RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Lightning STR UPDATE!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5465223-redcat-racing-lightning-str-update.html)

jcervantes11 05-23-2007 11:34 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Lightning STR UPDATE!!

yea i think ia m stuck with a piece of **** car damn. Redcat Lightning is a

ehroof 05-24-2007 05:19 PM

whats wrong with it? Mine is great, runs like a champ

rclynx 05-25-2007 06:32 AM

Mendota has streets now..................wow its been a long time since I was there;) Lightnings sometimes have a few kinks but they can be worked out pretty easy jcervantes11 if you just tell us what they are [:-]

FlyinGN 05-25-2007 09:08 AM

yea.. My Redcat runs excellent.... Im very happy with it...

jcervantes11 05-26-2007 07:02 PM

:) mendota is full of drugs anyways my lightning is working :). A friend came over and worked on it. He never worked on a nitro car before and he got it working great. He adjested the links and tuned up my motor :). Little sucker flys now. He only flyies rc planes but wow he adjested my car less then an hour including breaks and motor. I think this is a very hard car to drive though. Oh anybody there is one thing, i cant hear my car when it shift gears, cant hear it, is that normal?

ehroof 05-26-2007 08:01 PM

you should be able to hear a change in the rpm's of the motor when shifting. if you can get a video with sound and get it from start to end and we or i should be able to tell you if its shifting or not.

jcervantes11 05-26-2007 08:14 PM

I don't have have a cam but I'll tell you what, its a speedster. One thing i hate is it is very hard to start sometimes, and turns off easily when it is cold.

ehroof 05-26-2007 08:47 PM

you may be running it too rich, try leaning the high speed needle like an 1/8 to 1/4 turn and see if that helps

rclynx 05-27-2007 02:41 AM

I don't have have a cam but I'll tell you what, its a speedster. One thing i hate is it is very hard to start sometimes, and turns off easily when it is cold.
If your ever up the road towards Modesto stop in and say Hi / sounds like your not hitting 2nd, those little buggers like the motor tuned real good to hit it. Listen to ehroof or have your friend take the tips and apply them to the car, you will be suprised................good luck[:-]

jcervantes11 05-27-2007 01:14 PM

modesto pretty far lol. Is there a car club there :). Well I just ran my car keeps on stopping, I ran it rich then lean it a bit. But car
is going pretty fast but yet i don't hear it shift. Maybe mine is a 1 speed? LOL funny thing a cop pulled over and didn't say anything
damn buger is damn loud even if i replaced the muffler. I am using the muffler from helipro black hawk helicopter muffler. INstead that plastic muffs. if it doesnt shift, is it wrong to run it like that?

ehroof 05-27-2007 02:01 PM

no but you can try to spray the shifter with wd40 and adjust the grub shifting screw on it, one is for holding the shifter on and the other is for adjusting shifting times, its in front of the 2 spur gears, silver, you will gave to turnd the tires to see it.

jcervantes11 05-27-2007 02:14 PM

i do have some some 3 in one multi purpose oil, lubricates, cleans and prevents rust. its a 8 oz can, would this works? I think it is
made from wd40. And how does shifter looks and also what is a grub shifting ? I am new in this hobby and only have two cars
a electric rustler and this one. Can you post pics please.

ehroof 05-27-2007 04:21 PM

yeah that oil would work, i will see if i have a picture of the shifter for you.

jcervantes11 05-27-2007 05:05 PM

oh another thing, about the filter, how do i soak it? Can I use 3 in 1 for now for the filter?

ehroof 05-27-2007 05:07 PM

if you must any oil is better than no oil but i would suggest air filter oil, at least heavy weight oil.

jcervantes11 05-27-2007 05:08 PM

thanks for fast reply lol. Let me know how these shift looks. I will look around l8ter too.

jcervantes11 05-28-2007 03:15 PM

Hello guys, I am new to this hobby and I have a lightning from redcat. It doesn't shift gears, yet its a bit fast. Some guy said
it is faster then my other car which its a traxxas rustler. Now I busted two teeth on the big gear of throttle number 6 on the manual which is on 15th page under sleeve pipe of throttle. Can anybody help me to get a new one from different brand and why this happens and how
to fix the tranny to shift on second.

thanks

Chubbysdad 05-28-2007 05:59 PM

Jim look at this thread. Part way down on the first page is a picture. It will show you the grub screws ed is talking about.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42...y_02045/tm.htm

Krazy Matt 03-09-2014 11:23 AM

Hey kno this is an old thread but I'm having issues with my redcat and I'm looking for any info that could help me out from people who kno more than me. I posted a thread about my ussue. Jus fallow my name to the thread and help if anyone can please.