RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Remote control no car signal HELP (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/9933410-remote-control-no-car-signal-help.html)

Merciless 08-14-2010 04:07 PM

Remote control no car signal HELP

Ijust received my first RC car yesterday which is a Tornado S30. I am completely new to this so need some help. I installed the batteries and turned the remote on, then the car and wow nothing happens. Iget no signal, the steering and throttle has no response. Icheck all the connections and the crystals which all in all it looks good. Also, when i turn the car off the front tires turn to the left as far as they can go. So i know it has current, the tires are moving but I am getting no response from the controller. This being brand new which i havent even got to the breaking the engine in part, there should be absouletly nothing wrong with a brand new vehicle. Needless to say, my very first rc car and right off the bat i am having issues. I expected issues to come but not out of the box. Has anyone had this issue or know how to resolve besides sending the controller back to redcat requesting a new one?

Another thing is I disconnected the battery pack harness a couple times and now i dont know when reconnecting the harness if red wire from one side should match up with the connecting red wire from the other side or if it connects to the black wire.
I know sounds stupid, red should match red, if this is the case then i get no car current. When i connect the two connectors, one leading from the car battery and the other leading from the battery pack and I connect them i guess backwards so that red plugs into black then the car has current and the tires turn immediately to the left but when I conect them so red matches red and black matches black wire then the car has no current. When i say no current i mean when i turn the car on no response what so ever, tires dont turn, not a thing. So i am curious if Iam not connecting it properly or maybe a faulty car battery? Any assistance would be great. Its too bad redcat support is closed on the weekends....

cswtornado 08-17-2010 07:13 PM

RE: Remote control no car signal HELP

Are the remote's lights on?

NitroKings 08-18-2010 05:47 AM

I am curious to see if someone knows what the problem is about. My customer recently had the same thing and sent him all new parts, but still did not function. He is sending me the car back now.

Merciless 08-19-2010 10:37 PM

Merciless 08-19-2010 10:42 PM

Yes the remote lights are on.

The remote turns on fine, the car wont. The on/off connector in the batter box and the battery pack connector seem to be the issue in my opinion. When the red/black wires from both connectors are connected properly there is no "jolt" of energy in the car when turned on. When you connect them back wards (which is bad of course) the front tires move all the way to the left. So at least Iget something that the car can be alive its just the wrong way.I will be sending it back to Redcat to fix. I would take to a hobby shop but I am not paying someone to look at my car when its brand new and shouldnt have problems anyways.