RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Monsoon Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6170916-redcat-monsoon-thread.html)

pede_187 01-12-2008 10:25 PM

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

The 1/8 does. I don't think the 1/10's do.

ehroof 01-12-2008 10:28 PM

the monsoon should have a digital fm radio and i think the pro versions and the tsunami ultrawide comes the the digital fm radio too.

5lagd 01-12-2008 10:42 PM

my ultrawide came with the same radio as my exceed 1/10 nitro buggy, an A.M. boohoo:(

ehroof 01-12-2008 10:48 PM

i could be wrong, lol. [:'(]

Redharris 01-12-2008 11:53 PM

Digital FM? That would be cool! I already have a FutabaFM 3PM Radio that I use for my 2 Volcanos. If Monsoon comes w/ FM, I will just kick it down to my buddy Kuppler. He will be Stoked,cuz he is still using the stock AM radio and servos.
Actually, lol, I AM still usin that cheapy stock AM n servos. Im Lookin at that Brand New Futaba ( still in the box ) as I type this post. Gotta get off my butt and remedy that this weekend. But it s 78 degrees here in L.A. and I wanna Play with my Truck, not work on it!

ehroof 01-13-2008 12:12 AM

yeah, i have to run a little tomorrow, i just picked up a used hurricane xp from a guy on the forum here at a great price, waiting on an engine from clermont, just spoke to him today about it so hopefully i will have it by mid week. it has the original .27 infinity and the carb is locked up, wont move.

pede_187 01-13-2008 12:13 AM

I thought you already have a Hurricane?

ehroof 01-13-2008 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i do, just adding another to the collection, this is the one i have and the one i just picked up is the original green one.

motodude11 01-13-2008 11:28 AM

yup the monsoon does come with the digital fm radio but its one of the 27mhz i like my 75mhz futaba much better wish i had another reciever for it [&o]

Fher Raul 01-14-2008 06:24 AM

Guys i remove a lot of parts of my monsoon to clean it but i like to install it back like factory i need to put the shock absorber like factory, any of you remember in what hole i put the screw, i'm talking about the upper side, thanks for all

Macanan 01-14-2008 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Best I can do

Macanan 01-14-2008 06:37 AM

Looks like the third top one from the middle.

Fher Raul 01-15-2008 07:32 PM

Guys i know you love the Redcat monsoon and me too but today i purshase a used Jammin Pro ( the top of the line) with all part but not the engine, two hitech servos, lots of upgrades and boxes of spares parts, 6 set of tires , 4 sets of shocks and springs , diff and more , and the best... i pay only $200.00, i want to install a .28 OS speed on it, i install on it a new receiver for my Spektrum, so i use the same radio for both, monsoon and Jammin, the chassis of the Jammin is bigger that he Monsoon but have a lote of similar parts, . When i finish the installation of engine i put some pictures to compare the tuggys.

Redharris 01-17-2008 10:43 PM

Bought a Monsoon. Awaiting delivery. Comes with one of those rechargeable Hump pack battery.
What kind of Charger do I need to buy?
Are all chargers basically the same?
Will these batteries last longer that the Duracel (non- rechargeables) that I use in my Volcano?
Thanks.....

legine 01-18-2008 06:19 AM

does the monsoon come stock with an aluminium exhaust pipe??
And what are the advantages/disadvantages over the redcat avalanche??

Thanks, Daniel

vnmsgt 01-18-2008 06:57 AM

Yes it does come stock with a aluminum exhaust pipe. I think the advantages over the avalanche are that the monsoon has a lower center of gravity therefore will handle better and run on a track better. Also the monsoon has longer and stronger upper and lower front and rear a-arms than the avalanche which has arms all from the Hurricane buggy. They do have almost the same width but the avalanche uses real wide offset rims ALONG with wheel extensions to get it that wide which is not as good. Everything else is about the same between the 2 trucks.

legine 01-18-2008 07:13 AM

thanks, what would you recommend for just playing around with some buddies. In a park just finding what i can to jump off......if it were you in my position what would you get.

Also, i have a rotostart on my tyranno 1/10........just wonderng if it will fit on the monsoon/avalanche???

Thanks, Daniel

Fher Raul 01-18-2008 10:08 AM

Guy, i want to sale my Monsoon, i need 175.00, please contact me at [email protected], with FM radio, JP1 pipe and header

zeen420 01-18-2008 10:14 AM

not the place for that Fher

vnmsgt 01-18-2008 03:43 PM

Well just broke in my monsoon today after rebuilding my SH.28 motor and it feels good to actually have it able to idle again. I already can tell the power it had lost compared to now being rebuilt. Let it idle for 2 tanks and the ran 2 tanks through it at half throttle. After being down a couple of weeks....New motor....New Losi LPR wheels and tires.... Losi pipe.... new fuel tank.... this sunday at clermonts (dennis') track....[sm=punching.gif] THE RETURN OF THE MONSOON!!!

legine 01-18-2008 04:25 PM

so does anyone know if the rotostart for my HSP tyranno (www.hispeedmodel.com) will fit the monsoon or avalanche??

Also is it possible to change the clutch bell without modification to obatian higher top speed....or does something have to be modified.
And the same question above but for the spur gear instead of clutch bell.

Thanks, Daniel

motodude11 01-18-2008 04:57 PM

[link=http://www.sullivanproducts.com/TigerDriveXrefmainframe.htm]Tiger Drive[/link] Here is the link for Tiger Drive they have a electric starter for everything. I use the inline one with a wand and cordless drill on my monsoon.

Josh

legine 01-18-2008 05:10 PM

thanks but do you know if the one i have will fit the avalanche???

This one:
http://www.plaig.com.au/store/produc...roducts_id=254

Thanks, Daniel

motodude11 01-18-2008 05:41 PM

nope thats why i put up that link for ya

BIGAIRBEN 01-18-2008 10:22 PM

You could just buy a Losi instead of turing the Monsooon into one..Your Moonsoon isnt even a Moonsoon anymore its a Robtrontic-osi-soon LMAO:D