RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   What would U reather have Running? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6175589-what-would-u-reather-have-running.html)

jcervantes11 07-30-2007 05:05 PM

What would U reather have Running?

A Tsunami or a Lightning onroad car? If you have both? Would you use an 18 on ur lightning? I am a bit
confuse here because I have both cars, tsunami is alright, but I dont' have the track for it, and I have
the lightning which just needs the two speed tranny which tsunami have. What do you think? I am
far away from dirt track. What would you do if you are in my place? What would u use from tsunami
other then tranny on the lighting from the tsunami? Thank you

Redcat Nick 07-30-2007 05:22 PM

RE: What would U reather have Running?

I have the Lightning and the Monsoon among others. The Lightning is fun and fast but it is only for on road. The Monsoon is fast and fun for off road but no fun on road. So I guess that it is up to you on where you would like to run your car most often. On road is a blast but there is just something about the jumping and the racing that I can't seem to get enough of so I prefer off road but I still race on road to. I know that the Monsoon isn't the Tsunami but it is the closest thing that I have.

AllAboutFunHobbies 07-30-2007 06:04 PM

I'm with Nick I like the on-road cars for drifting, but I love the off road jumping, bashing and all around dirt flinging.

jcervantes11 07-30-2007 06:07 PM

theres no dirt here, or nowhere to jump and parts what i need from tsunami will fit in lightning, i usually drive on road to show
of the speed. LOL Ah wish I can get my licenses but had dui so i am stuck here in town. I have both. Have this happend to ya
guys? Also anybody ever tried an 18 size motor on lightning of the same make of the engine?

AllAboutFunHobbies 07-30-2007 06:21 PM

Ya the a .18 fits and smokes it.

ehroof 07-30-2007 07:03 PM

switch the trans from one car to the other until you get the gears for lightning, they will bolt up 123 and are easy to swap.

jcervantes11 07-30-2007 08:02 PM

um ehroof i also bolted the 18 and its like. Not a good idea. Is there a 10 size motor for me. LOL I need to get her adjested on gear shifting. But i have that lock thread so its hard and its shifting within 2 sec. But car is so......... I think its to fast. I wunder how far it goes with an 18 size motor. It seem its past the 60 maybe 70. Its to fast to be driving full speed.

ehroof 07-30-2007 08:14 PM

lol more like 40-45 but it is fast, i like my lightning

jcervantes11 07-30-2007 09:12 PM

have u tried with an .18? Off you're tsunami Off road car? I bet its over 50. It even ruin my rim. Cheap ass wheel I see.

rclynx 07-31-2007 04:39 AM

Them roads down there are worse than Modesto you probably broke that wheel on a pot hole 6 inches deap....................LOL:eek:

123michael 07-31-2007 07:18 AM

pot hole,LOL haa.we never have no pot holes over hear in england:D:D:D:D

{GBI}Harryball 07-31-2007 09:07 AM

Dirt all the way, no need for on road cars, but if i had your choice i would be in the dirt, sand, whatever i could find. Just my 2 cents :D