RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Woot (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/7136376-woot.html)

need2drag 02-25-2008 06:40 PM

Woot

Got my Monsoon today as well as my parts for the Tornado. Thanks Derrik. Now for the bad news, seeing hows I always seem to have some. I strained a muscle in my neck and can't move my head at all, so it looks like I will have to wait a couple of days to do the break in. Even with not being able to play, and being in pain, I am still in a great mood. Just wanted to update everyone...oh yeah...I didn't realize how HUGE it was going to be. Looks great though.

firebird78 02-25-2008 06:50 PM

RE: Woot

congrats....get well soon...

need2drag 02-25-2008 07:23 PM

I am trying. The doctor was worried that I might have Manengitis(sp)...but they are pretty sure that I don't. That is definitely a good thing. I am planning a good day at dad's on Saturday, and after talking to him earlier, he should have his new motor broke in, and I should have mine broke in too, so we should be good to go. I am going to have either my wife or my mom record us.

need2drag 02-25-2008 07:50 PM

I just remembered. I got a bag of what look like bushings and spacers with my Monsoon. What exactly are those for?

firebird78 02-25-2008 07:54 PM

spacers for your shocks....when u adjust your shocks u snap them over it

need2drag 02-25-2008 09:02 PM

that is what I thought, but I figured I better ask before I mess something up. Thanks bro.

kuppler 02-25-2008 09:17 PM

Congrats on the new Monsoon....... Get some Pics and videos up when you get better....

AffordableRC 02-25-2008 09:22 PM

Congats on the new toy!!! Post up some pictures of that bad boy!

PS: Hope you feel better man.

need2drag 02-25-2008 09:37 PM

Thanks everyone. I feel a little better, but that might also be the drugs. yummmm... I will take some pics of it tomorrow and post them up, will have to wait for Saturday for video though.

kuppler 02-25-2008 09:47 PM

pics will be good for now... dont rush urself to get vids.. if you cant get it done.. dont rush... dont want to hurt yourself any more then you are...

need2drag 02-25-2008 09:49 PM

Yeah I know. The only driving I plan on doing around here is the break in. After that it is nothing but wide open spaces for the Monsoon. I was thinking about buying an extra body and some rims, and painting them all black, that way when I race dad, I can tell him it is ready for his beating I am going to give him. What do you guys think about an all black Monsoon?

mrlee2071 02-25-2008 09:56 PM

Sounds awesome, maybe a couple of Cobra stripes down the middle. In blood red or Indiglow blue.
Get better soon,
Lee

need2drag 02-25-2008 09:58 PM

I was wanting to stay all black...kind of like a whole murdered out theme. Not sure yet though. I am a rather patriotic person, so I like the flag coloring it has. Might save the money from the body and wheels, and buy some spare parts. Heck, I need to go sometime this week and get another bottle of fuel. We will see what happens.

mrlee2071 02-25-2008 10:00 PM

Got ya, sounds cool.

need2drag 02-25-2008 10:07 PM

yeah, we will see what happens though, I need to try not to worry about looks until I have some spare parts gathered up. I found this really nifty box at Harbor Freight I might buy, to carry my Transmitters and parts in. Not too sure yet. I gotta think about stuff like that since I can't really drive around my house.

firebird78 02-25-2008 10:24 PM

spare parts are a must....spare fastners too....going over my redcats...will be placing an order of fastners to make them hex head throughout

need2drag 02-25-2008 10:27 PM

Yeah...that is the plan for my next purchase, is a bunch of spare parts. I think the wife is going to make me wait until the tax credit check gets here in May though.

AffordableRC 02-25-2008 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We must have the same style, I would say go for it on the all black Monsoon. Keep one as your race body and one as your shelf queen body.;)

Here is my murdered out Tornado BB.

firebird78 02-25-2008 10:47 PM

I plan on doing all black with my cane.....well except for some good ol' k-state purple flames......lol

need2drag 02-25-2008 10:49 PM

Yeah I seen that BB in your video. That thing is sick looking. Kinda made me want to do mine like that. We will see what happens though. Anyway, I need to take my kinked neck butt to bed. I leave with a little good news. After feeling the meds take affect I went out on my back stoop, and decided to see how easy it would start. Filled her up with Nitro, put the ignitor on it, and 2 easy pulls later, she was humming beautifly. It was rather exciting to hear her run. Ok, time to take my butt to bed. Talk to everyone tomorrow I am sure.

AffordableRC 02-25-2008 10:51 PM

Good luck trying to fall asleep with the thoughts of your Monsoon buzzing around in your head!! LOL Hope you feel better man!

5lagd 02-25-2008 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
anyone ever try to paint their car like Lightning McQueen off of the movie cars? That would look incredible. Maybe i should try?

Found some pics, dont know what kind of car though. Wonder how it would look on my Tsunami Ultrawide

firebird78 02-25-2008 11:37 PM

lol.....I could have a mator hurricane...now that would rock....and yeah im bein serious..lol

twomanytoys 02-25-2008 11:43 PM

Lightning McQueen truggy is friggin awsome. Would love to show up at a race with that paint job.

5lagd 02-25-2008 11:56 PM

think i might try it but gonna have to paint the outside of the shell. im not good enough to paint the inside.lol