RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   what are my options locally? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5375296-what-my-options-locally.html)

ganjamatik 02-05-2007 04:59 PM

what are my options locally?

nobody has an hpi 18 or 17 tooth clucth bell anywhere in my area, the only thing that any 1 has is traxxas clutch bells, does the traxxas fit?if not any other ones that may work.my truck just broke my redcat bell in 2, i guess no more fun today[:@]

ehroof 02-05-2007 05:13 PM

RE: what are my options locally?

bring the teeth with you from the redcat and mest them together with the traxxas ones and see if they mesh good. if you do let us know what happens.

ehroof 02-05-2007 05:15 PM

good idea, do it and post it and see what reaction you get.

AllAboutFunHobbies 02-05-2007 06:15 PM

I already tried it, don't do it, the traxxas teeth are alot wider and square than the HPI teeth it was a disaster it worked great at first but the teeth don't get deep enough and one of two things happens, the gear gets hot and melts from the Clutchbell teeth being to thick or it just plain strips the tops off the teeth on the spur gear.

ehroof 02-05-2007 06:20 PM

that ends that idea

drewmeister 02-05-2007 08:20 PM

just order online. you will probley find one cheaper online with shipping that u would find in a hobby shop
http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Savage-Nitro...em260083585905

ganjamatik 02-05-2007 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks , i didnt get the traxxas one, i read online the teeth pitch is different, i just hate having to wait 4 shipping, im going on my first vacation in like 3 years on thursday, i just got new fm radio and was all ready to go, soon as i tested it though today, it ripped.and top it off every single rc shop within 75 miles doesnt have a thing, believed me i called every 1. my only hope is to find a place that will overnight , i hope to god some place will do it because this is turning into a nightmare[:@]

ehroof 02-05-2007 09:22 PM

see if dennis will overnight it, he is in the chatzy room now with some other guys

ThunderbirdJunkie 02-06-2007 01:26 AM

Just FYI, if you use a traxxas clutchbell, it has to be from a T-maxx 2.5R, 3.3, Revo, or a Jato. you CAN NOT use the 32 pitch clutchbells from the older Traxxas cars like the T-maxx 2.5 or the Nitro Rustler with the metric pitch gears of the Redcat cars!

AllAboutFunHobbies 02-06-2007 09:40 AM

Some one around you has to have a traxxas T-Maxx 2.5R or 3.3, That sucks if they don't though.

nitrospeed33 02-06-2007 09:55 AM

just go knocking on every door in your nieghborhood. then when you find someone with it, the tell them that youll kick thier mail box if you dont get the clutch bell.lol, or another way you can do it, is casually walk by the house of the person you know has one, and the wait till when hes outside, then while your talking, ease on the conversation of the clutch bell.lol, jk:D:)

ganjamatik 02-06-2007 02:31 PM

hahaha, i really was thinking about searching the internet for any1 with a svage in my area, emailing them all and trying to see i f i could buy theres, there is a shortage of clutch bells in california man, i swear from hobbytown to every mom and pop nitro spot within 75 miles maybe, i mean i was willing to drive however far i needed but nobody had anything, all for micros mostly,those who say they usually carry some but were out only had the regular weak steel when they had ne.good news is dennis from clermont agreed last night to send me one today overnight, WOOHOO!! i swear i get depressed when i cant drive my truck, AND ON MY VACATION?some little boy was gonna find his window broken, his savage taken apart,amissing clutch bell,and a trail of beer cans all the way to my house:D

rclynx 02-06-2007 07:55 PM

I have 6 of the HPI 77107 here in California, I'll overnight it if you really want. [&o]

nitrospeed33 02-06-2007 07:59 PM

yes id love one for a tornado bb, if its free.:D:Dlol lol lol:D, i crack myslef up. but you guys are prolly like, what an idiot.lol:D

ehroof 02-06-2007 08:01 PM

what an idiot

ehroof 02-06-2007 08:02 PM

couldnt help it, had to do it

nitrospeed33 02-06-2007 08:02 PM

hhheeeeyyy, [sm=punching.gif]lol:D

ganjamatik 02-07-2007 07:32 PM

i went to my LHS and tried to see if they had a compatible clutch bell besides the hpi for savage just for the heck of it. nothing would fit, he tried tmaxx 2.5r and all others but the traxxas cb's were generally too small, the only one that did fit was a cb made by kyosho i think, it was for a 1/8, im already getting a new cb in the mail frmo clermont but if it was cheap i thought why not, well it was 26.00!!!!!, man what ever brand kyosho is they are expensive!!!! just thought id share this so people know 4 sure the traxxas clutch bells new or old do not fit.

slicrick 02-08-2007 05:29 AM

no sh#t huh,why is someone always asking for freebies,this is not Goodwill!!!first he was begging for a free pullstarter,now he wants a free clutch bell??how lame is that????Did he get his Redcat free also???

rclynx 02-08-2007 07:51 AM

Since when does GoodWill give anything away? LOL :eek:

nitrospeed33 02-08-2007 09:26 AM

theres this thing in life called a JOKE. ehroof found it funny, i think it really only pissed you off. i dont even need a clutch bell, i was kidding. come, at least some people on here are nice enough to help someone out.:D allaboutfun is a nice guy and he helped me out, so why does that piss you off? just chill. seriously

AllAboutFunHobbies 02-08-2007 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: slicrick

no sh#t huh,why is someone always asking for freebies,this is not Goodwill!!!first he was begging for a free pullstarter,now he wants a free clutch bell??how lame is that????Did he get his Redcat free also???
Hey man, don't jump his ass. He's a good kid with good intentions. There's nothing wrong with asking for freebies, ya never know what your going to find. He asked for someone with a used pullstart to help him, and he got one. Just so happened I had one that was nearly new that was still good. Please don't start an argument about it or post your anger at a member. A few of us (we know who we are) just got over the spamming each other thing and it's neither fun or productive. Please keep the spam comments to our selves.

nitrospeed33 02-08-2007 09:56 AM

thanks allaboutfun. and also, if anyone on here ever needs help and needs a freebie, im happy to help. if i have the part why not? that was one time that i asked and allaboutfun had the part. he was nice ehough to send it. but please, dont get ticked, that was a joke.

bluecaka69 02-08-2007 10:18 AM

A few of us (we know who we are)

LOL that was funny WE KNOW WHO WE ARE :D

rclynx 02-08-2007 11:42 AM

Well the thread is suppose to be about options :D :(