RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Tornado not shifting into second gear (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6978488-tornado-not-shifting-into-second-gear.html)

dannysanchez73 01-27-2008 02:07 PM

Tornado not shifting into second gear

Ive got a tornado, the gears had gotten stripped and i orderd both on the redcat website. I have installed them but the car is not shifting into second gear. Nothing is binding or overtightend. What could be the problem?

tri_county_racing 01-27-2008 02:11 PM

RE: Tornado not shifting into second gear

At the bottom on the trans there is a 2 Hex screws, One is to adjust the shift point and the other is to hold it to the shaft. Adjust the one that sits in there loose counterclockwise so it will lower the shift point.

kuppler 01-27-2008 02:23 PM

that should work..... my buddy has a tornado BB and its set so the 2nd gear wont start. hes new to RC's and right now its FAST... i dont want him to BUST it again. and do more Damage then what he did to it before in the break in process... lol... so right now he only has 1 gear. its best for him.. and me cuzz i wont have to fix it right away..

Macanan 01-27-2008 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: dannysanchez73

Ive got a tornado, the gears had gotten stripped and i orderd both on the redcat website. I have installed them but the car is not shifting into second gear. Nothing is binding or overtightend. What could be the problem?
Unscrew the one that says this is the one for 2 speed a little, not to much because you don't want to lose the grub screw and spring that set's in it.

TNIGS 01-27-2008 06:25 PM

i cant seem to get my tornado to go well in 2end gear. it dosent rev up in 2. almost seems like its to high geard for the engine. i have tryed playin with the shift ajustment screw but it dosent matter how hig i get it to rev before it shifts, it still seems to bog a little in 2end gear. any sugestions on how to fix this???

Macanan 01-27-2008 08:50 PM

Could be that its already in second, you could have a bad 2 way drive clutch.

TNIGS 01-27-2008 09:05 PM

no i can hear it shift

dannysanchez73 02-01-2008 12:01 AM

Well i adjusted the shift screw counter clockwise....but it still not shifting. Im wondering if its already in second and not hitting 1st gear. Its has a delay when i hit the throttle and takes its time to get to max speed, which is not fast at all.
oUt of curisoity, would the servo wires have anything to do with it?

ehroof 02-01-2008 12:03 AM

your probabaly stuck in second gear by the sounds of it, turn the shift screw clock wise 1 turn at a time and see if it starts to work. one turn and drive, one turn and drive. the servo only controls the throttle and brake.

sassy123 04-18-2011 10:44 AM

i am having same problem car starts to mave for like the first 12 seconds then if i stop or sum it shuts of then i start it up and it only gose like 5 mph im frusirated i just got it pleas helphttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...msn/crying.gif

electricrc68 04-18-2011 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: sassy123

i am having same problem car starts to mave for like the first 12 seconds then if i stop or sum it shuts of then i start it up and it only gose like 5 mph im frusirated i just got it pleas helphttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...msn/crying.gif
is your idle set correctly? also, have you finished the break in process?
<br type="_moz" />

sassy123 04-18-2011 11:08 AM

i know the brake in prosess in done idk if idle is set corectly can u set a pic explaining wt to do pleas

sassy123 04-18-2011 11:10 AM

i know the brake in prosess in done idk if idle is set right may u set a pic explaining wt to do

electricrc68 04-18-2011 11:24 AM

well i don't have the tornado, but i am getting a shockwave in the summer. when you remove the air fliter there should be a screw that you can use. here, try the video on this page that says "why engine revs right after starting." he will show you how to adjust the idle.<div>
</div><div>http://www.redcatracing.com/informat...Pw2!1806043839</div>

sassy123 04-18-2011 11:27 AM

ok i will look at the video and if it dosnt work wt should i do just go ahead and take it in to shop or should i just ask more people what the prob is

electricrc68 04-18-2011 11:32 AM

i would ask but its up to you :)

sassy123 04-18-2011 01:12 PM

ok i was wondern how u know that the red cat is shifting properley becuse i think i fixed it and how do u know that its properley tuned

nitrosportsandrunner 04-18-2011 01:29 PM

dont forget that these trannies wont shift if the engine doesnt hit high enough RPMs.
if your fuel mixture is too rich, it just wont rev high enough to cause the tranny to shift, even if the tranny is set right.

electricrc68 04-18-2011 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: sassy123

ok i was wondern how u know that the red cat is shifting properley becuse i think i fixed it and how do u know that its properley tuned

well you could probably hear it shifting, and for the proper tuning, the link i gave you to the videos, it has it in there. but you just need to listen to the engine and it will tell you. and as nitrosportsandrunner said, if its not tuned properly enough, like if its too rich it won't shift. thats why im getting the single speed shockwave because i feel comfortable running nitros at a rich setting :D
<br type="_moz" />

sassy123 04-18-2011 03:19 PM

ok well wich way do i turn the gold one on top or what

electricrc68 04-18-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you turn the HSN, or in other words, the high speed needle.

this is not my picture. i found it on google images.<br type="_moz" />

sassy123 04-18-2011 04:35 PM

idk id did evreything it still dosnt work

electricrc68 04-18-2011 04:41 PM

wait whats not working the shifting or the shutting off?

sassy123 04-19-2011 11:49 AM

well idk it might be shift but just took it in

sassy123 04-19-2011 12:55 PM

ok nvm they dnt look at those kind of cars idk wt to do