out last weeked hahha was a good laugh . any one els on here big blocked there nami yet since i havent cheaked this forum for a while. ???

eminentguitar 10-20-2009 07:59 PM

Hey man I ended up giving my nami to my friend now he is big into the hobby.