RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Anybody have some Volcano shocks? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/7267477-anybody-have-some-volcano-shocks.html)

Lordmik 03-22-2008 09:57 PM

Anybody have some Volcano shocks?

I tell you what, I've bent more dang shocks this weekend than I ever have before. I bent one on my converted to electric Tornado, and now I've bent three on my converted to nitro Volcano. I just can't win. LoL Anybody got some old junk stock plastic ones they wanna send me? LoL Most of the oil leaked out of mine a while ago, just need something to bounce with that won't hang up. :D

Macanan 03-22-2008 10:27 PM

RE: Anybody have some Volcano shocks?

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry about this Redharris but someone is in need, Hey Lordmilk how about a set of brand new stock T-Maxx 3.3 shocks never been used, comes with the shock spacers that came with it that never been opened ? THIS IS NOT A SALE IT IS A GIFT FOR SOMEONE IN NEED !

Lordmik 03-22-2008 10:57 PM

Wow, that would be sweet!!! Are you serious?

Lordmik 03-22-2008 11:22 PM

A thousand times thank you, Macanan.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Macanan 03-22-2008 11:40 PM

I only wish more people could learn to help out others as I do for though's who really need help with things like how I do when I can. We are a family here and family members don't let each other down, we are all Redcat brothers and share the same love of nitro and when one's down one should help the other. :D

jumpanddrop 03-22-2008 11:44 PM

lol ok macanan. i need a avalanche, monsoon and a new ultra wide and i would like it at my house by monday:D:D. lol, you will like those shocks lordmik, they will improve the handling of the truck.

firebird78 03-22-2008 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Macanan

I only wish more people could learn to help out others as I do for though's who really need help with things like how I do when I can. We are a family here and family members don't let each other down, we are all Redcat brothers and share the same love of nitro and when one's down one should help the other. :D

so very true...a few times in the short period of time I've been on here I have sent off stuff to fellow redcat brothers..fer me it kills 2 birds with one stone..I can help someone out..plus I can make room fer more stuff..lol...as space fer me is somewhat limited..lol

jumpanddrop 03-23-2008 12:23 AM

hey lordmik, you are going to have to modd a couple things to make those shocks work but they are worth it. wait for kuppler to come on tommaorw and ask him for pics of his shcok modd;);)

Macanan 03-23-2008 12:47 AM

Nahh he shouldn't have to do any mods, the shock's that are on them now have a ball joint heads, all lordmik will have to do is unscrew the stud's/ball joint heads and replace with the included screw and shock attachment that I'm sending with them, that Kuppler didn't have when he got his.

jumpanddrop 03-23-2008 01:05 AM

oh they will bind on the reciver box, he is going to have to grind that little tab off that the srew go's in and drill a hole though the corner of the batt box and lid and put a bolt though it;)

Macanan 03-23-2008 01:08 AM

ooo okay learn something new every day :D

Redharris 03-23-2008 01:31 AM

Sorry about this Redharris but someone is in need, Hey Lordmilk how about a set of brand new stock T-Maxx 3.3 shocks never been used, comes with the shock spacers that came with it that never been opened ? THIS IS NOT A SALE IT IS A GIFT FOR SOMEONE IN NEED !
My SHOCKS!:D[X(]:D
Just kiddin Bro! :)
I think its Cool of you to Help a fellow forum member out!
Lordmik will have to do a bit of Modding, but it aint that hard and has been covered extensively.
I'll be happy to help out with pictures and advice if needed.
Just PM me, cuz sometimes I forget what thread I posted in and dont get Back to it til I stumble on it a week or two later....Lol..

Redharris 03-23-2008 01:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the mod jumpanddrop is talkin about.
First picture is a Top view. Second Pic is from underneath. Oops, Disregaurd that third pic. Fourth Pic is from the side.

Redharris 03-23-2008 01:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You will also need to Mod the Top shock mounts. Something like this.

Redharris 03-23-2008 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For Reference, here is a pic with the Full Mod up front, and the Stockies still on the Rear.

jumpanddrop 03-23-2008 01:48 AM

how is that modded???. longer screws?

Macanan 03-23-2008 01:54 AM

LOL I think Red is trying to make it look hard so he will say he dont want the shocks so I can send them to him [sm=bananahead.gif]

Redharris 03-23-2008 02:08 AM

Yeah,,, Screws are 3mm x 20mm long. I used DUBRO hex screws from my local LHS.
And that Bag of spacers Macanan sent with the shocks has ALL the spacers needed for the re-fit. Should even have the Shock Fluid in that bag.
Just Buy the screws and look at my pics, and youre home free.
Great mod that makes a HUGE difference.
The shocks are a bit STIFF at first but they loosen up after about a week and are Perfect after that for Bashing....

Redharris 03-23-2008 02:12 AM

Hey Mac!
Bro...Hows the New Truck holdin up?
Broken anything yet?
Remember our Motto......Go BIG or Go HOME! [sm=48_48.gif]
Lol!

Macanan 03-23-2008 02:18 AM

:DDude this thing is a tank, haven't broken anything yet.

perhamrocks 03-23-2008 10:59 AM

how much does a package of 8 of those cost?

Macanan 03-23-2008 11:07 AM

They cost about $30.00 for everything I have pictured I sent you a PM with the info.

Lordmik 03-23-2008 03:02 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys. :D I can't wait til they get here. I'm so excited!!! Thanks again Mac!!

5lagd 03-23-2008 07:17 PM

Hey Mac,
Thats really awesome of you, especially after reading some of yor posts about lack of funds. You are an inspiration with your generosity.

Lordmik 03-27-2008 12:28 PM

I got em on!!! Very special thanks to Macanan for your extreme generosity!!! I had to do a little engineering to get the front to clear the driveshaft, but these are wonderful!! It's never handled or jumped so well!! Here's my installation pics, sorry I don't know how to make em small.
Rear:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...RearShocks.jpg

Front:
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...rontShocks.jpg