RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Asbestos problem with REDCATS? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6953086-asbestos-problem-redcats.html)

zeen420 01-22-2008 09:18 PM

Asbestos problem with REDCATS?

Well, I was reading another post here and it was saying that some HSP's models ( figured this might include REDCATS ), have asbestos in the brakes or something? just wondering if this has to do anything with the REDCAT models???

ehroof 01-22-2008 09:20 PM

RE: Asbestos problem with REDCATS?

i doubt it, they are metal. lol, where did you read that?

zeen420 01-22-2008 09:22 PM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...page_11/tm.htm

i dunno, just seen it

RCKen 01-22-2008 09:25 PM

Zeen420,
The link you posted doesn't talk about the asbestos.

Here is the correct link. [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6951558[/link]

Ken

vnmsgt 01-22-2008 09:32 PM

I know people are going to talk crap now. Nobody runs behind there car and hits the brakes and then takes a deep breath! LOL I just know some people will make a big deal about it and I am sure those same people probably have a cigarette in there mouth typing at the same time![sm=bananahead.gif]

bash_N_corn 01-22-2008 09:36 PM

HAHAHA good 1 vnmsgt!

TThib 01-22-2008 09:38 PM

Big deal... Just don't go licking your brakes!

Did you know:

Asbestos in Your Car and Local Auto Repair Shop
Asbestos has been a component of brake pads and linings, clutch facings and various gaskets for many years. Millions of brakes and clutches on cars, trucks, and on auto parts shelves still contain dangerous levels of the material, although it is not generally used in the production of new brakes or clutches.

You cannot tell if a brake or clutch contains asbestos just by looking at it. Therefore, auto mechanics and do–it–yourself auto enthusiasts should proceed as if all brakes and clutches contained asbestos.
That smell when you over heat your brakes, or work your clutch to hard... ya, could be asbestos, and you are breathing it.

Edit: LOL! vnmsgt beat me to it! :D

webdr 01-22-2008 09:51 PM

You guys are all wrong...

Asbestos is now considered good for you.

Its the lead in your girlfriends lipstick that ya gotta watch out for...

ehroof 01-22-2008 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: TThib

i like that, lol

zeen420 01-22-2008 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Zeen420,
The link you posted doesn't talk about the asbestos.

Here is the correct link. [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6951558[/link]

Ken
umm when i click on it, it brings me right to the same link you posted........ but anyways, i guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal either, like several already said, dont have any oral contact with them and you should be alright :D

AffordableRC 01-22-2008 11:02 PM

Ooops:eek:, What are the effects??:)

TThib 01-22-2008 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: AffordableRC

Randomly running your RC into inanimate objects such as curbs, mailbox posts, telephone poles, car tires, and sometimes the neighbors Chihuahua. Errrrrr... uh oh, better get myself tested! :)

zeen420 01-22-2008 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: AffordableRC

Randomly running your RC into inanimate objects such as curbs, mailbox posts, telephone poles, car tires, and sometimes the neighbors Chihuahua. Errrrrr... uh oh, better get myself tested! :)
LOL, ummm....if thats from asbestos, i should have been to the doctors along time ago.. seem to have the same problem with real cars,bycicles, motorcycles, atv's....... basically im accident prone :D:D

Redharris 01-23-2008 12:05 AM

Heh. Heh....
These vehicles are made in CHINA guys.....
There is probably LEAD in the Paint, DIOXINS in the Plastic, and God Knows whats in the CHROME on the Wheels.
LOL....Whats a little asbestos after all that? LOL....
P.S and what about the Fuel... Nitro Methane ? I dont even Know what that IS, but im guessin it aint good for puttin on your Cheerios!

zeen420 01-23-2008 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Heh. Heh....
These vehicles are made in CHINA guys.....
There is probably LEAD in the Paint, DIOXINS in the Plastic, and God Knows whats in the CHROME on the Wheels.
LOL....Whats a little asbestos after all that? LOL....
P.S and what about the Fuel... Nitro Methane ? I dont even Know what that IS, but im guessin it aint good for puttin on your Cheerios!
LOL very true, but aren't the majority of any "brand name" and "lower brands" made somewhere in china?

kuppler 01-23-2008 12:20 AM

90% of anything is made in china..lol...
6% of other stuff is made in Indonesia
3% other stuff made in Mexico
1% other stuff made in the USA...
lol.. thats about it.. dont quote me on this i might be wrong.. :D:D:D (i think i am but its a good joke..[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]

zeen420 01-23-2008 12:26 AM

lol, i would have to say i agree with you lol maybe throw a %5 made in Canada :D:D

TThib 01-23-2008 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: zeen420

lol, i would have to say i agree with you lol maybe throw a %5 made in Canada :D:D
No, no... After we get sick from all those other products being made from stuff thats bad for you, we order our medicine from an online Canadian drug store! So your all set.

codokas 01-23-2008 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: webdr

]

LOL-I like that one too.For 42 years I was a auto tech and also worked on buses.That was my full time job,then I had my own auto repair business..and I'll take a guess here that I've done over 5 thousand,messy,filthy brake jobs,with asbestos dust flying all over the place-I'm 63 and still here and healthy <G>..If there is a small amount of asbestos in the redcat brakes- let me know.I'll buy some spares and put them on my cereal tomorrow LOL
DOUG

zeen420 01-23-2008 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: codokas

ORIGINAL: webdr

]

LOL-I like that one too.For 42 years I was a auto tech and also worked on buses.That was my full time job,then I had my own auto repair business..and I'll take a guess here that I've done over 5 thousand,messy,filthy brake jobs,with asbestos dust flying all over the place-I'm 63 and still here and healthy <G>..If there is a small amount of asbestos in the redcat brakes- let me know.I'll buy some spares and put them on my cereal tomorrow LOL
DOUG
LOL!!! oh man this is hilarious lol

codokas 01-23-2008 12:38 PM

LOL!!! oh man this is hilarious lol
[/quote]

LOL-YEP! I'm a whack job alrightee LOL
But! I'd be more worried buying some lead tained thing fromWalMart LOL
DOUG

RCKen 01-23-2008 04:04 PM

This thread has pretty much gone way off topic. I'm going to lock the thread.

Ken