RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   trying to decide on a redcat vehicle help plz (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6691013-trying-decide-redcat-vehicle-help-plz.html)

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 03:10 PM

trying to decide on a redcat vehicle help plz

first off ive owned many rc cars xxx4,rc10gt,lx comp,tc3 but my main vehcile i have now is a rd logics sho so im not afraid to order parts because my lhs doesnt carry parts for it. i already have a 1/8th scale buggy that im happy with it has a .28axial som looking for something that runs a smaller more economical motor but is tough and that has ground clearance for bashing.. please understand that i wont really race this vehicle and im looking for a basher and thats what attracted me to redcat is the price.. im leaning heavily on the volcano sv what is everyones take on that truck?

eclipseaudio4 11-29-2007 03:33 PM

RE: trying to decide on a redcat vehicle help plz

I love mine great 1/10 basher has some weak points but all do ie stock shocks. With some upgrades it is a great truck for the money and will take abuse. I'm still trying to kill my stock engine so i can order an OS. I have gotten 25 min runtimes with it just bashing around the yard and driveway. I'm sure plenty of others will have more to say about it.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 03:47 PM

if i got it it would be the sv pro edition would that fix the issues you stated?

ehroof 11-29-2007 03:52 PM

the volcano is a nice truck, its alot of fun and durable, great for bashing, and you just cant beat the price for what you get.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 03:55 PM

im about to pull the trigger on this purchase.. how hard is it to convert to a single speed im not to big on 2 speeds.. and how reliable is the 2 speed tranny and what would be the speed difference given the bells are the same...

ehroof 11-29-2007 04:03 PM

the volcano is a single speed, press the button!!!! :D

twomanytoys 11-29-2007 04:14 PM

Heck just get the avalanche.

ehroof 11-29-2007 04:21 PM

i was thinking that too but he wanted something better on gas

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 04:29 PM

at 30 a gallon id like to own something with less displacement than 1/8th scale.. with the stock pinion how is the low end and high end speed.. i think im dead set on this i just hate pull starts will my rotostart backplate off a megatech .16 fit the team infinity .18?

ehroof 11-29-2007 04:33 PM

i dont know if it would, an hpi for the nitrostar .15 will work, its geared good stock for low and top end.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 04:38 PM

one more question before i buy is there any reviews on this car i cant seem to find any.. i can find videos on youtube which i enjoyed yours of the stx and others but id like a review that can tell me some negative with the positive..but ill prob buy anyway..

ehroof 11-29-2007 04:42 PM

not as of yet, there is going to be or is one in the works but that wont be posted or done for a while. There isnt much negative about it, its really a nice truck. there was a problem with the spur gears stripping but that was corrected with new steel clutch bells. the engine has decent power, its no os but good power. Its durable, good on fuel.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 04:51 PM

im going to buy it for myself for xmas... i appriciate you going out of your way to help me make a decision..

ehroof 11-29-2007 04:58 PM

its no problem, i am here to help, lol. i dont work for the company either, i just help in the support.

Redcat Nick 11-29-2007 05:09 PM

No the roto start won't fit but when i get the roto starts for the SH.18 they will fit. :D they should be in soon.

eclipseaudio4 11-29-2007 05:15 PM

The pull start is really not a prob my engine (VX.18) always fires in four or five pulls I have never had a problem with it so i just haven't changed it. I cant say how well the infinity is but it souldn't be worse since it is the better of the two.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 08:26 PM

ok i thought i was done but question volcano sv non pro or the tsunami truggy?

ehroof 11-29-2007 08:32 PM

either one, i like the volcano peronally, if you get the tsunami, put a single speed in it.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 08:36 PM

what goes wrong with the 2 speed?

ehroof 11-29-2007 08:44 PM

for off road, i would stick to a single speed, 2 speed can just be a headache. i converted all my 2 speed redcat except 1 tornado and the lightning to a single speed.

xxturbowesxx 11-29-2007 08:47 PM

ill prob go with the volcano because im just buying it rtr and leaving it that way.. i have to many "projects" and im looking for something thats going to be reliable and not need constant attention...i just noticed that the tsunami jumped much better than the volcano..

ehroof 11-29-2007 08:53 PM

i dont really know, my son likes to jump the tsunami, they seem to have the same air control though, the volcano is larger than the tsunami and has 8 shocks instead of 4, i think it absorbs the shock of a jump better than the tsunami but they are both great trucks. for all out bashing i think the volcano is the way to go.

secgenffemt 11-30-2007 12:56 AM

the volcano is a good truck i own the sv pro and the only thing i hate about it is the infinity .18 only has one speed needle on it so it is tricky to tune you have to compromise on either take off or top speed but other than that its an awesome truck. this is my first nitro rc so i had some learning curves but other than the engine i love my sv pro, would definiately recommend the sv to everyone thats interested in a volcano

xxturbowesxx 11-30-2007 10:52 AM

im going to get the volcano sv non pro and just see what fails if anything then just upgrade the parts that do break.. how the engine that comes with that one?

Redcat Nick 11-30-2007 11:02 AM

The Vx .18 is a pretty decent engine. Great for bashing but when it goes get the Sh .18. That is a really good engine holds a tune very well starts 1 2 3, and has very good power and performance.