RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Bumper for tornado pro (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/7103824-bumper-tornado-pro.html)

xhalted1 02-19-2008 08:33 PM

Bumper for tornado pro

Where can you find a front and rear bumper or equivalent...Also is it recommended to use a fuel filter on this car and I have seen different wings available as well,can you please post where to find......This is my first nitro car and it is starting to get fun.......had problem with the tuning in the infinity engine and took it to mu lhs and they tuned for five dollars and it runs like a striped blank....You guys have always been helpful thanks for all the support....

firebird78 02-19-2008 10:53 PM

RE: Bumper for tornado pro

yeah I'd use a fuel filter...both mine have em....not sure on the rest ur questions

xhalted1 02-20-2008 12:48 AM

Thanks for the info so far.I will be getting one then....

firebird78 02-20-2008 01:02 AM

theres a fuel filter in the tank...but I like added protection....man is the kansas peeps coming outta the woodwork or what??...lol

xhalted1 02-20-2008 07:58 PM

yeah we are coming at ya...lol,lol...Where is lewis kansas anyways.....Just bought a torando pro for 200.00 thought that was a good deal but this is my first r/c car and i am lost..no directions no help with the setup of the newer digital controller...but i have to say it looks killer and just broke it in and runs great.i just need to find some bumpers for the rear and front to help prolong the life of it..lol.....

firebird78 02-20-2008 08:16 PM

im north west of u, about 2 hrs...about 45 min. straight east of dodge city..I buy my fuel from hobbietown there in wichita..lot of good support here...its the best...im new to rc as well...I didnt like the fm..I run a jr xs3, I got it used cheap..plus I can change to 30 diff channels.....I got a hurricane pro and a lightning..in one the stickies on top of page one theres alot of good info...make sure to put ur engine at bdc after you run it..sicky is "support for all models"..anyways glad ur here and look foward to learning this great hobby with ya...

xhalted1 02-20-2008 11:56 PM

Does it have to be at bdc everytime or just during break in period....Thanks for all the help so far...I am taking the car into hobbytown to have them tune it....

firebird78 02-21-2008 12:06 AM

after I toasted my engine after just a gallon maybe more iput mine at bdc all the time..lol....I assume if you leave it up top..as the engine cools the metal starts to shrink...thus if the piston is up top one shrinks faster then the other and wham u loose your pinch..no more compression...and iffin ya dont have a temp gun get one...range is 200 to 260 deg.