RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Tornado BB (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5541776-tornado-bb.html)

stallone11 03-10-2007 07:49 PM

Tornado BB

Hi all,

First, is it normal when i put my something to block the tornado and put full throttle, the engine increase rpm but wheel wont spin at all. I think that is something with cheap offset clutch bell and clutch itself. What do you think??

I have bought hpi clutch bell with 2 separate gear (hpi #83069, hpi #76977, hpi #76982). Do you think it will resolve a part of my problem?

Second, i am thinking about put some silicone oil in my front and rear diff, which weight will you recommend?

Last, I am living in quebec and here its cold, then is it normal that glow plug igniter (the one inckude in redcat starter kits) dont last more than 10-20 start?

thanks all, your website is very useful ;)

ehroof 03-10-2007 08:02 PM

RE: Tornado BB

it could be that your stock clutch bell broke, i had one break where the teeth meets the bell. You could have stripped a spur gear too. you have to run the car, give it some throttle and see what is happening, i would say inspect the clutch bell first and see if it is broken. you can see this with the engine on the car, you can check the spur gears by turning it upside down and inspecting the spur gears, turn them with your fingers. The grub screws that hold your axle holders in place may be loose, there is one in the front and one in the rear of the transmission.

stallone11 03-10-2007 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

it could be that your stock clutch bell broke, i had one break where the teeth meets the bell. You could have stripped a spur gear too. you have to run the car, give it some throttle and see what is happening, i would say inspect the clutch bell first and see if it is broken. you can see this with the engine on the car, you can check the spur gears by turning it upside down and inspecting the spur gears, turn them with your fingers. The grub screws that hold your axle holders in place may be loose, there is one in the front and one in the rear of the transmission.
Ok, thanks for input but i forget to say that i have inspect the clutch and its ok and spur gear too. All is ok but is the stock clutch able to put enought strenght on clutch bell to start wheel spinning?

ehroof 03-10-2007 08:29 PM

sure

stallone11 03-10-2007 09:00 PM

Is it possible that my offset clutch bell cause that problem?

ehroof 03-10-2007 09:04 PM

when you give it gas does the clutch bell spin?

stallone11 03-10-2007 09:33 PM

sure.

When i turn the clutch bell with my hands, i can see that clutch bell is not perfect round.

ehroof 03-10-2007 09:38 PM

i am a little confused by your question, what do you mean by when you block it with someting the rpms go higher but the wheels dont move. when you unblock it, does it move?

ehroof 03-10-2007 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: stallone11

sure.

When i turn the clutch bell with my hands, i can see that clutch bell is not perfect round.

thats why you have to upgrade to the 2 speed hpi cluch bell

stallone11 03-10-2007 09:41 PM

i am a little confused by your question, what do you mean by when you block it with someting the rpms go higher but the wheels dont move. when you unblock it, does it move?

I put my foot in front of the car when its run on idle then when i give gas, the engine increase rpm and i feel some pressure on my foot put the clutch dont apply enought strenght on clutch bell to start wheel spinning.

Sorry, english is not my first language;)

stallone11 03-10-2007 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: stallone11

sure.

thats why you have to upgrade to the 2 speed hpi cluch bell

Is this fact can lower the pressure the clutch can apply into the clutch bell?

ehroof 03-10-2007 10:20 PM

the hpi clutch bell is hardened steel and wont be out of round or get out of round like the aluminum ones.

stallone11 03-11-2007 09:03 AM

the hpi clutch bell is hardened steel and wont be out of round or get out of round like the aluminum ones.
Ok but is the not round aluminium clutch bell can lower the efficacity of the clutch?

And what about the oil silicone in my diff?

thanks

ehroof 03-11-2007 09:08 AM

once the clutch grabs it grabs, i am sure the steel one is more efficent and the diffs on a torndado are not sealed so oil would drip out, take them apart and grease them good, silicone grease

rclynx 03-11-2007 09:15 AM

Why do you stop your car when you try to gas it. That can burn up the clutch [:'(] if you put your car against a wall no it will not always spin the tires and if you have done that a few times chances are that you have glazed or melted the aluminum clutch down enough that its turned to hard metal and won't work properly [X(] These cars are not ment to be abused like that, there just on the edge of breaking all the time, thats why its such an expensive hobby [:-]

stallone11 03-11-2007 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: rclynx

Why do you stop your car when you try to gas it. That can burn up the clutch [:'(] if you put your car against a wall no it will not always spin the tires and if you have done that a few times chances are that you have glazed or melted the aluminum clutch down enough that its turned to hard metal and won't work properly [X(] These cars are not ment to be abused like that, there just on the edge of breaking all the time, thats why its such an expensive hobby [:-]
`
ok but i do that only one time to see waht happen with clutch!

Is it possible to improve stock clutch by doing something?

Is it possible to spin tire on hard surface when kickon gas?

So there is any way to put heavy silicone oil in diff?

thanks

ehroof 03-11-2007 10:17 AM

you can improve the clutch bell by replacing it with the hpi 2 speed setup and 4146x high stall spring.

if your tires are good it will be hard to spin the tires with knobbies on them ,they grab too much.

you can try to seal the diff with silicone, and try to put diff oil in it, i wouldnt even bother to try since its not made to do that.

You probably burned out your one way bearing while giving it gas and stopping it from going, or you burned you clutch shoes.

stallone11 03-11-2007 06:39 PM

you can improve the clutch bell by replacing it with the hpi 2 speed setup and 4146x high stall spring.

if your tires are good it will be hard to spin the tires with knobbies on them ,they grab too much.

you can try to seal the diff with silicone, and try to put diff oil in it, i wouldnt even bother to try since its not made to do that.

You probably burned out your one way bearing while giving it gas and stopping it from going, or you burned you clutch shoes.
Is it possible to raise up front of car on startup?

I dont think the one way bearing is burned, are you talking about the one in pulled starter?? I dont try to move on gas more than 1-2 sec.

So, nobody try to locked tornado diff?

thanks

ehroof 03-11-2007 06:41 PM

there is a one way bearing in the transmission, in one of the spur gears too

stallone11 03-11-2007 07:29 PM

there is a one way bearing in the transmission, in one of the spur gears too

And what about my other question???

Are you alone on this forum? Nobody else know my answers??

ehroof 03-11-2007 07:42 PM

no problem bro, i will stop answering your questions

stallone11 03-11-2007 10:38 PM

no problem bro, i will stop answering your questions

hein??? Why you will stop to answers my questions? I have asked if someone can give other info.

So, if you want to stop answers, its ok but its not i have asked you!

bye

seedless 04-02-2007 12:22 AM

can someone please tell me the part # for the screw that holds the t-bar on the servo

rclynx 04-02-2007 06:32 AM

I have never seen a number for the screw that holds the horn on (thats a T bar I think) its a machine screw that is related to the servo and not the model. I have them in the servo kits and some of the horn kits. Can someone else help if not I will check on tuesday if theres no answer [:-]

emmanuelcassar 04-03-2007 06:50 AM

I have bought a tornado bb a month ago. It run's very good but a week ago it was not starting at idle. When i put a little throttle it start but when it goes idle it does not. The idle speed is set perfect. When I move it backward i hear a hissing sound from the engine gear. Could this problem be the clutch or the clutch spring??