RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Engine comparaison, need personnal experience!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/7082663-engine-comparaison-need-personnal-experience.html)

stallone11 02-15-2008 10:12 PM

Engine comparaison, need personnal experience!!!

Hi all,

I am searching since a long time the complete spec for Team infinity .21 et .27 engine. I have found that max rpm for .27 is around 40500rpm but nothing about hp. A have found nothing about Team infinity .21 too.

If you dont find more infos like me, maybe someone could be able to compare both engine with the SH-28. I know that .21 is suppose to offer less performance compare of 2 other engines, but i am hope to have comparaison like: .21 offer less acceleration than SH-28 but have a lot more top end or top speed and same thing for .27 engine.

Dont be shy, any experience may be usefull for all of us who like to have more infos before buy an engine.

Maybe someone have experience with the SH-18 compare to the VX-18 or team infinity .18.

If you want to post you personnal experience, please take time to give us these infos:

1) Which vehicule you have
2) What is the clutchbell gearing
3) Have you add parts to add more power to your engine? If yes, please give us which parts you have add.

Please give us same infos for the vehicule you compare with.

I am very enthousiast that topic would be pertinent and usefull if all of us take time to explain correctly the circumstance and all the infos i have ask to give us.

Thanks in advance for all of you who want to participate to this topic.

Regards

Sebastien

Nitro Speed RC

triggeraa 02-15-2008 11:14 PM

RE: Engine comparaison, need personnal experience!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Team Infinity 27S Nitro Engine

The TEAM INFINITY 27S NITRO ENGINE is fully made in Japan using the latest design software and manufacturing equipment this engine is as solid as they come. This engine is made by TOKI as OEM for Team Infinity. The TEAM INFINITY 27S is pull-start and has adjustments for idle and top-end providing precise tuning for maximum output and reliability while continuing to be beginner friendly. The engine is very light yet sturdy where it matters. It is one of the easiest engines to start that I have ever used. Comes with a smaller than average, but no less durable pull-start and extra large access to the glow plug so any plug spanner will fit!

All TEAM INFINITY engines have been designed and developed by industry experts using only the latest CAD/CAM technologies in order to produce a superior product. All major engine components have been machined from only the highest quality materials using state of the art CNC equipment. The TEAM INFINITY 21S comes complete with dual ball bearings, ABC construction with pull-start fitted.

With an enormous RPM band this engine has more than enough performance for that project buggy or truck at a price that you may not believe. Very durable and long lasting engine with a complete range of spares available.

Team Infinity 27S Specifications:

Engine Size .27(4.43ccm) ¡¡ ¡¡
Exhaust Rear
Bore 18.5mm
Stroke 16.5mm
Liner ABC
Number of Ports 3 + 1
Crankshaft 13.0mm/SG Shaft
Crankcase ¡¡
Piston Fully CNC Machined, high-silicium alloy
Connecting Rod ¡¡
Glowplug Standard
Carburettor Slide
Power Output* 2.8PS
Max RPM* 40,500
Weight 392g

I run this engine in my Himoto Rancho Pro, same as the Redcat Earthquake HSP Tornado ect. I have the 12T clutchbell. Very good motor, lots of power. Seems to have a bigger top end than the SH28 engine. Very easy to start and holds its tune. I aslo installed a backplate for the EZ start system and a 2 stage air filter.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ent=HI6202.flv

Redharris 02-17-2008 04:21 AM

I have a stock VX .18 and it is quite a bit Slower than my buddies Stock SH .18.
I also have a Modified VX .18 (air filter, header, Tuned pipe) and it is MUCH faster than the stockie.
The SH .18 seems to hold a tune a bit better than the VX .18. Both run at the same temps. Both will idle well, with a proper tune.
My Vx's seem to start a bit easier than my buddies SH, but that may just be the way I Prime my engines.
Sorry, no Dyno numbers to give ya, just my personal observations.

ehroof 02-17-2008 09:43 AM

hey triggeraa, infinity is out of business, no more engines from them.

triggeraa 02-17-2008 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, already new that. They have enough stock on engines and parts to provide support for another 10 years.:D My MRC Thunder King went out of production 14 years ago yet I still run it.:) Also have some 10 year old brushed motors that run very well. Just because its out of production does not mean its a worth while product or that support and parts are not available.;) The Team Infinity engines are very capable, inexpensive and easy to tune.

ehroof 02-17-2008 10:05 AM

i agree i run some vintage stuff to but i dont think you will be able to get engines and parts for 10 years, there was a shortage already of engines that caused some problems with shipping of rc's. I have 2 .27 infinity engines, they run good, its a shame they went out of business. I have a brand new one, waiting to be broken in, i am going to put it in a tornado bb.

triggeraa 02-17-2008 10:12 AM

Actually after doing some research on the subejct I found out that Toki which manufactured Team Infinity engines is not out of business. Toki is owned by Shuwa Industies. They were aquired by MECOA and will keep building these engines, probably under the Mecoa name. MECOA is an American company. Non the less the same parts and engines, just different label/owner. There should be parts and new engines coming along.

MECOA: Model Engine Company of America

We are K&B Manufacturing, HP, HB, MECOA, RJL, and FUJI Model Engines

MECOA buys SHUWA/TOKI Engines

Please contact us at [email protected]

Shuwa Industry has been aquired by
MECOA - Model Engine Corporation of America
1630 South California Ave
Monrovia, California 91016

ehroof 02-17-2008 11:47 AM

i run k&b on my boats and planes, they are an excellent engine, i havent heard anything about the aquiring infinity but i do know there is a shortage of engines due to the fact that infinity closed their doors

stallone11 02-17-2008 08:23 PM

Thanks all, its really appreciate!

stallone11 02-19-2008 07:27 PM

other else??

tommie! 02-20-2008 03:20 AM

Hey, why did Infinity go out of business?

I have all 3 engines. The .21,.27 Infinity and the .28 SH.

I find the Infinity engines to be quite good. The .27 has more midrange punch but top end between the .21 and .27 seem similar on the 2 Bazooka buggies.

The .28 SH is also good but I am on my second engine prematurely due to the idle needle tip breaking off and causing the throttle to jam open causing a runaway. The .28 screams at the top end. I would say the SH revs higher but I cannot say it puts out more horsepower or torque due to the fact I have the SH on a truggy compared to the buggy.

Tom

triggeraa 02-20-2008 12:00 PM

Here is what was posted on another board rdlogics website:

"RDLogics proudly announces that Team Infinity products will be exclusively distributed in North America by RDLogics.

Team Infinity has over 20 years of OEM and ODM expertise and is renowned for their precision and quality craftsmanship. Just about every top brand name in the R/C industry counts upon Team Infinity for a part of their product line. Team Infinity combines innovative designs with state of the art technology to offer the best values possible.

Currently, Team Infinity and RDLogics are working on a complete line of option parts for the Traxxas Revo, as well as option parts for all the other popular car kits.

http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...egory=Infinity

This may be old info. I have not found any info concerning Team Infinity going out of business or why.