RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   wont be runnin for a while (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/7288852-wont-runnin-while.html)

jumpanddrop 03-26-2008 10:32 PM

wont be runnin for a while

well i new it was goin to happen but i didint get the failsafe in time:(. i hit a jump and pined the thotle to get my nose up and my reciver switch got nocked off[:@]. so there i am running as fast as i can accros the yard while it dose a could flips,smokes a tree and then tumbles into the gargen fence wide open[:'(]. i broke the gas tank, 3 A arms, broke the peace that the arms go into the chassis on the back, bent 2 shocks, bent my chasis and im almost 100% sure i blew up my motor. when i try to turn ther flywheel it just makes a clicking sound so i gess i snaped a con rod and wrecked a sleave. man this teaches me to put a return spring on. i gess its going to be a month or two before i can run again b/c i cant afford a new motor[:o].[:@]. anyone out there wanna give me a good deal on a motor??? [8D]

Cam_132 03-26-2008 10:45 PM

RE: wont be runnin for a while

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

well i new it was goin to happen but i didint get the failsafe in time:(. i hit a jump and pined the thotle to get my nose up and my reciver switch got nocked off[:@]. so there i am running as fast as i can accros the yard while it dose a could flips,smokes a tree and then tumbles into the gargen fence wide open[:'(]. i broke the gas tank, 3 A arms, broke the peace that the arms go into the chassis on the back, bent 2 shocks, bent my chasis and im almost 100% sure i blew up my motor. when i try to turn ther flywheel it just makes a clicking sound so i gess i snaped a con rod and wrecked a sleave. man this teaches me to put a return spring on. i gess its going to be a month or two before i can run again.[:@]. anyone out there wanna give me a good deal on a motor??? [8D]
jeez man that sucks! beter give Rob a call! lol

make a list of what parts you broke! and open up the engine i want to see what happened (and take pics of cource) and take pics of your whole ride!

dude that SUCKS [&o]

and that makes me want to get a throtal return spring!

5lagd 03-26-2008 10:46 PM

redcat engine replacement programm. lol

jumpanddrop 03-26-2008 10:47 PM

yes i would take a pic if i had a camera right now, lol mom is away with it[:@]

Cam_132 03-26-2008 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ldgasp

redcat engine replacement programm. lol
lol ya and get a SH engine lol
if you have a 1/10 get a 21 for Poops and giggels!

jumpanddrop 03-26-2008 10:51 PM

i wish i could use the program but its not a redcat engine[:@]. gess ill have to start savin up for a new motor[:o]. i shouldent have gotton rid of the vx.18

jumpanddrop 03-26-2008 11:09 PM

ya i gess ill try and take the engine apart. kinda nervos doing that but i gess i cant wreck anyting:). anything i should watch out for with these little engines??? hope fully its just a con rod,pison and sleave so i dont have to drop 120 bux on a new motor[:@]

Cam_132 03-26-2008 11:13 PM

the only thing is, when you are takeing it apart take out the glow plug first then remove the head then the sleeve then the back plate then the conecting rod then the clutch and fly wheel then remove the crank. check it all for scratches. and if the conecting rod is gone might as while buy a new engine... what engine do you have?

TThib 03-26-2008 11:16 PM

Nothing to it... Take the backplate and head off, if your conrod isn't in pieces use the ziptie in the port trick to help pop the sleeve off. Conrod/piston comes off the crank just about TDC (with some gentle coaxing).

There's my Readers Digest Abridged Version... ;)

jumpanddrop 03-26-2008 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: retard1322

the only thing is, when you are takeing it apart take out the glow plug first then remove the head then the sleeve then the back plate then the conecting rod then the clutch and fly wheel then remove the crank. check it all for scratches. and if the conecting rod is gone might as while buy a new engine... what engine do you have?
realy???, crap that sucks. its a g3.0[:o]. this time im buyin the os crv i tink its called. anyone know of any good sales right now???

Cam_132 03-26-2008 11:18 PM

OOH Crap that sucks a hpi G3.0! that is a good engine! ya definitaly get a OS or get a SH

and can i have your old engine! see if i can fix it?

lol Canada to Canada... well BC to BC Cheep shiping!

jumpanddrop 03-26-2008 11:20 PM

OOH Crap that sucks a hpi G3.0! that is a good engine! ya definitaly get a OS or get a SH

lol maybe if i can find i new one, might be a while tho[:o]

Macanan 03-26-2008 11:25 PM

http://www.redcatracing.com/engineprogram.asp

do you have a redcat engine

If you got an upgraded motor through redcat it will only cost you half the cost of the motor

Redcat Racing has one of the best engine replacement programs in the industry.

For as long as you own your vehicle, Redcat will replace your engine no matter what happens to it. Burn it up, wear it out or beat it with a sledge hammer, Redcat will replace it for same or upgraded motor for only 1/2 of the retail price of the replacement motor you want to buy.

Cam_132 03-26-2008 11:25 PM

lol EBAY... even better Craigs list!!!

jumpanddrop 03-27-2008 12:44 AM

lol EBAY... even better Craigs list!!!
lol ya ill give it a try. i just order all my parts and it just over 40 bux.[:@] i hate crashes. im going to order a retrun spring also. now i just have to find a good price on a engine. hopefully i can win a half decent one on ebay for 60 bux. maybe ill try that sniping thing:)

Cam_132 03-27-2008 12:48 AM

lol ya ill give it a try. i just order all my parts and it just over 40 bux.[:@] i hate crashes. im going to order a retrun spring also. now i just have to find a good price on a engine. hopefully i can win a half decent one on ebay for 60 bux. maybe ill try that sniping thing:)
insted of buying a throtal return spring online (for 2 or 3$ highway robery) go down to rona or Home depo take your rc with you and go to the springs and choose one there it is about 50 Cents for one there!

jumpanddrop 03-27-2008 01:00 AM

insted of buying a throtal return spring online (for 2 or 3$ highway robery) go down to rona or Home depo take your rc with you and go to the springs and choose one there it is about 50 Cents for one there!
good point. ill do that;)

Cam_132 03-27-2008 01:09 AM

Ya the only thing is take your rc with you and choose a spring that will pull the servo back then the reciver is off but not to mutch that the serco boggs and is rilly slow... so get a light spring but one that will pull it back

and glad i could help!

jumpanddrop 03-27-2008 01:13 AM

Ya the only thing is take your rc with you and choose a spring that will pull the servo back then the reciver is off but not to mutch that the serco boggs and is rilly slow... so get a light spring but one that will pull it back

and glad i could help!
yes thanks. i was thinking that even if i had a fail safe it wouldent of helped. lol it dosent matter now, im geting both;). thats one of the worst feelings i have felt, lol watching my truck drive away on me[:'(]

Cam_132 03-27-2008 01:21 AM

ya the throtal return springs are more reliable than fail safes... if your falesafe has a batterie (witch i doubt) it will be ok, but if the power is cut to the fail safe you are screwed! but throtal return springs are a wonder i am going to get one tomoro when i go to my bilders suply