RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

ehroof 10-27-2007 09:37 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

not yet, i jump some pretty big stuff too. i honestly have never broken a suspension part on any of my offroad redcats and only broke a rear hub on my lightning while on the track and kissed the wall at a pretty good speed. come to think of it i have never really broken much, only a rear arm on my jato when i had a tire blow out and i clipped a tire on a parked car. if you land your jumps correctly you wont break anything and you just have to check out your rc's after every couple of tanks or runs on the track, it saves alot of headaches in the long run.

eminentguitar 10-27-2007 09:45 PM

lets see i have broken the front mount (2015) twice and i shaved the gears off the big spur gear. the front shocks are bent and even the chassis is bent up(hit a curb) Pissed me right off i jumped off the sidewalk and i lost controle. So now Im playing the wait for parts game lol. But so far i cant say that a traxxas really would be a better car as far as value goes. Im happy with it. Just have to stock up on parts.

ehroof 10-27-2007 09:56 PM

exactly, order a few parts that break more often and have them on hand and your set.

eminentguitar 10-27-2007 10:28 PM

iv got lots in the mail there just taking there sweet time to get here :( Whats another rc thats a good deal as far as power quality and money go?

ehroof 10-28-2007 06:32 AM

from redcat? on or offroad?

eminentguitar 10-28-2007 11:06 PM

off road and any brand

eminentguitar 10-28-2007 11:09 PM

Well a managed to break a controle arm today I just dont have any luck with this hobby. Thats the one of the only parts that I didnt order

ehroof 10-29-2007 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

off road and any brand
2wd or 4wd? how much$

rclynx 10-29-2007 02:35 PM

Try These [:-]

[link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com]all off road[/link]

eminentguitar 10-30-2007 12:33 AM

I like the way the two wheel drive is but i need to get some tires that will grip better. Prob around the 250 mark somewhere in there.
I plastic welded my controle arm up today its as good as new now. How often should the diffs be greased?

ehroof 10-30-2007 12:41 PM

once in a while bro, not that often, it depends on where and how you drive, alot of offroading, and dirt driving it would be a good idea to clean and re grease the diffs every 15 tanks or so.

eminentguitar 10-30-2007 09:50 PM

What do you think of aluminum clutch shoes?

ehroof 10-30-2007 09:52 PM

they are good but need maintaince, periodical sanding to take off the mushrooming from the edges sometimes. for low maintaince go with teflon shoes.

eminentguitar 10-30-2007 09:59 PM

Well I thought I was getting teflon but when they came in the mail they were aluminum. I just ordered replacement shoes and I got metal ones I just wanted to make sure they were not garbage.

How tall are the rustler wheels on your tsunami?(tire and all)

eminentguitar 10-30-2007 10:35 PM

Im having a really really herd time steering my tsunami on anything but pavement as soon as i turn or step on it it just spins around even when im not giving it any gas it just slides all over the place is there anything I can do to help this?

rclynx 10-31-2007 06:31 AM

Which dog bone on the drive line is loose or missing?[&o]

eminentguitar 10-31-2007 08:04 AM

there all there and as far as I can tell there all about the same as far as the loose part goes. I noticed my wheels are reall off balance would that do it?

Chubbysdad 10-31-2007 09:16 AM

the foam is probably messed up in the tires. It falls apart fast.

eminentguitar 10-31-2007 11:42 PM

Ok ehroof said to put the rustler wheels on it and when i was at the hobby shop i noticed that there really tall. Is there another setup that works good maybe a bit shorter than the rustler wheels? I want something that will grip in loose dirt and fine gravel alot better than the stock tires.

rclynx 11-01-2007 11:03 AM

I'm sure he ment just the wheels (back Only older models) Tires are somthing different and I think you were probably looking at the anaconda set up on the newer Rusty and there to tall. You have a 2.2 wheel and the new rusty has 2.6[&o]

ehroof 11-01-2007 02:38 PM

old rustler rims (rears) and 2.2 pro line gladiators.

eminentguitar 11-01-2007 06:03 PM

ok ill see if i can find some

eminentguitar 11-01-2007 06:38 PM

hey ehroof what all do i need to do to put the os cvrx into my tsunami i have the clutch bell and needle bearing. do i just swap the flywheel and go from there?

ehroof 11-01-2007 08:16 PM

exactly, put the os in the same way you took the vx out, its a direct fit, nothing to change.

eminentguitar 11-02-2007 05:28 PM

ok i dont know why I always hav problems withis hobby but here is my new problem. I put everything onto my os cvrx and when i put it into the car the pull starter was hitting the plastic between the steering servo and the shock tower. No big deal i took my dremel and shaved the plastic away to make clearance. I have the thirteeen tooth bell and 47 tooth spur(I made my own single speed) with the engine all the way to the left or drivers side lol im barely getting the gears to mesh together. So what happens when i get my single speed direct drive with the smaller spur gear on it? Im not going to have enough room for the gears to touch eachother.