RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   MOTOR TRouBLE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5366943-motor-trouble.html)

SENMERI 02-03-2007 08:10 PM

MOTOR TRouBLE

1 Attachment(s)
I can't believe that this happened... Me and my friend were driveing our trucks then my truck just stopped I just got it and it was running great!!!!... So anywazs We were driveing the trucks and then my truck just stopped and then when i went to pull the pull cord it didn't want to move... SO i went home and broke it down... I first took the motor off and then the pull cord then after that the little plate between the motor and the pull cord and i looked inside and the inner walls of the piston was rubbing against the circular thing.. I really don't know how to discribe it but you can turn the motor all the way because it keeps on touching the walls...It dosn't look like there is anough room for the circular rod to move the piston up and down??? What can i do?

would redcat be able to help me out? I just got it like 1 week ago!!!

ganjamatik 02-03-2007 08:16 PM

RE: MOTOR TRouBLE

yo try gettin a cleare pic, its vry hard to see anything

ehroof 02-03-2007 08:19 PM

sounds like you blew your connection rod, usually this happens when running to lean. i did it to my hpi .15 nitrostar over the summer when i put a motorsaver air filter in and forgot to richen the mix.

SENMERI 02-03-2007 08:19 PM

Yeah i know i am sorry... but that lever that goes up and down and connect to i think that fly wheel is touching the outter eadge of the motor??? LIke the outer edge is too small for it...

SENMERI 02-03-2007 08:20 PM

Would there by any replacement?? or part number?

ehroof 02-03-2007 08:22 PM

allaboutfunhobbies has engine parts, i think he has this part, check out his site, he's the only place i know of

SENMERI 02-03-2007 08:22 PM

or is it better if i send it out and get this down??? If soo who would i send it too? can i send it to redcat?

ehroof 02-03-2007 08:27 PM

bottom left

http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/volcanosvparts.htm

SENMERI 02-03-2007 08:32 PM

Woudl you guys think if i were to Get the part that It would be easy to install?

ehroof 02-03-2007 08:44 PM

its easy enough to do, i would help you thru it and post some pictures.

AllAboutFunHobbies 02-03-2007 08:46 PM

There not hard to install, but then again I build race car engines so I have a tiny bit of experiance. lol. No it's not too hard, except you have to be sure the piston is facing the right direction and the sleeve is in facing the right direction so the ports all line up. and have a bit of patience.

nitrospeed33 02-03-2007 09:37 PM

to me, its pretty easy, i have done it before. just take off the backplate, then carefully take out the sleeve and take the connecting rod off the little flywheel part at the bottom, im sorry if im confusing you, its hard for me to explain. then carefully take out the piston, and then remove the conecting rod pin and then put the new connecting rod on and insert the pin again. then put the piston in the engine and securly put the end of the connecting rod back on the little tiny bar thing (its in your pic) and then gently put the sleeve back on over the piston, and make sure its in properly, theres alittle tiny pin type thing that sticks out of the engine body, and the sleeve should have alittle indent in it for that part to fit right in. but like allaboutfun said, make sure you put the piston in the right way cause if you dont then it will hit the backplate. the groved side of the piston should face the other way from the backplate, or towards the clutch bell side of the engine, the grovve alows for the piston to go down, with out hitting the flywheel thingy. sorry if im confusing you.[&o] but you have to be gentle, cause the inside parts of the engine, like the ones you'll be dealing with, are very delicate. hope this helps you, sorry this happened to your car. but it should be an easy fix.:D oh and did you break in your engine? and how?

SENMERI 02-04-2007 08:53 AM

Breaking in the engine... The thing is that i remember that i couldn't get my engine to run so there for a local hobbie shop helped me out and i couldn't believe in less then 20 seconds he got it running... FOR THE NEXT couple of days i was really carefull on maken sure that then engine was clean after i got done useing it and maken sure that the after run oil was put in.But, i was really trying to peak that engine out and i didn't know really that the engine was running to lean i know that i can tell by how much there is smoke comeing out of the pipe but i guess i didn't really see it to well... I would try and take this on myself it sounds pretty interesting on how to fix it but, i am goin to send it out to ALLABOUTHOBBIES... wade said that he can hook me up... but, NOTE::: i hope that the motor is still good because i think that the conrod scratched the walls of the engine alittle bit, Kinda made a track where it goes around and circles... Don't know if this would be comman on a regular running engine??? BUT i do HAVE TO THANK WADE FOR HIS NEW CHAT ROOM!!! he really helped me out alot... ALLABOUTHOBBIES GREAT STUFF 2 THUMBS UP FOR WADE!!!![/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

ehroof 02-04-2007 09:25 AM

why not upgrade the engine? I know if i blew the stock motor i would upgrade to an os .18 cvrx, its about $100 and is 1,000,000 X better than the stock engine. I am not trying to take any business away from aafh but i dont know if its worth to throw money away into a stock engine. Just my opinion bro.

SENMERI 02-04-2007 10:26 PM

Yeah you know i never thought about it that way .... Would i have to buy anything else beside the motor ???Where woudl i have able to buy everything i need and just install it Like a complete package...??? WOuld i have to change the gear set up?? any upgrades that must be done???... But i am goin to overnight this motor to wade and see what he says about it... He said that it might be a couple of bucks or alot of money...

What's the diffrence with a "ROTARY CARB" and "SLIDE VALVE CARB"???

Witch one would be like my stock engine...?

What would some engines be that i can possible use for my Volcano Redtrack truck???

nitrospeed33 02-04-2007 11:08 PM

wait, so you didn't break it in. It doesn't matter that you kept it clean and all that. every engine NEEDS!!! to go through an engine break in process. i prefer the heat cycle. YOU NEED TO DO A BREAK IN, ITS VERY IMPORTANT. that was really stupid not to, no offense. thats prolly why it broke. but i think your engine is still okay though if you replace that part. but you said it scrathed something, what part was it. was it the sleeve?

zack221 02-04-2007 11:15 PM

The engine is a direct replacement just put your flywheel,clutch shoes,and clutchbell on this motor and you have a 10x better engine.

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/product_p/osmg11860.htm

nitrospeed33 02-04-2007 11:23 PM

AND THIS TIME BREAK IN THE ENGINE, AND DONT RUSH IT!:D you'll have less problems and longer life, and better preformance.

SENMERI 02-04-2007 11:25 PM

yeah the peace that connects to the crach shaft (i think that con rod) scratched the inside of the engine....

nitrospeed33 02-04-2007 11:35 PM

ouch. that what ya get. your engine is yellin at you and laughin. he dont like you. just kiddin, lol.:):):D:D;);)

SENMERI 02-04-2007 11:40 PM

So what do you think even though that there are scratches on it.. It really looks like a track inside my engine where the con rod keeped on goin around and around until it just stoppped again i can move it but it get stuck at about a half a turn...on both sides...

nitrospeed33 02-04-2007 11:48 PM

[sm=75_75.gif][sm=red_smile.gif] wwweelll, if your in a good mood, maybe you can just give me the motor so i can get it off your hands for you. lol, just kiddin with ya, lol. your engine sound worse then i thought. i think you could have bent somehting besides the connecting rod. this should be a lesson to anyone who thinks that not breaking in an engine is okay.[:o] well sorry bout your engine.

SENMERI 02-04-2007 11:51 PM

Well if anyone can fix it WADE can... Have you checked out his new chat Room For Redcat..??? Anywazs i hope that he can do something for me and if not then i guess i have to put a new motor in it... Wade did say somethign about the con rod might of stretched out and thats why.. But, Wade is the man And i think that he can take care of me!!! Wish me luck man...

mozzzy_2000 02-05-2007 07:20 AM

hmm.. let us know the prognosis hey. I'd also bet that the piston/sleeve as been irreprably damaged as well since you didnt break it in. I'd hate to say but it may turn out to be a paper weight. But dont let it get ya down. You dont learn unless you make mistakes like these.

ehroof 02-05-2007 07:23 AM

get the engine zack posted, the ox .18 cvrx, its a direct replacement and alot more power