RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Lifetime engine replacement plan / warranty - PISTON SLEEVE - QUESTION for Redcatdan - Tremor 1/16th (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6086319-lifetime-engine-replacement-plan-warranty-piston-sleeve-question-redcatdan-tremor-1-16th.html)

BaLLZaCH 07-08-2007 09:37 PM

Lifetime engine replacement plan / warranty - PISTON SLEEVE - QUESTION for Redcatdan - Tremor 1/16th

Question about the 'WHAT IF's' of the Engine replacement plan.... (Piston and Sleeve)

----

I wasn't paying attention the other day and ran my Tremor to about 315 degrees, oops.
(Needless to say it now has very little compression and will not start when it's warm)

---

LIFETIME REPLACEMENT PLAN QUESTIONS:

#1 - If the stock replacement engine is 'out of stock' will a similar 'in stock' unit be offered at the same price of the desired engine?
-What is Redcats official response to an out of stock engine ?
(Read question 2 for alternate solution)

#2 - WILL REDCAT HONOR THE LIFETIME ENGINE REPLACEMENT PLAN FOR THE PISTON AND SLEEVE COMBINATION ONLY ? If a customer wishes to rebuild their current engine (OR IF THE ENGINE IS OUT OF STOCK) will Redcat offer the piston and sleeve at half price, if the original piston and sleeve are sent back using the details of the ERP ?
-Also, again, as asked above what if these parts are 'Out of stock' ?

#3 - Which ''alternate'' engines would work as a direct-replacement for the models (Specifically Tremor )? ( Such as the .16, etc... )

Also, I would like to see more detailed information explaining the differences, uses, and specs of each engine. For example, why the .07 is more expensive than the .18 BUT the .16 is the same price.... What is the 'actual reason' ? Better manufacture ? Supply and demand ? Differnt mounts ? Which Redcat engines fit which models ? Redcat is clear to state "For the same or any larger engine that you wish" but does not extend the information of WHAT YOU COULD ACTUALLY USE THE ENGINES FOR.

#4 - This question is for the forum, the .07 engine on the Tremor appears to be universal engine used on many China knock-off RC companys right now, as well as some good ones too, ... so does anyone know of piston/sleeve's or upgraded displacement piston/sleeves that would work in this .07 block ? Other than Redcat replacements ? Who actually makes this engine ? Will DRAKE parts work ?

I appriciate everybody's time,
Let me know somehtin' !
Later

Chubbysdad 07-08-2007 09:45 PM

RE: Lifetime engine replacement plan / warranty - PISTON SLEEVE - QUESTION for Redcatdan - Tremor 1/16th

There are some good questions in your post and the only person to answer most of them is Darin. I will email him and get an answer on most of your questions.

BaLLZaCH 07-08-2007 09:57 PM

RE: Lifetime engine replacement plan / warranty - PISTON SLEEVE - QUESTION for Redcatdan - Tremor 1/16th

Cool, thanks Clermont. I figured I would just ''leave it broad'' and just throw it out there without addressing anyone specifically :-)
I appricaite your time bro, thanks.

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-08-2007 11:27 PM

SH makes the .07. Drake engines I THINK will work since they're SH based.

no engines that are a typical small block, such as the .16 and .18 will fit the tremor. if you want the drake engine, it'll fit, but you may need a different header if it's a rear exhaust. I haven't kept up with the micro engines since everything I run now is 1/8.

123michael 07-09-2007 09:49 AM

thunderbirdjunkie you havent been on here in a while whats your ride???;)

BaLLZaCH 07-09-2007 08:33 PM

Well actually ThunderBird, the two engine ''blocks'' are ''identical'' (Seriously, actually identical) - They are both side exhaust, too. ... ohh.., but wait I lied, one has a rotary carb and one has a slide carb ... But very very ''similar'' anyways... :-)

I also learned that you would need crank shaft, piston, rod, and sleeve to make the mod. Might as well get a new engine :-)

Thanks man,

Hey Clermont, have you heard anything from Redcat ? (I'm sorry I keep calling you by your 'States' County Name', lol, but that's all I know you by) haha - ...and dangit I'm not from CANADA, I've been meaning to fix that.... lol...

Later

P.S., REDCATDAN can you research the piston / sleeve ERP plan question ? It would be appriciated. Also Dan, I have 'the parts' boxed up and will mail them 'UPS' ASAP (Because I promised you that I would return them) .. Thanks Dan.

Bye for now.

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-09-2007 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 123michael

thunderbirdjunkie you havent been on here in a while whats your ride???;)
couple Savages, couple beater buggies, still the XXX-NT (and a ragged out Evader backup truck), a new race buggy sometime in the near future...my 1:1 cars (the Jeep, a 1st gen Dakota with a 360 going in it, and a '68 F-250 4x4...Starting to miss my T-bird though) and work have been keeping me occupied for a while. Go figure, I work with toy cars, I play with toy cars...then when I work with real cars, I play with real cars, LOL.

Thanks for clearing that up zach, I'm lost when it comes to the tiny engines since I haven't messed with 'em. being made by SH though, they oughta be solid performers and rock-solid reliable, unless they (SH) cheaped out on materials to make the engine more affordable

123michael 07-10-2007 01:28 AM

ummm yer i play with toys umm verry concerning.pleople think nitro should be faster and sounds good but electric is faster.LOL haaa:D:D

BaLLZaCH 07-10-2007 05:37 PM

Well Thunderbird I hope they last, .... There are some differing opinions between SH's 'other clients' and Redcat as how to break in the engine and the temps to run them at, and I'd say from the last few days experience that Redcat DEFINATELY got it WRONG, as I followed a different method on my other SH eninge identical to the tremor engine, and it PURS nicely - but my Redcat SH is dead after 1/2 quart.

Everybody, For the record, DO NOT RUN THESE ABOVE 220F. Also cool them after EVERY break in tank, and every other tank when bashing.

--

Wow, still no answer from Redcat either about the ERP. I even emailed them directly and waiting for a response. I guess they said '' HRMM, I never thought about that before.... What 'would' we do ?? '' lol ...

I would be interested in the ERP if Redcat would allow this option. ESPECIALLY considering the .07 is OUT OF STOCK anyways.

Thanks

Redcat Nick 07-10-2007 05:58 PM

I sent you an email with the answers to your post but I will post it here.

1- No, All motors are warrantied for %50 of there retail price.

Out of stock engines don't happen to often. But it does happen. But is this case it is a new motor that we haven't had in stock before but it will be in shortly. In some of these rare cases piston and sleeve are sold at %50 off.

2-No we only warranty the engine.

3- The Team infinity .05 is the only other engine that we offer that will fit in the Tremors. I will start working on a chart that shows what motors we offer and what cars they will fit in. The price differences are due to the brand name. Sh is a much better brand the vertex engines that is why they are more money.

G*Man 07-10-2007 07:56 PM

When are you gonna have stock on the SH 28 Nick?

Kemo 07-11-2007 01:14 AM

i wouldn't doubt the drake engine being made by Toki... he's got a good history with engines being manufactured by them.

Redcat Nick 07-11-2007 11:07 AM

We are expecting all 3 of the sh motors next week

BaLLZaCH 07-11-2007 12:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, Nick.
I'm sorry I must have missed the email, my email sucks & unreliable. :-)

Ok, that answers my questions....
But,,,, I do have to wonder, why would you only offer the piston 1/2 ERP price in ''rare'' cases ?? Is it a cost issue on Redcats' behalf ? I.E., bulk lots of enignes cost less than small-stock parts ? I understand completely if this is why, It just bothers me that redcat wouldn't allow a parts ERP 50% off unless there was a significant cost to Redcat's pocketbook. I mean, if you have engine contracts with these motor manufactures, couldn't they also agree to 50% parts ? OR, maybe, Redcat/SH doesn't know the difference in Redcat and non-redcat parts ? Meaning, a piston/sleeve could be pulled from a Wal-Mart car and nobody would know the difference ? ??

Like I said, I'm just wondering.

Thanks Nick !

Kemo, DRAKE is SH.
Later

Kemo 07-11-2007 12:58 PM

what the heck... what happened to the mini's that were going to be made with toki? oh well, toki's true colors must have shown:eek:

He was to have a black crankcase and black head, but that didn't last too long.

In this case... it'd be smarter to get the "drake" engine. Instead of ABN like the .07's are, the .095 is ABC... it'll break in a lot better and will last longer.

I'm goin back into research to find that mini .12 thats somewhere on the market.

Redcat Nick 07-11-2007 01:17 PM

In most cases the motors are only out of stock for a short while. In the case that the motor is out of stock for a longer period of time then the piston and sleeve is warrantied.