RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Rockslide RS10 1/10 Scale Crawler (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/8800688-rockslide-rs10-1-10-scale-crawler.html)

schlags62 05-26-2009 05:44 PM

Rockslide RS10 1/10 Scale Crawler

Whats the expected date now? Why are all the dates always changing on all these redcat products??

RedcatRacing 05-26-2009 06:50 PM

RE: Rockslide RS10 1/10 Scale Crawler

The date on the site June 4, is the new updated date.

Unfortunately, dates change due to the production schedule, shipping or customs delays. We don't have much control over them but usually we are pretty accurate.

The RS10 on the other hand was pushed back a few times and I truly apologize. This was due to issues when they were in production at the factory and had to do with the aluminum factory not being able to produce the parts quick enough.

Now, the vehicles are on the boat and due to arrive Long Beach California at the end of May. It then takes a few days to unload the boat and get them to us in Phoenix, so as long as there are not issues with customs, a big earthquake in California or some other strange issue, than the latest date should be the final one.

You are not the only one asking this question. We get numerous calls and emails per day asking about this model.

Darin

schlags62 05-26-2009 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

The date on the site June 4, is the new updated date.

Unfortunately, dates change due to the production schedule, shipping or customs delays. We don't have much control over them but usually we are pretty accurate.

The RS10 on the other hand was pushed back a few times and I truly apologize. This was due to issues when they were in production at the factory and had to do with the aluminum factory not being able to produce the parts quick enough.

Now, the vehicles are on the boat and due to arrive Long Beach California at the end of May. It then takes a few days to unload the boat and get them to us in Phoenix, so as long as there are not issues with customs, a big earthquake in California or some other strange issue, than the latest date should be the final one.

You are not the only one asking this question. We get numerous calls and emails per day asking about this model.

Darin

Do you think there will be hop-ups or upgrades for these trucks? I was really looking at the 1/8 when i heard about this one. I am not a crawler but think it would be cool to just mess with. But then I usually get carried away and buy way more stuff than I need.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ssed_smile.gif

RedcatRacing 06-03-2009 06:10 PM

These have arrived.

Darin

alishanmao 06-06-2009 01:45 AM

Hey there

This is Ali, (Alishanmao www.youtube.com/alishanmao). I am now officially working for redcat. I did few videos on RS-10. There is only one thing I can tell you, when you get this little bugger, you won't be just messing up, you will be rock crawling, bed crawling lol or what ever spaces at home indoor or outdoors you find for crawling you will be running RS-10 all times. Highly additive little bugger. The battery charges quick, few hours n it runs great on one charge (had it running for 15 minutes of rock crawling last time on one charge)

Check the videos at www.youtube.com/alishanmao n you will love it.

For the hop ups, there is one additional upgrade. at the moment i have packed all the vehicles n parts to move to my new location to start working full time with RedCat so I can't post a video but as soon as I am settled in, I will post a video. its a little wheel that we can attach at the bottom center of body so when a rock is high, it won't hit the bottom instead hit the wheel n front n rear wheel power can simple pull or push crawler back. it won't get stuck.

Keep in touch with me if you like [email protected] for further questions or info.

Cheers

Ali<br type="_moz" />

austexjg 06-08-2009 07:54 PM

When do you expect parts or hop ups to be available for this rig? Thanks for the updates...

alishanmao 06-08-2009 08:26 PM

I have got the hop ups but was unable to test them due to my moving to my new job location. I will discuss it with Redcat n get back to you my man

Cheers

Ali<br type="_moz" />

RedcatRacing 06-08-2009 10:54 PM

Most parts are already online and available for sale. All other stock parts will be in stock tomorrow.

You can see them here. http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=rs10 or you can just type in the part number in the search box on the homepage.

More hopups are coming out in the next month or so.

darin

austexjg 06-09-2009 11:09 AM

Thanks for the link - can't wait to see what else is available for this crawler. Are hop ups going to be available or just mainly replacement parts? I know that Redcat is entry level, but upgrades are always welcomed - can you suggest a higher mAh battery that would allow for longer runs times and fit in the battery compartment?

P.S. Thank you for the quick repsonse to my emails to customer service about replacement parts - Top Notch all the Way

AliRedCatRacing 06-23-2009 01:11 AM

Well I would not push this little baby too much. Ihave done rock crawling upto 12 minutes continous on stock battery that comes in the box.

The Max volts that RS-10ESCcan take is 9Volts. But I'd not recommend that, as you don't wanna smell something n see smoke coming out after 15 minutes of rock crawling :)

Basically Rock Crawling doesn't mean that the motor is running all times. When you rock crawl, you need to sit, think how to climb up to next rock. then move forward or backward. saves battery n gives you longer crawling time.

If you have any other questions Contact me at [email protected]

Cheers

Ali

austexjg 08-04-2009 06:14 PM

Any idea on the what upgrades/hop ups might be coming out? Seems that the truck will be back in stock in Mid-August - will any news parts be added at that time - how about adding pictures for the new parts on the website?

rustneversleeps 10-12-2009 07:47 AM

hi was just thinking of buying the rockslider rs10.......looks to be a nice crawler for the price.I want one but i have a few questions...
1.Can you use 2 cell 7.4 4000 25C lipo's,will it over heat the esc and will the motors handle it...
2.are the diff gears metal or plastic......
3.how long would a standard MiH battery last or lipo if we can use lipo's.....
4.can you get or can we use 2 brushless motors with brushless esc..is it possiable or would it be to hard on the diff gears...
5.and are spare parts avaiable for the rockslider rs10......

I'm really looking into rock crawling......and i figure this would be good as and entry level.and if it start falling apart after i month of use...at least i'll have all the spare parts and i can kit bash for some other rock crawling product,such as ,Aixial,HPI,Venom.......

can't wait for your answers....
Rustneversleeps
</p>

</p>

chevyderek72 10-12-2009 07:15 PM

The only thing i can answer for sure is yes there are spare parts. At redcatracing.com, and other dealers too.

cul8tr 10-13-2009 08:58 PM

Anybody compare the RS10 against any other rock crawler, side by side? Thanks