RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   after running put any thing in engine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5724417-after-running-put-any-thing-engine.html)

preston093 04-16-2007 12:29 PM

after running put any thing in engine

i was wondering any of you new people thats into these cars and trucks that after you run it is best to put marvel mystrey oil in the carb and spin the motor overto lube the cylinder now when you go to crank it back up it might take a couple of more pulls but it saves your motor they probley sell some thing else from the hobby store but this is what i use you can get it at walmart and automotive stores its like 2 or 3 bucks for a good size bottle i just take the filter off and just pur maybe half a cap full in it but it really does help so try it if any body else have any suggestions post it on here thanks .jerome.

ehroof 04-16-2007 12:52 PM

RE: after running put any thing in engine

you can use marvel mystery oil but i use after run oil i get from the hobby store, its cheap enough and a bottle last a long time.

preston093 04-16-2007 12:55 PM

cool i thought you could buy it from the hobby store but i have always just used the marvel but it seems like it does help....jerome

ehroof 04-16-2007 01:04 PM

i am not too sure if marvel displaces the water like after run oil does, nitro fuel attracts water, thats why you need to keep your fuel sealed all the time except when getting some in the fuel bottle. also after run stops the fuel left in the engine from gumming up.

slide150 04-16-2007 05:36 PM

i use marvel and it seem sto work fine.....we use it on some of the small parts on the dirt bikes and it work well but i cant vouch for the fuel.....i'll pull my head off and give it a look and also pull the back plate off

preston093 04-16-2007 08:30 PM

well i thought i would throw this topic out here to discuss i figure some of the new guys dont know to use anything but i am also taking one of my motors a part i will check it out to but i have looked in the past and they always looked good to me also my son has run his ninth tank through his tornado xl and so far nothing has broke and still cranks on the first crank not bad so far ehroof

mod_55_fan 04-16-2007 09:59 PM

i use red after run oil from the hobbystore its only like 2.00 a bottle and it lasts an aweful long time i think its actually better for the motor then ur mystery oil stuff but its ur choice

BIGAIRBEN 04-16-2007 10:01 PM

Havent been using anything ...I was under the impresshion that if you use your car often then ya dont need the after oil..Iam i wrong in this thinking?

preston093 04-16-2007 10:09 PM

my mystery oil stuff has been around before they even thought about rc stuff has i guess its a southern thing ha ha ha it is just a lube and gas additive i guy told me about it back in the eighties he would put it in boats he said he had used it for a long time so some other people told me at some tracks in the early ninties so i have always used it so i guess as long as something is in there then its alright jerome

rclynx 04-16-2007 11:58 PM

Your right because it was around before they called it RC, back then it was RFC and its still good stuff for a lot of things but I haven't tried it on any RC things;) it sure works well on air tools:D

srm60 04-17-2007 12:11 AM

I built a sand rail years ago and drowned the engine many times going through puddles and other hazzards. I would put the mystery oil in the cylinders when it was sitting. I never had a problem starting up. My exhaust manifold rusted out. I once pulled the head and the cylinders were pristeen. That stuff was great. Lately I have been using prolong in my vehicles. I havent tried it on my buggy

ehroof 04-17-2007 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN

Havent been using anything ...I was under the impresshion that if you use your car often then ya dont need the after oil..Iam i wrong in this thinking?

if you run every day your ok, i use it at the end of my running day even if i will use the car the next day.