RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   accelerates by it self (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/8482969-accelerates-self.html)

ferguisa 02-16-2009 01:32 PM

accelerates by it self

Hello, I have a new Redcat Landslide. I have brake in my engine. Batteries are new, the engine accelerates by it self to top speed. You are driving the car and suddenly goes crazy and accelerates to top speed. What can be wrong?

Thanks

Fernando Guisa
[email protected]

r\c justin 02-16-2009 03:06 PM

RE: accelerates by it self

sounds like ur loseing power to the servos when ur rc get so far and out of range it does the same thing just takes off like a bat out of hell, do u have fm or am tranmitter, i would check ur electric parts leave the rc off (with out the motor runing) and make sure everything works ur steering, brakes, etc....

ferguisa 02-16-2009 03:26 PM

Thanks, it do it at 1 meter not faraway. It is a am transmitter . It do it in different locations any distance. Do you think I have to replace the crystal?

Thanks

Fernando

r\c justin 02-16-2009 03:38 PM

i think it is the transmitter, i have about 4 of redcats transmitters and out of 4 maybe only of them work, and they are brand new...they are very very cheap made... sounds like the batteries in the bottom of the tranmitter are coming loose and not getting a good connection as all time.. i bought a old red cat off ebay that came with the old school tranmitter and i have enjoyed it more than the new crap ones that are out.. shouldn't be the cystals. u can get any 2 channel tranmitter, i would go with traxxx

Brett185 02-16-2009 04:21 PM

You want to get a failsafe as well. When there's a bad connection, the batteries get low, or if you run it out of range, the failsafe will automatically engage the brakes.

codokas 02-16-2009 06:32 PM

Correct you are
I have had the same acceleration problems last year and it was interference(CB radio's and cell phones) I put fail safe on ALL my RC's and that was the end of the problem
DOUG

ORIGINAL: Brett185

You want to get a failsafe as well. When there's a bad connection, the batteries get low, or if you run it out of range, the failsafe will automatically engage the brakes.

r\c justin 02-16-2009 09:08 PM

yup 15 to 20 buck u can find out at www.allaboutfunhobbies.com

rjsdad 02-17-2009 05:52 PM

If you could buy a FM transmitter and receiver. It is worth it as well as a fail-safe.

ferguisa 02-26-2009 02:03 PM

Thanks all for the tips. Some one have a WEB address where can I get the Fail-safe? Thanks

r\c justin 02-26-2009 03:20 PM

www.allaboutfunhobbies.com