RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Who ran what this weekend. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/7199734-who-ran-what-weekend.html)

ehroof 03-09-2008 05:23 PM

Who ran what this weekend.

Hi guys,

i havent did one of these posts in a while, who ran what?? I didnt run of course, rain all day saturday and cold and windy all day today. Its March though so something should give soon. How's everyone been?

Eddie

need2drag 03-09-2008 05:24 PM

RE: Who ran what this weekend.

been good eddie. I posted a video in another thread (bashing) of me running my Monsoon today. Also ran my Tornado a little. I had a pretty good day of bashing.

pede_187 03-09-2008 05:26 PM

it's been a week since I have run anything. I'm going into electric/nitro withdrawal[:o]

waiting for clermont to get me my parts

firebird78 03-09-2008 05:27 PM

ran my cane....shoulda stayed home...lol...broke a servo horn and that shut me down..lol..a freakin servo horn...replaced a hub and a front upper mount but I dont have a spare servo horn [:@]

Chubbysdad 03-09-2008 05:48 PM

pede they arrived sat. I will send an invoice monday morning.
and ship out asap.

pede_187 03-09-2008 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

pede they arrived sat. I will send an invoice monday morning.
and ship out asap.
Yay

ehroof 03-09-2008 06:13 PM

Great guys!!!! Dont feel bad pede, i havent ran in over 3 months.

webbl19 03-09-2008 06:19 PM

I have been trying to run today, but as you can tell in my PM's i am having problems. Sucks to cause it is in the 50's!!!

a4d2a0m 03-09-2008 06:22 PM

Bashed my SV out in the snow today, snow jumps rock! Last night we got 50cm of the damn stuff! 3 hrs. plowing with a tractor = 1 hr. of bashing time!.......By the way anybode else notice the stock shock oil gets REALLY thick in the cold.........or does it even make a difference if you change it?

pede_187 03-09-2008 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

3 months! I did that once and i don't know how I survived

ehroof 03-09-2008 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: a4d2a0m

Bashed my SV out in the snow today, snow jumps rock! Last night we got 50cm of the damn stuff! 3 hrs. plowing with a tractor = 1 hr. of bashing time!.......By the way anybode else notice the stock shock oil gets REALLY thick in the cold.........or does it even make a difference if you change it?

silicone oil will be better in different temps since the temps wond effect it as much.

mrlee2071 03-09-2008 07:24 PM

Hey Eddie,
Got my Hurricane back together Thrusday, ran Saturday at the local school yard baseball diamond. 70 degrees and sunny (got to love this Ca. weather), lots of dust, dirt and good times. Hurricane ran flawless.
:D

need2drag 03-09-2008 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

3 months! I did that once and i don't know how I survived
Heck, I don't see how I could have gone so long with out them, now that I have some. I didn't realize what I was actually missing out on until I got my Tornado. Now I own 2, and it is great. I will probably have to wait until next weekend to do anymore driving, and I know that is going to suck. My dad gave up on his condor and gave it to me for spare parts. alot of the parts from the condor match up, so I pretty much have a whole car worth of spare parts.:D:D yippee

xhalted1 03-09-2008 07:39 PM

It was mid 60s and awesome...Ran for 3-4 hrs..then????uh oh....Broke the hub and bent the a-arms and busted my wing in a spectacular cart wheel that lasted it seemed a minute...wish i could have had camera......But re-ordered all online and should be in business by next weekend...........

perhamrocks 03-09-2008 07:40 PM

Why would you do that to yourself?!?

mrlee2071 03-09-2008 07:42 PM

Nice; it seems that this hobby can get a little expensive. With money comes amazing fun though.... It's almost as fun to put them back together.

firebird78 03-09-2008 07:46 PM

just a little...I done picked out my next 5 or so...before I got my cane the best car I ever had was a radio shack golden arrow...I was like 16...always wanted a nitro and just got my first in jan..im hooked and goin broke...lol

xhalted1 03-09-2008 07:55 PM

Yes it is fun...Thats why i chose redcat as well cuase there parts alot more reasonable.....Think I might go with a monsoon in may......has anyone heard of real mcoy mc59 plugs..Thats what my lhs sold me and said they were great or should i stay with the a3s....

Cam_132 03-09-2008 07:57 PM

I ran my bb no vid becouse my camra is broken :(. When i was runing today i Blew the diff agan! rear this time the gears are striped... so i have to order 2 more difs, bent my shock towers ( i am ordering thicker ones), and bent and broke my rear right dog bone... so it was a rough day... put about 5 to 10 tanks of fuel through it (well more like 8 and a half). so atleast my buggy is runing good and it was runing in the mid 230's so i had it tuned right (i presume)... so i will be makeing ither a trip to my Local redcat dealer (Redcat-vancouver) or be puting in a order to allaboutfunhobbies... and clermont are you shiping to canada yet?

ehroof 03-09-2008 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mrlee2071

Hey Eddie,
Got my Hurricane back together Thrusday, ran Saturday at the local school yard baseball diamond. 70 degrees and sunny (got to love this Ca. weather), lots of dust, dirt and good times. Hurricane ran flawless.
:D

great to hear bro!!!! make some video

ehroof 03-09-2008 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: perhamrocks

Why would you do that to yourself?!?

between my wifes illness, work and the weather, it just never seems to work out.

webbl19 03-09-2008 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: xhalted1

Yes it is fun...Thats why i chose redcat as well cuase there parts alot more reasonable.....Think I might go with a monsoon in may......has anyone heard of real mcoy mc59 plugs..Thats what my lhs sold me and said they were great or should i stay with the a3s....

Never tried that one but i always get the mccoy #8 plug and it works pretty good.

xhalted1 03-09-2008 08:10 PM

Don't give up the r/c gods will soon be doing all they can..lol....

xhalted1 03-09-2008 08:11 PM

I am lost on this one.....I guess i will try and try and see what works best...Thanx for the heads up

TThib 03-09-2008 08:16 PM

Hehe, funny you should ask Eddie...

Really my first good bash session with my Hurricane Pro. 2 hrs of beating the heck out of the poor thing! I ran in an old sand/gravel pit that is starting to be developed with houses, needless to say it's less than optimum for a buggy. Kinda rough and rocky... She ran real good and fast even though I need to do some fine tuning (think she read at or below 200 the whole time).

Damages:

- Underneath got the hell beat out of it...
- Busted the front bumper on a "small" rock...
- Had a high speed head-on with my buddies Revo and I think I took the worst of it. Snapped a steering link(tie rod), sheered off the screw that goes from the upper arm to the steering hub, and blasted the upper arm ball. The Revo? I forcefully debonded the ca glue from his big honking tire and yanked it off the rim.
- Got her real dirty [:o]

Was fun though! :D

I need to get the remainder of that screw out of the steering hub, order some parts and I'll be good as new. I'll be asking some questions about that upper arm ball in a separate thread.