RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Monsoon Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6170916-redcat-monsoon-thread.html)

vnmsgt 10-28-2007 06:31 AM

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

Did you swarm come with the infinity 27. If not where did you get it for 75.00 I think I read that was with shipping right?

wefishtoo 10-28-2007 04:32 PM

I was advised to get it with the infinity 27 not the sh28. Suprasales on ebay US has the engine for $75

twomanytoys 10-28-2007 04:45 PM

SH is way better than infinity.

Chubbysdad 10-28-2007 05:49 PM

Yes I have had both and the sh is better for sure.

vnmsgt 10-28-2007 09:02 PM

I thought infinity made good stuff? Thought for the price it would be a steal for a name brand motor but I guess not. Why do you think it is not as good?

vnmsgt 10-28-2007 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: wefishtoo

The wheels came with the truggy. Poor quality however. The yellow drove me nuts so i tried to remove tyres by soaking in acetone, which i have done many times, but the wheels dissolved. Go figure. Never happened before.
Here is a forum in Australia which is dedicated to the HSP brand where parts are readily available. Look under SWARM. Very helpful and knowledgable guys.
http://www.plaig.com.au/phpbb/index....f0275cba4c66d0

Here are some pics/review i did for the forum comparing my Swarm and the Hyper ST as i was one of two who first got them here in Australia.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/20902392672.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/20902392666.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/20902392635.jpg
I have been looking on this site you put a link to above and it is pretty awesome. I would recommend anyone with a redcat to go look at that site and see for themselves. Has alot of troubleshooting info on and it and the people are extremely helpful just like here at the redcat forums and they are knowledgeable to about the trucks. Just more info to help us all out is all.

wefishtoo 10-29-2007 04:28 AM

The guy that runs the forum, Trevor Lockie, also owns an online store that stocks parts for the truggy, 1/8 buggy,1/8 monster truck and the 1/10 scale off roads. They are based on the Kyosho inferno MP 7.5. I use some of the buggy parts on my inferno gt 1/8 on roads, as in my avtar. Fit perfectly ,1/2 the cost and are quite strong. Check out his online store.

vnmsgt 10-30-2007 10:53 AM

wefishtoo, I just bought a Hyper ST pro after reading the reviews and can't wait to get it!

wefishtoo 10-30-2007 04:23 PM

you will love it. The guys here have used the sts 30 in their kits and found that it really flies.

vnmsgt 10-30-2007 04:39 PM

I have not heard good things about the sts over here. I do not know why but I am always told not to use them. You guys do not have any problems with them? I like the SH motors so far and have been very good to me and are cheap to rebuild pistons and sleeves. Clermont hobby sells the piston and sleeve for about 35.00 or so which is cheap.

trevplaig 10-30-2007 06:52 PM

Hi guys, we have found the infinity 27 engine to be a great reliable option, a few weeks after the first few Truggies arrived we entered in our state titles, we managed a 5th place finish and the top 3 drivers were sponsored (xray, mugen & kyosho). This was our first attempt at any major event and the truggy was only a few weeks old and still testing different setups. We have found that many of the Kyosho ST-R parts are interchangeable and found things such as the Reckward tuning progressive rate springs made alot of difference. The Truggy has the potential to cut it with the best and with more setting up and testing we are confident we can improve next year.

vnmsgt 10-30-2007 07:00 PM

Where can i get those springs and how much are they? I think that is pretty awesome that a monsoon came in 5th in your state titles with the top 3 sponsored. See everyone, this truggy can hang with them all!

vnmsgt 11-07-2007 10:20 PM

So what setups has everyone been running on there monsoons to make the better. Like what diff setting, shock settings, ride height, steering upgrades etc.

ehroof 11-07-2007 10:29 PM

i see i will have to get a monsoon so i can get in on the monsoon thread, i feel left out [sm=cry_smile.gif]

Hey Dennis, i may have to place an order in a couple of days!!!!!!!

twomanytoys 11-07-2007 11:22 PM

Yah why not just add one more to your fleet of rc's!

ehroof 11-08-2007 02:30 PM

why not, you can never have too many rc's

rclynx 11-08-2007 05:46 PM

Maybe the last one you buy before the wife leaves if you don't know how to cook;)

moonsoon 11-10-2007 03:51 PM

My monsoon holds the track record at the dirt oval I race at.The truck is stock except for 60wt shock oil front/rear .I removed the pullstart and put on a backplate,ported the sleeve and it is way fast.

ehroof 11-10-2007 03:53 PM

nice, how hard was it to port the sleeve? what did you do, just round the edjes and make fangs?

BackYardRacer 11-10-2007 04:51 PM

Ok well last night i started the break in process. I did 4 tanks last night. This morning i woke up and did 2 more break in tanks. Then i was done. I let the car rest for about 2 hours . Then i was ready to roll so i started driving and tuning and by about 2 tanks of trying to get it tuned perfectly, i had it running about 250. Is that a little high after a 6 tank break in?? I wasnt worrying to much because i was having so much fun. This thing flies!!!! Im still having trouble controlling it. I was only running like 1/4 to 1/2 throttle because it would just take off!!! i need to take it to a feild because its kinda big for my track.

vnmsgt 11-10-2007 06:10 PM

250 is not high at all and is to me about right. I try and run mine about 250-265 degrees when I can.

BackYardRacer 11-10-2007 06:26 PM

OK great then. now that its broken in and i got it tuned good, i need to go take a run at the track near my house. This track is tough!!!! I wouldnt say its real rough, but its got triples after every corner!!! ( a little exageration ) Im talking like Clermonts tracks triple. Theres atleast 4 or 5 of them, a really long woops section. Ive been there once with my tsunami and i couldnt even double any of the triples. Thats how i broke a bunch of my shocks, i cased all the doubles.

If i ever go i'll deffenetly get my dad or brother to take some video

vnmsgt 11-10-2007 09:34 PM

I would like to see that.

BackYardRacer 11-11-2007 08:41 AM

How do you guys clean your monsoon?? The way I've cleaned my tsunami and tornado is just take the electrics and motor off, and spray it with simple green, then run it under really hot water. After that i wipe off what i can and put it in front of a standing fan. Its been ok with my 1/10 scales but i didnt know if it would be ok with the monsoon cause it has the metal gears and alot more alluminum. Also the crome pipe, can you use like crome shiner or crome polish on it? cause i know after a while it starts to get kind of a rusty look to it, mines already started and ive had it for 2 days.

just feel free to share your cleaning methods. lol.

ehroof 11-11-2007 09:20 AM

never use water or water based products as they will create rust, use wd40 and if you have a compressor or compressed air, spray it off. denatured alcahol works well too but can turn some plastic whiteish, also brake cleaner works well too, just make sure you use the bleachless kind. i have a pretty big compressor so the wd40 does a great job, it makes everything look like new.