RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5611110-some-part-missing-change-47-teeth-transmission-gear.html)

stallone11 03-24-2007 06:51 PM

Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear

I have broke some teeth on my 47 teeth gear. I have remove the transmission and take out the two gear. When i try to put the one way bearing into the new gear, the hole is bigger than the old one. Which part is missing? Do i have the right part? My parts is #06032.

thanks

p.s. i have tornado BB

stallone11 03-25-2007 08:59 AM

RE: Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear

nobody?

rclynx 03-25-2007 09:03 AM

Wish I could remember where I saw this problem in the forums but I know I saw it. Ask the guys who sent you the gear they should know :(

ehroof 03-25-2007 12:41 PM

from what i understand, redcat changed the gear or their supplier did so you need a new one way from them, call or go on their support on their website and find out.

BEAR77 03-25-2007 08:35 PM

the traxxas oneway fits but is wider so you may need to do some trimmig,working on that same problem.. shaved some of the bearing & some of the gear ,the hole on the gear needs to be drilled out a little bit than trim some off the gears .
if some one knows a better way please let me know right now im running a single speed from a friends volcano not as fast but works

LorDDarknesS 03-26-2007 03:01 PM

the new bearing should be available from redcat racing as of the 22nd of march but you'll have to call cuz it's not in the online parts guide yet also i used a traxxas hub hex and drilled the hole to fit the one way bearing that came stock and it has worked pretty well with no other mods needed also i just ordered a whole new tranny from rufaster and it came with the new gear AND the new bearing

daveschutt 03-29-2007 10:23 PM

I CALLED REDCAT AND THEY SAID THE NEW BEARING WOULDNT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE FIRST WEEK OF APRIL. I DIDNT WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG TO RUN MY CAR SO I WENT TO THE HARDWARE STORE AND BOUGHT A 9/16 NYLON NUT FOR ABOUT 60 CENTS. THIS FITS IN THE NEW GEARS PERFECTLY. I HAD TO DRILL OUT THE CENTER A BIT TO FIT THE BEARING IN THE NUT ( I FORGOT WHAT SIZE DRILL I USED) AND FILE THE NUT DOWN A BIT BECAUSE IT WAS TO THICK. I PUT IT IN MY CAR AND HAVE RUN ABOUT 10 TANKS WITHOUT A PROBLEM. USE A DRILL PRESS IF YOU HAVE ONE SO THE HOLE IS NICE AND STRAIGHT.